WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-13-2018, 05:39 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...

Paige took the same spot from Bayley the night before. The difference was Bayley did it just with her legs, Sasha pushed off the corner with force while using her legs. Point is, Bayley protected Paige's back by doing the spot the right way, Sasha did it carelessly, so why shouldn't some of the blame be put on her?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:57 AM
ROH Pure Champion

Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Well I feel bad for her getting injured and being done as in-ring performer permanently but I can't say I'm gonna miss her as I always found her overrated and boring as shit. Since returning, I've skipped anything Paige/Absolution on Raw. Personally found the "Women's Revolution" more entertaining without her presence there even though I'm not a fan of the "Women's Revolution" in general.

Sasha Banks is no prize for me and I can't stand her either.

Last edited by Wolf Pac : 01-13-2018 at 06:01 AM.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:45 AM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

I'm on the "it was going to happen regardless" train. Whether it happened in that instant or a month or a year down the line, Paige's career was always going to be done sooner rather than later with her neck as fucked up as it was. If WWE's medical policy was as strict in the past as it is today, Edge probably would have been done years sooner than he ultimately was. That doesn't mean Sasha doesn't deserve part of the blame. The #1 goal of any wrestler is, or should be, to always protect the people you're in the ring with because they're literally putting their life in your hands. What Sasha did was reckless and more than a little bit stupid, and whether Paige's days were numbered or not, Sasha's actions directly ended Paige's career.

I would bet that she's going to get a ton of heat and will suffer the consequences for a long while. I don't see her circling the title picture anytime soon. Definitely feel for Paige though. To have my career end at 25 when I still had all the potential in the world would pretty much devastate me.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:09 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
World Heavyweight Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

The thing people forget is that Paige had a "loaded deck" to begin with, as she had scoliosis they only found when she had joined the company. So basically her spine was predisposed to problems and there was always going to be higher likelihood of her career ending earlier as a result.

However there is no way this is anything but bad for WWE as a whole... It puts into sharp focus that any performer is a moment away from permanent injury, it ends the career of a talent who not only had more to give the business, but is going to be highlighted in the movie shortly... that movie now ends with one of those depressing cards that says "Saraya-Jade was forced to retire aged 25, after being severely injured during a match..." and god knows what else happens in the meantime with Paige's know fragile mental state...

WWE have a MAJOR duty of care to this woman, and they will be scrutinised if they fail on it. A job is the least they can give her, and I am sure she will remain on tour and part of the show, even if it's as a manager/valet or even a commentator or backstage interviewer. If WWE don't go ALL OUT to make sure Paige is looked after, and the worst happens then they will have major blowback.

Personally, I think the NXT trainer idea is actually one of the better ones. Paige certainly knows the business and with her years of experience could be very valuable in that role, even if she can't bump. I am sure she will be involved with her family territory as well in the UK at various points, she could also work well for the WWE UK arm if it ever gets going as a GM type... so there are things she can do for WWE.

Should Sasha face any blowback? Sorry but yes... While what she did wasn't unsafe in the same way Owen piledriving Austin or D Lo powerbombing Droz was, the outcome is the same, a top talent is gone as a result. It's unlikely other talents will trust her in the ring in the same way and there will always be that niggling doubt as to whether she just "screwed up" or was frustrated in some way and kicked a little harder than should have been done.

Personally, I think it's so sad this happened, and really hope that the company, her friends and family make sure she doesn't go into a downward spiral... lest we have a real tragedy on our hands.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:28 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

I wonder how much of her condition can be attributed to training at such a young age. Our bodies are so fragile as adults, I would imagine that there are certain things some are not meant to do while they are still developing.

Just a thought. I'm not a doctor.

Otherwise this sucks for her. She had a lot more to gain from the industry and that is gone now. It isn't that big of a loss for WWE. She was basically gone for a year and the women's division was just fine. She is replaceable.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 01-14-2018, 11:02 AM
WWE Champion
Knockout Champion

Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...

Alicia Fox, Emma, Alexa Bliss TWICE... and now Paige.

Sasha needs to go, she's a reckless performer who doesn't know how to protect her opponent.. I would not be blaming Sasha for this at all if she didn't have a reputation for injuring people... Get rid of her and be done with it.

She doesn't contribute that much to WWE anymore to keep her around.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:04 PM

M.V.W. is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by THTRobtaylor
The thing people forget is that Paige had a "loaded deck" to begin with, as she had scoliosis they only found when she had joined the company. So basically her spine was predisposed to problems and there was always going to be higher likelihood of her career ending earlier as a result.

However there is no way this is anything but bad for WWE as a whole... It puts into sharp focus that any performer is a moment away from permanent injury, it ends the career of a talent who not only had more to give the business, but is going to be highlighted in the movie shortly... that movie now ends with one of those depressing cards that says "Saraya-Jade was forced to retire aged 25, after being severely injured during a match..." and god knows what else happens in the meantime with Paige's know fragile mental state...

WWE have a MAJOR duty of care to this woman, and they will be scrutinised if they fail on it. A job is the least they can give her, and I am sure she will remain on tour and part of the show, even if it's as a manager/valet or even a commentator or backstage interviewer. If WWE don't go ALL OUT to make sure Paige is looked after, and the worst happens then they will have major blowback.

