WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-21-2015, 10:35 PM
Knockout Champion

RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default Is Stephanie Mcmahon's persona getting a little too obnoxious?

1)Well yes, she was always a little too obnoxious, and was supposed to be, as a heel, anyway.

2)The 7-8 slaps she delivered to Roman Reigns last monday on Raw were done so in a set of furious three, a four or five, and a final one, and they were all legitimately hard. Hell, she was so engrossed in portraying her "onscreen/scripted rage" that she almost hit his right eye. Ya'll may recall how Reigns' eye seemed to have been fluttering, almost like a poor little bird's wings.

3)The opening segment from Raw today was not only boring but also pretty much ridiculous and pointless, except that Stephanie Mcmahon acting how she acted when she was 24(in 2000) was neither amusing from the POV of kayfabe, nor suited the businesswoman/power-hungry corporate boss that she is in real-life or on screen. Not to mention how they handled Reigns' part of the script. He should've been either intense from the beginning, or a completely indifferent person who's still reveling in his WWE WHC victory. He smiled, then looked surprised, then smiled again, and awkwardly retreated. And there she was- Come back Roman, come back Roman...meh.

4)We get it that she's supposed to portray this "millionaire bitch" who throws tantrums when someone pisses her off, especially Roman Reigns. But slapping the hell out of a reporter/interviewer like she did in the end of the show was completely ridiculous. A single slap should've sufficed, if it was needed at all. At least before this, I've never seen an interviewer who's not a part of a storyline being slapped/beaten up like that.

5)Finally, even if she wants to be an angry, power-hungry, controlling bitch, isn't the WWE supposed to be PG now, and inspire everyone to "be a star..and not a bully" ? Wasn't that conspicuously a powerful person bullying an employee(even if it's scripted)? It not only destroys that employee's dignity(remember Trish Stratus crawling in the ring?), but makes the viewer feel indignity. To be an on-screen bitch is one thing but to be totally unbecoming while doing so, is another.

6)Personally, I'm totally unsure as to what to make of Stephanie Mcmahon's recent display of anger. One thing's for sure though- it doesn't suit her/them at this point of history when the WWE is supposed to be family-friendly. And it sure doesn't make it very enjoyable/fun/captivating TV. It's 2015. We want excitement and confrontation, not a corporate bully throwing tantrums. The opening segments were so much better when CM Punk and John Laurinaitis were around. At least the latter was inadvertently hilarious while trying to be a bully/tyrant. (Remember the way he smiled and said..My name is John Laurinaitis..? I'm laughing here)

What do you think?

Last edited by RomanfreakinReigns : 12-21-2015 at 10:42 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-21-2015, 10:44 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Honestly Stephanie needed a tad more personality. Whenever she's out there with Triple H I forget her overall importance because he mainly calls all the shots on air. She's more or less back to her Billionaire Princess persona. It is capable of drawing much needed heat in this feud but the opening segment was a little too over the top to me.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-21-2015, 10:50 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

She is losing her shit. In the beginning of the show she tried to maintain her "image" but reverted back to her bratty self when things did not go her way over the course of the show.

It is pretty simple and doesn't need so much analysis. Be A Star and PG have nothing to do with what we saw tonight. I enjoyed it.

If you are looking for flaws in tonight's script I would suggest Paige and Nikki's lovefest and Nikki subsequently nailing a speech that seems better suited for Natalya's character.

Last edited by George Steele's Barber : 12-21-2015 at 10:53 PM.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:06 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Steele's Barber View Post
She is losing her shit. In the beginning of the show she tried to maintain her "image" but reverted back to her bratty self when things did not go her way over the course of the show.

It is pretty simple and doesn't need so much analysis. Be A Star and PG have nothing to do with what we saw tonight. I enjoyed it.

If you are looking for flaws in tonight's script I would suggest Paige and Nikki's lovefest and Nikki subsequently nailing a speech that seems better suited for Natalya's character.
True. I found the punishment for Reigns to be light. I can't see how Usos facing New Day and Ambrose facing Sheamus was so bad. I could see if it was one of the Usos facing New Day by himself or Ambrose facing League of Nations in a cage match by himself with no interference allowed.

