WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Can you feel...the electricity?

Adam Rush is looking to come up from OCW...Adam Rush is looking to come up from OCW...
Default 2012-13 WWE Season

Well, I got an idea for a thread earlier. On this thread, I want to make some bold predictions. But first thing's first...

When I was 10 I was introduced to wrestling by my grandpa. It's been the one thing that keeps me watching the WWE. Now, when I started watching, things had begun to decline. When Eddie died, it really sorta killed the WWE. When Benoit killed himself and his family, WWE was at an all-time low, in my opinion. But now, there's something to be excited for. The WWE is trending upward.

The WWE is riding a wave of momentum. Wrestlemania 28 was solid. The return of Lesnar has been stellar. The Rock promised he would be WWE Champ again (although I don't believe it for a second). The John Laurinaitis takeover is in full swing. The conspiracy finally affects Cena. Cena is on a losing streak for the first time in so long. And the "YES!" chants...I love it! Daniel Bryan is awesome.

The roster is chock-full of a perfect mix of young talent and veterans. CM Punk, John Cena, Randy Orton, Kane, Mark Henry, Chris Jericho, and the Big Show lead the veteran group. Meanwhile, look at the young talent on the roster: Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett, and Sheamus, among others! The WWE is rising big time.

Now on to my really bold predictions. Feel free to diss any or all of them, IWC. FEEL FREE.

1) The Cruiserweight Division returns:
This needs to happen. With the talent the WWE has, let's take a look at the possibilities:
Sin Cara, Hunico, Rey Mysterio, Evan Bourne, Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, Justin Gabriel, Tyson Kidd.
That's enough to make a legitimate Cruiserweight Division. With Renato Ruiz (Averno) signed, you have to see that this can easily be done. Even without Bryan or Ziggler, this is still a solid division. You almost have to give the title to a Bryan or Ziggler though, because the WWE kinda messed up the prestige when they fed Noble and Chavo to Hornswoggle. Still, this is a really good idea that NEEDS to happen.

2) The return of a REAL tag team division:
This can happen. Let's look at the current tag teams:
Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger- Okay, so this might not be a team much longer (see later post)
Epico and Primo- A very good, young tag team. Primo's still lucky to be around. Thought he would be on Superstars forever...and this team is really good. The WWE needs to keep this team happy.
R-Truth and Kofi Kingston- I have a feeling that once Morrison comes back, something's gonna happen with this makeshift team.
Camacho and Hunico- Come on. Let's face it, this will be a team eventually. I think it will be a solid team.
Santino and Brodus Clay- Well, this team looks like a force to be reckoned with. The face team could be tag champs soon.
Usos- This team is the second best on the roster in my opinion. They work together so well, and the crowd loves them.
Darren and Titus- This team looks good already. Titus looks to carry this team by himself.
Point is, solid teams are everywhere right now. And I can't wait to see Cesaro and Ohno. Point is, the tag team division will get better in 2012-13, mark my words.

3) Brock and Rock...WWE Champs?
Well, let's start with Rocky...he said that he will be WWE champion again. Now whether that was legitimate, I'm not sure. But it could happen, and I think it will. As for Mr. ILikeToBeatPeopleUp, well Lesnar is WRECKING Cena at the moment. That's a main event push. I could see him between June and October winning the belt. Don't be surprised to see a Lesnar vs Rock bout at Wrestlemania 29 for the biggest prize in the WWE. If that happens, we'll get SuperCena vs Undertaker. That could be fun.

4) Lord Tensai
Well, this man is AKA A-Train/Albert. He isn't getting over...yet. But watch out for him. He WILL gain big heat. And I'm willing to bet it will involve CM Punk.

5) The return of Jeff Hardy
This is another thing that has to happen. The WWE needs this guy big-time. He's been rumored to return. And I think he will, but it'll be his last shot to stay clean. Now does he come back as a face or a heel? That's yet to be seen, but he can do anything. He can be on either brand. He's a top-25 type guy in wrestling. He will either be Intercontinental/United States Champion or be in the World title picture.

6) Dolph Ziggler to Smackdown (just as Randy Orton goes to RAW)
This is another thing that needs to happen. Randy Orton desperately needs a change of scenery. Now I could see where this could sound terrible, but Orton is a top-10 guy in WWE. He needs to move to RAW because...well you'll see later.
As for Ziggler: This guy is top-10 in the WWE as well. Go on, disagree. Disagree with his improving mic skills. Disagree with the fact that Ziggler sells the best in WWE today! Disagree with the fact that he has the overall look to be a star. Disagree. I dare you.
He needs to be drafted to the blue brand. He's (for some effing reason) being buried on RAW, and he doesn't need to be. He deserves better. So send him to Smackdown. He will instantly rise to the top. I predict that he will turn face as well. That would enable Bryan/Ziggler to happen, as well as Christian/Ziggler, among other things. Turning face would be great for Dolph. And my final prediction...it takes big balls to make one like this. I'm calling it now. Dolph Ziggler, face, on Smackdown will be World Heavyweight Champion by the end of the 2012-13 season. What I see happening is Bryan regains his title, then Ziggler is sent to Smackdown. He attacks Bryan. Then Bryan vs Ziggler happens at, say, Survivor Series. Epic. Ziggler wins the match and becomes World Champ, eventually leading into a rematch at TLC, which Bryan loses. Then Bryan wins the Royal Rumble, leading into a Ziggler/Bryan matchup at Wrestlemania 29. Bryan/Ziggler will happen. Just wait.

