WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > General Wrestling Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-16-2018, 04:47 AM
Not really working as a
WWE Diva's Champion

Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...

The PWI Awards is usually awards in the kayfabe spectrum, isn't it? I'm actually surprised Brock Lesnar isn't in the top three. He delivered in 2017, even Goldeberg he was capabble of delivering a good match. Winning the Universal Championship and successfully defending it against the likes of Braun Strowman and Samoa Joe, as well as beating AJ Styles to declare himself the Champion of Champions.

AJ Styles did win the US Title and the WWE Championship in 2017, so maybe, that's it? He pretty much won every feud he's been in.

That's also the only explanation I have for Cody to be in the third place. He won the ROH Championship, aligned himself with The Bullet Club and challenged for some championships like the Impact Grand Championship, IWGP World Championship and Tag Team Championship. He lost in all of them, but he kinda delivered in Ring of Honor winning the ROH Wrestler of The Year Award. It has to be it, because the guy isn't anything out of the ordinary.

Also, fuck the Young Bucks. Never seen a match of them where I genuinely thought they were good. Overrated.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:49 PM

GhettoV1 is looking to come up from OCW...

Ray Gonzalez Jr. would be better off in NXT or ROH if WWC is still closed due to Hurricane Maria a few months ago. It's better than ending up in Impact Wrestling.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:35 AM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Killjoy View Post
You must have shattered glass in your eyes. I HIGHLY doubt he will be anywhere close to NXT or ROH by the end of the year. There's a level of skill you need for that, not to mention a level of disciple which time and time again he's shown to lack.
Especially since he is only 19. WWE will only sign those 21 and over. He is still a KID. Give him a few years.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:21 PM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Yaz View Post
Cody making it that high up the wrestler of the year list is making my eyes bleed. Fuck Cody Rhodes and everything he stands for.
What? You mean he should not try to get himself booked to where HE thinks he should be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Yaz;
Cody, who wouldn't be in wrestling if it wasn't for his last name, has zero qualities that make him stand out. Bland look, bland moves, bland promos. He is also a gigantic fucking dickbag. He constantly shits on WWE employees on social media, throws a fit whenever WWE tries to use anything related to WCW or Heaven forbid his dad, and despite being the third banana in his own family, makes companies book his shitty wife. He bitches about the Stardust character, despite him initially pitching that idea to creative. He constantly shits on anyone who has an opinion on wrestling that differs from his, and he runs to white knight for his meal ticket (The Young Bucks) anytime they are criticized.
But, you forget that Cody Rhodes is portraying a HEEL character. What he is doing is what HEELS do. He has a right to bitch because Stardust was taken in a direction where the creator of the gimmick did not feel it belonged. And, what is a Heel if he did not bring in his better half? And, if your father had the same legacy that Cody's father had, you would be ferociously defending it as well. And, we all know that happens to a lot of wrestlers whose parents were in the business. Do you think Roman Reigns would be in the business if he was not born Leati Anoa'i?

Quote:
His entire character these days is "My dad was famous so I deserve stuff. WWE treated me bad. Look at me leaching off the popularity of the most overblown faction on the indie circuit."
Again, he is a HEEL character. He is going to come off with an "I am entitled!" promo. Miz does that all the time. Only his real last name is not Runnels. And, The Young Bucks are a DRAW. Whether you like them or not. If I am not mistaken, Cody Rhodes was INVITED by the Jacksons to join Bullet Club. And, why not join a faction that makes MILLIONS? Look at the merch sales? If Daniel Bryan went Indy TOMORROW, he would be in Hot Topic in a month, and Birdie will have her and her Grandchildren's College Fund paid a hundred times over. Cody made a SMART business decision that is making him MORE money than WWE could give him.

Quote:
Seriously, has Cody ever accomplished anything on his own merit?
Yes, he has. When he broke from WWE, he went out and got matches he felt he needed and what WE, as fans, WANTED to see. Apparently it worked because a lot of people went to see him in places one might not have gone to.

Quote:
Usually when WWE castoffs leave WWE, they are able to provide something fairly unique to the indie scene. Be it a crazy character or crazy flippy moves or something unique. Cody provides his last name, average matches, and too much spotlight on his wife.
And, made Indy promoters a lot of money. He did better in that department than Adam Rose, Bull James and, yes, Damian Sandow. If people are willing to PAY to see you, take a picture with you, buy your merch, and believe you give quality for your dollar, mission accomplished.

What people need to remember is that this is a FAN vote. Not a vote of Pro Wrestling writers. It was the FANS that chose the Young Bucks and Cody Rhodes. And, why not? There is not one bad choice here. Some may differ. But, when your merch is flying out of Hot Topic and not the Bingo Hall or American Legion Hall exclusively, you must be doing SOMETHING right for your fans. Just because you hate something does not mean it is not celebrated by others. I have seen worse from PWI. However, I can agree with every choice made.

Last edited by stingray11214 : 01-19-2018 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Double post, add quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:27 PM
squashed Disco Inferno to become
WCW TV Champion

Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pay Per Ghost is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Hit Prince View Post
The PWI Awards is usually awards in the kayfabe spectrum, isn't it? I'm actually surprised Brock Lesnar isn't in the top three. He delivered in 2017, even Goldeberg he was capabble of delivering a good match. Winning the Universal Championship and successfully defending it against the likes of Braun Strowman and Samoa Joe, as well as beating AJ Styles to declare himself the Champion of Champions.

AJ Styles did win the US Title and the WWE Championship in 2017, so maybe, that's it? He pretty much won every feud he's been in.

That's also the only explanation I have for Cody to be in the third place. He won the ROH Championship, aligned himself with The Bullet Club and challenged for some championships like the Impact Grand Championship, IWGP World Championship and Tag Team Championship. He lost in all of them, but he kinda delivered in Ring of Honor winning the ROH Wrestler of The Year Award. It has to be it, because the guy isn't anything out of the ordinary.

Also, fuck the Young Bucks. Never seen a match of them where I genuinely thought they were good. Overrated.
Brock has been SO overlooked this year, I have given up.

He had one of the best matches of the year at Mania with Goldberg, also fuck your 45 min choreograph fests.

He had a good enough match with Joe, Strowman and a great one with AJ. Brock is what is best about pro wrestling and it's again, going back to the roots: a legit tough guy, who beats every REAL top contender in front of him CLEAN.

Oh yeah and just for that, Fuck you PWI.