WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-29-2015, 10:12 AM

Greg4WWE is looking to come up from OCW...Greg4WWE is looking to come up from OCW...Greg4WWE is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Does Cena get #17?

Or does he stay at 16?

I have to think somewhere down the line he will get #17. It may be a while yet, and it may only be for a few mins (get cashed in on) or for one night (losing it on Raw) but for some reason I think WWE will want to give him that honor.

I don't personally care if he gets it or not. May be best he doesn't, it's just my hunch he will. What do you guys think?

I still can't believe they count Nash just giving the belt to Flair as one of Flair's title reigns, but is what it is.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-29-2015, 10:27 AM
Where it at doe?
ROH Pure Champion

Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I think there is no question it is going to happen. He could well go down as the most 'hero' superstar of all time and what's best of all is that it has all been in the WWE his whole career. He didn't jump ships like flair did. When you think of wrestling you think of Hogan, Flair, Austin, Rock, Sting etc but in 20 years I could quite easily see it being "who will be the next Cena" instead of anyone else. The dude still has I would say 5 years on his career yet and he is having better matches than ever before. His status is still the same among every single fan so it's not like giving him the record for the sake of giving him the record. He could genuinely have good matches in the main event. So why not just make him the most decorated superstar of all time as well in terms of statistics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacistHulkHogan View Post
Khalifa tears dude. Tears flowing daddy. Only love. HH
sendpm.gif
Old 12-29-2015, 10:55 AM
I Don't Need No User Title
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Yes he does because WWE wants you to think of him as the greatest wrestler of all time.

He's probably not as good as Hogan or Austin but with Austin's domestic violence history and Hogan's racial comments, I can understand promoting Cena as the best ever.

Regardless if he's the best ever or not, there's no doubt Cena will get his record-breaking 17th World Champion. It's only a matter of when and how.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-29-2015, 10:56 AM
Sells seashells by the seashore
Undisputed WWE Champion

Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...

There's no way to know whether he'll get 20.....but yes, Cena will win the title a 17th time.

Really, the company has probably shown great restraint in not having him as champion on a regular basis for the past couple years. Folks say WWE doesn't listen to the fans, but when the undisputed #1 person in the company isn't holding the title, it's a pretty clear indication that they are.

Fine, so the haters haven't had to suffer spasms of outrage because Cena is holding the world title belt, but to think he's never going to win it again is foolish. Hogan held it a long time because he was #1. Flair did the same in NWA/WCW. Bruno Sammartino did in WWWF. That's the way it works.

Cena will be back on top somewhere along the line, like it or not.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-29-2015, 11:02 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I have felt for years that John Cena is a modern day Bob Backlund. Backlund was that lone top guy during his Era Post-Bruno which later transitioned into the Pro Wrestling boom. Cena has been the sole top guy in the Post-Attitude Era. Just like Backlund when I reflect back on their careers nothing major stands out. I'm not even a Cena hater and admire his dedication to the business.

With the talents down in NXT and the emergence of Rollins and Reigns this year, I feel we are on the brink of another big era in wrestling. Gotta be optimistic, right? The only guy that truly rivaled this guy in popularity is arguably CM Punk although others may say DBry, Batista, ect. Cena never had to fully share his throne with anyone.

With that being said, kudos to his championship reigns. It makes it less appealing when the likes of Edge, Triple H and Randy Orton are right there under him in total reigns. But that's just my two cents.

I do not like hearing his comparison to Flair's. The territories were full of talent and he went against many greats in his day. Sting, Ricky Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, Genichiro Tenryu among others. His success in Mid-Atlantic Wrestling triumphs anything he did in WCW or WWE.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-29-2015, 12:29 PM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

He'll get 17 eventually, and I think that'll be it for him. Honestly, I just hope he does break the record. When are we ever going to get another chance to witness somebody even come close to it? Especially with only one title around again.

I'm all for historic moments and Cena breaking that record will be one of the most historic of the era, for one reason or another. Whether he deserves it or not, I'm not getting into that.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:31 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
ROH Pure Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Cena will reach #17 in the next two years no doubt about it. Then he will win the belt again someday, thus getting #18. Then a stupid storyline will emerge where the title will change hands like a hot potato and Cena will reach #20. I don't see him going over #20, but given the fact that he still has 4-5 years in him to wrestle full time and like 10 years more to wrestle part-time, his main goal should be #20. But I wouldn't be surprised if he finishes his career in 15 years from now, with 10 more World Championship reigns under his belt, although that seems like a big big far stretch.

He definately gets #17, but #20 will be his ceiling.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-29-2015, 12:38 PM

YatesA is looking to come up from OCW...

100%. Only way he doesn't is if WWE becomes less kid friendly and hits the jackpot and finds a few big hitters. He could have 50 title reigns and I'd still be "meh" about him.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-29-2015, 01:00 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Sure. Wait, I thought he was @ 15? WWE wants Cena to be the guy who lost the title or gave it up more than anyone ever. They will make a network special highlighting all those losses.
Old 12-29-2015, 01:11 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Wait....Isn't Cena at 15 World title reigns? He hasn't hit 16 yet, right? If so that would mean Cena would need to win 1 more title reign to tie with Flair. Then lose and win it again to make history.
Cena has at least 5 more years left in his career(most likely way more) and there's no way wwe will be able to keep him away from the main event or getting more World title reigns for that long. If Cena doesn't decide to call it quits and have a lengthy career like Kane and Show, Cena will easily get past 17 and way into the 20s.

When Cena does finally try to go for 17, I hope wwe makes it as historic as possible. Have it at Wrestlemania and have Cena fight Roman Reigns. We either see a passing of the torch or we see Cena make history and become a 17 time World champion. No matter the result we see history made at WM.
sendpm.gif