7) John Cena and Cody Rhodes.
This isn't what you think, it's what everyone suspects. Rhodes needs RAW, and RAW needs Rhodes. Rhodes needs to be in the WWE title picture, and he will be on RAW. He's young, he's good on the mic, and he's a great wrestler. And the big one...Cena will go to Smackdown. It's the greatest move from a business standpoint the WWE can make. Cena...on every show. The WWE Universe will hate this (well, at least half anyway), but let's face it, Cena will drive up ratings like gas prices!

That's all I've got guys. Stay tuned, the WWE will, and I mean WILL, be worth watching this year.

Comments? Questions? Need me to do more? Post here.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

AwesomeRko is looking to come up from OCW...AwesomeRko is looking to come up from OCW...

Interesting predictions I'l give my quick take on them just now:

1. I don't think this will happen as much as I'd love it too and as you pointed out WWE has the tools and guys to do it. I don't think Vince has ever been big on cruiserweights, the best stuff was in WCW where they had an epic division, which in my view never really translated over to WWE in spite of many of the top WCW cruiserweights heading there.

In WWE the cruiserweight title was made to look pretty much meaningless and was a complete afterthought. The fact that many guys who would be competing and classified as cruiserweight like Mysterio, Ziggler, Punk, Bryan and Sin Cara are further up the card combined with everything thats going on just now means I can't see them bringing it back at least onto regular programming. Our best hope might be a seperate show for cruierweights featuring some of the lower card guys and young talent on the WWE network which would be pretty cool.

2. I think there is actually a fairly decent chance of this happening. In O'Neill/Young, Epico/Primo, Hawkins/Reks, The Uso's, KOW, Hunico/Camacho, Gabriel/Kidd and the Uso's you already have a fairly competive tag roster that the WWE could really use in place. None of these guys have much going individually and could do with the tv time to perfect and hone their in-ring and promo skills, Smackdown would be a great platform from which to rebuild tag wrestling.

3. I am 90% sure Brock if he continues to appear fairly regularly will be granted an extended run probably into Wrestlemania with the championship. His opponent if that is the case will probably be the Rock, who I would love to win but we shall see.

4. I see Tensai having the typical Umaga-esque monster destroyer run culminating in a failed title opportunity at a smaller PPV, like Capitol punishment, before dropping back to enhancement talent on the mid-card. I just don't see much potential in the guy at all personally.

5. I don't think Hardy's contract in TNA is up till like January 2013, or possibly later, I may be wrong though. Regardless I just think he's too much of a loose cannon he's doing ok in TNA now but I'm not sure WWE with the strictness of their wellness policy would be willing to take the risk.

6. I agree that Ziggler needs to go to Smackdown he is not getting the spot he deserves on Raw. He is probably the best in-ring competitor in the WWE, his mic-skills have improved to the point I actually consider him one of the most entertaining and his show-off gimmick is a perfect fit. He has clear world-championship credntials and I believe could have a great run as WHC on Smackdown in 2012.

I also agree that Orton should move to Raw and get back in amongst the main-event scene there. He has fueded with pretty much everyone on SD this past year and has done greta in putting so any people over that he deserves another top of the card run.

I also completely agree that Cena should finally be drafted to Smackdown as well to compensate for the star-power lost by Orton, you can't have Cena, Punk and Orton on the same show. It would tie in with the storyline of Cena no longer being 'the man', in the company, keep him out of the WWE title picture, give him fresh fueds on Smackdown and he could stll appear on Raw regularly due to the Supershow.

Miz should also head to Smackdown whilst Rhodes and Christian should come to Raw.

Last edited by AwesomeRko : 04-23-2012 at 08:43 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Miseria Cantare

Fugazi is looking to come up from OCW...Fugazi is looking to come up from OCW...

Cruiserweight;
I like the idea but until the US/IC belts can produce good enough competition I think adding another belt would be a waste.

Tag Belts;

I would love this. The tag titles haven't been legit since JeriShow in my opinion. Theres enough possible teams for this but I'm really not sure if Vince gives a damn about these belts.

Brock and Rock as Champs;
Lesnar will win it. Whether he has to run through CM Punk or Cena or anyone else. He will become the WWE champion sometime this year without a doubt.

As for Rock I'm really not sure. I want Rock to come back for a mania rematch during Summerslam so he can help Cena come back to the top. If that happens I really don't know where they could throw him in. Maybe have him face Lesnar for the belt at some point and win it which would be pretty cool for nostalgic reasons.

Lord Tensai;
I absolutely agree. I can see it so clearly that his feud with Punk is right around the corner. Well thats if they don't put on Jericho at Extreme Rules to prolonge the feud(which could end anyway with Tensai intervening)

Jeff Hardy;
Face. Absolutely face. He sells and hes a fan favorite face. The WWE currently lacks main eventing faces.