Personally, I think the NXT trainer idea is actually one of the better ones. Paige certainly knows the business and with her years of experience could be very valuable in that role, even if she can't bump. I am sure she will be involved with her family territory as well in the UK at various points, she could also work well for the WWE UK arm if it ever gets going as a GM type... so there are things she can do for WWE.

Should Sasha face any blowback? Sorry but yes... While what she did wasn't unsafe in the same way Owen piledriving Austin or D Lo powerbombing Droz was, the outcome is the same, a top talent is gone as a result. It's unlikely other talents will trust her in the ring in the same way and there will always be that niggling doubt as to whether she just "screwed up" or was frustrated in some way and kicked a little harder than should have been done.

Personally, I think it's so sad this happened, and really hope that the company, her friends and family make sure she doesn't go into a downward spiral... lest we have a real tragedy on our hands.
Good ideas! Any of those would be nice to keep her in the fold. Didn't know she had scoliosis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiah
Alicia Fox, Emma, Alexa Bliss TWICE... and now Paige.

Sasha needs to go, she's a reckless performer who doesn't know how to protect her opponent.. I would not be blaming Sasha for this at all if she didn't have a reputation for injuring people... Get rid of her and be done with it.

She doesn't contribute that much to WWE anymore to keep her around.
Twice? SMH!
Old 01-14-2018, 09:01 PM
Lets Bitch About This Thing We Love
Knockout Champion

Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Only found out about this today and did a legit double-take to make sure I didn't confuse Paige's name with someone elses.

What a huge shame. I recently listened to Paige's interview on Lillian Garcia's podcast where she candidly opened up about the tumultuous year she had (and owned up to her mistakes 100%) and detailed her road to recovery. She seemed to have her head back on straight and was ready to redeem herself in 2018. By the end of the interview I was rooting for her to succeed so this is devastating to hear. Check it out if you have a chance.

Crazy enough, during that interview she mentioned her previous neck injury and discussed something about how her doctor believed she shouldn't wrestle again. When Lillian asked if Paige was concerned about any long-term effects, Paige simply said she'd cross that bridge when it came. Unfortunately, she's now crossing it much, much sooner than later.

It's also worth nothing that when Paige discussed working with Sasha in her first singles match in a year she praised Sasha for taking care of her, helping hide her ring rust, and all-around working like a pro. Not trying to excuse Sasha (though I have a very hard time crucifying her the way others are), but shit happens in wrestling. Yes, she could've kicked Paige more softly but after hearing Lillian's interview, maybe Paige shouldn't have been cleared to begin with.

Even if Paige miraculously gets cleared down the line I'm not sure I'd want her to wrestle after this latest scare. I do hope WWE keeps her around as she's a big name (soon to be bigger once Rock's movie hits) with a lot of knowledge and experience to offer the ladies. At best she can go the Corey Craves route. Paige had quite the in-ring career with big milestones to her name (first NXT women's champ, only woman to hold the Divas/NXT women's belts simultaneously). I hope Paige continues to stay on the right track, even if that track has now changed shaped completely.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:33 AM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodo Sawaki View Post
During Summerslam weekend some fans approached to her at hotel while she was trying to go get pizza and she dissed them which lead to them booing her. Her getting on some podcast and calling them stalkers didnt helped the case. So yeah, her treating fans isnt considered as good.

With that and this Paige injury I could see her catching heat. Add that apparently Vince doesnt like her, plus probable adding of Rousey and rise of Asuka and Sashas future isnt so bright.

In the case of the Summerslam incident, it is often a case of "She said. They said".

I mean, maybe she politely declined, and they razzed her, or they invaded her personal space, or she was mean to them.

We don't know. We are getting one side of the story. Some fans think that paying money entitles them to act rude and be creepy to a celebrity, and if the celebrity acts like anyone else would in the situation, the fan then uses their phone or goes online and relays their story, keeping their part of the offence out of it, of course.

I'm not saying this happened, in this case. But I need more than one story to be convinced that someone is not nice to the paying public. People have moods, and we don't know what is going on in someone's life.

If there are multiple reports of Sasha acting like this, fair enough. But one incident isn't enough when someone can act any way they want to a celebrity, and then go online and report only their side of the story, knowing that many will believe them.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:53 AM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by THTRobtaylor View Post

If WWE cared so much about her movie, then why were they okay with suspending her, and having the news leak out on her sex tapes etc.

If they cared about the Paige movie, then WWE would have done more to cover up her indiscretions, and not let it leak out, in order to avoid negative publicity to the movie.

It's funny, a few months ago, WWE were ready to wash their hands of Paige. Multiple suspensions, sex tapes, and sticking their nose into her marriage, demanding that she not associate with an employee (Alberto Del Rio) who had embarrassed them in the past. (They were fine with covering up an employee who racially vilified Del Rio, and suspended ADR instead, and then sooked when he went to the press about why he was fired, but then didn't put the same effort into protecting Paige from bad publicity).

I think, secretly, WWE would be relieved that this happened. They saw Paige as trouble, as only kept her around because she still has some years left on her contract. They would have cut her loose if they could've.

Also, I thought that this movie was being driven by the Rock, and had nothing to do with WWE Films. So it sounds like more of an independent project, that has only got off the ground because of Dwayne Johnson's standing in Hollywood. I don't see the film being a blockbuster anyway, because (a) it would appeal only to wrestling fans, and (b) even then, not everyone would go and see a film about a wrestling family in England. It might work better as a doco, but a full-length film, I can't see it succeeding unless it is an indy film.