Ziggler/Orton;
I like your Ziggler idea. I've been thinking for about a year now how awesome a face turn would be for him. Throwing him on smackdown as a face would be a great move I believe. As for your time frame on him winning the championship, I like that as well, as a Ziggler fan. But on the other hand you also mention Cena going to smackdown so unless they can find high quality feuds for Cena outside of the WHC contention I doubt they would give Ziggler a run.

As for Orton, I don't even know anymore. I've seen him hop brands so many times and everything he does just tends to bore me(last 2-3 years). Sticking him on RAW might be a good idea. I wouldn't mind seeing him feud with Lesnar at some point before Lesnar disappears again.

Rhodes/Cena;
Rhodes on RAW is gold, I think. But I don't see him getting in the title picture for another 2 years sadly. I'm sure Lesnar's reign in the near future will take a long while and I believe the only person that will take him down may be Cena or Punk since those 2 are in need of a big win like that. Anyone lesser pulling that win would just be absolutely insulting to fans.

As for Cena, I've wanted him to go to smackdown for a year now. Ever since his feud with Punk ended really. Send him off to smackdown for a while then set up another Lesner vs Cena match that could act as a cross brand match at mania or something.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:03 AM

nxtgeneration is looking to come up from OCW...

i would leave cena on raw and cody on smackdown. however one BIG move i think will happen at the 2012 draft (if it happens) will be CM Punk to smackdown and sheamus to raw. WITH there respective titles. i think this will mix it up a bit.

The reason i left cena on raw and cody on smackdown, is that raw is more about the entertainment then the wrestling matches themselves. i think this way we could have much better title scenes:

Raw:
Sheamus
Big Show
Mark Henry
Wade Barrett
Jack Swagger
John Cena
Brock Lesnar
The Rock
(even possible triple h??) for the World heavyweight championship

Smackdown
CM Punk
Daniel Bryan
Christian
Cody Rhodes
Dolph Ziggler
Alberto Del Rio
The Miz
for the WWE title

I think in these two groups, you could pair any group of them up and get decent stories (obviously some may need face/heel turns but you get the drift). I have left randy orton out because im not sure were he fits better, but i think raw.

I think also that if a cruiser weight division was to return, it would have to be to replace the US title (which i am fine with, as i really had to think when i saw on the main page "US Title Match added to Pre-show" about who the actual champion was)
sendpm.gif
Old 04-25-2012, 10:53 AM

jeritroll94 is looking to come up from OCW...

1 - Cruiserweight Division - I doubt this will happen but there is talent in that category that might not be ready for mid-card titles. This will be perfect for guys like Kidd, Gabriel, Primo, Epico, Bourne, Barretta, Tatsu etc. Like the idea but won't happen.

2 - Tag Titles - Vince doesn't give a crap about this obviously. Apart from some teams who end up being under-used, we are given random teams like Kofi and R-Truth, Big Show and Khali etc. So this won't be improving anytime soon.

3- Rock/Brock WWE Champions - Hoping Brock DOESN'T win the title but The Rock why not? The Rock could have potential good title feuds with guys like Punk, Miz or even Triple H and reborn that epic feud! Brock Lesnar is good in the ring but seriously I nearly fall asleep during his promos...imagine that when he's a WWE Champion. He doesn't have the charisma a champ needs to have. If The Rock and Brock do meet at next year's Wrestlemania - don't make it for the WWE title. Leave that for other talent and build a great card like this years.

4- Lord Tensai - Give it time, he is rumored for a feud with CM Punk but I have a feeling he is just going to end up a mid-carder afterwards and maybe have the odd US/IC title run.

5 - Jeff Hardy - Question here is Jeff can come back but will he be able to remain there and stay clean? Would like to see Jeff back in a WWE ring but I highly doubt this will happen.

6- Dolph Ziggler to SD/Orton to Raw - I think both will be on SD. I saw that Randy Orton/Alberto Del Rio are going to have a feud this year and the title will be in use here. As for Dolph who is good but not quite there yet, give him a solid mid-card title run and keep him a heel. Make him a bit like Barrett's run after The Corre to push him potentially to the upper card.

7 - Cena/Rhodes - Both will remain where they are. Cena will have a WWE title this year (name a year since 2005 he hasn't won a title) and they will keep him in that sort of picture. I think that if The Rock does beat anyone for the WWE Championship...it will be Cena! As for Rhodes who is a solid Fav 5 for me atm, I do see him breaking into the World Title picture this year. The World Heavyweight Title is going to be like holding hot coal. I predict that by Wrestlemania 29; Sheamus, Del Rio, Orton, Barrett , Bryan and Rhodes will all have AT LEAST one run with that title.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-25-2012, 07:43 PM

DrWilsonIPersume is looking to come up from OCW...

i do not think brock will get a strap, listen to his promos, "i am not a superstar, i am an asskicker"

i do not think he will have any interest, he will feud with Cena, possibly cause some mayhem resulting in Punk dropping the title, and i believe a BIG part of him coming back is to fight Taker at 29....
sendpm.gif