As far as the Nikki/Paige storyline, it was weird but they always turn The Bellas a lot.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-21-2015, 11:07 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

DirtyD79 is looking to come up from OCW...DirtyD79 is looking to come up from OCW...DirtyD79 is looking to come up from OCW...DirtyD79 is looking to come up from OCW...DirtyD79 is looking to come up from OCW...DirtyD79 is looking to come up from OCW...

It fits her current character. She's supposed to be a spoiled bitch and throwing temper tantrums is what a spoiled bitch should do when things don't go her way. Fans want to see the heels humiliated and upset. If she acted calm and indifferent to it all it'd kill the angle.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:16 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Wonder why Stephanie didn't at least put the Intercontinental title up on the line? The matches tonight weren't bad, just I figured the title would've been on the line to further stack the odds against Ambrose in the presence of LON at ringside.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-21-2015, 11:35 PM
Knockout Champion

RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
So you're saying she portrayed the "bratty self" character back in 2000/2001, and 15 years later, she has reverted back to it? Okay. That's quite an evolution.

To be precise, she was 24 yrs old in 2000 and her being a whining brat suited her age/social status/persona.

Now she's in her late 30s, a millionaire in real life, and a seasoned actor on a WWE show. I understand her being a controlling bitch, egomaniac, tyrannical and so on. But to simultaneously act like a whining kid like she did in 2000 makes it incongruent. On the one hand, you're a powerful person who supposedly can put Roman Reigns in a WWE WHC match against anybody, or in a 3-on-1 handicap. And yet all you do is "Nooo Roman..Come back Roman...come back Roman.." ? Fabulous.

More importantly, slapping a male interviewer multiple times was a bit too much. That's my opinion.

Quote:
You enjoyed Stephanie Mcmahon slapping an interviewer? Jesus. But to each his own.

It has a lot to do with Be a Star/PG/them being a Public company. If they don't, John Cena might as well go kissing every female interviewer/diva in sight on live TV, and may be they can call Zack Gowens and make Cena bully him like Vince Mcmahon did(in kayfabe, of course). That will be very congruent with John Cena's and WWE's image as a public company that advocates "Be a star, Don't be a Bully" .

At least more people will tune in.

Last edited by RomanfreakinReigns : 12-21-2015 at 11:39 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-21-2015, 11:52 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

If you want to bring bullying on the program how do you justify Usos being attacked by LON at random? Stephanie was 'mad' at the fact her plan backfired and suddenly she's approached for an interview. I'm fully sure the company knows their parameters.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-21-2015, 11:56 PM

swallop is looking to come up from OCW...

After the opening promo on raw... i think we all know the one word to answer this.... YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
Old 12-22-2015, 12:08 AM
Knockout Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J. View Post
If you want to bring bullying on the program how do you justify Usos being attacked by LON at random? .
It's because Stephanie Mcmahon happens to be on the forefront, along with John Cena, in the "Be a Star" campaign. I've seen photos, glimpses or two when they aired that. Of course, it was all to show how the WWE is one charitable and benevolent fucking entity.

The LON is a group of active fucking wrestlers on a wrestling programme. PART OF A STORYLINE too. Wrestling is supposed to involve violence/attacks/etc.

That being said, I understand Stephanie is a bitch only in kayfabe, since she's a part of a storyline where she's the boss and Roman Reigns happens to be just an employee. The whole thread was about- does it mean she should slap the hell out of an interviwer(in kayfabe) ? It reflects not only on the Kayfabe character that is Stephanie Mcmahon but also on her corporate image. INCONGRUENCE. Now I'm not saying that if a particular performer happens to be a nice guy in real life, or an advocate of "be a star don't be a bully program" then he shouldn't be a heel and shouldn't take part in SCRIPTED VIOLENCE. But Stephanie Mcmahon isn't a wrestler, so yes, her slapping the fuck out of an interviewer, even if it's just kayfabe, is taking it too far/incongruent/a reflection.

If you still fail to see the point, here's an analogy.

Imagine Mahatma Gandhi- the advocate of peace, pacifism and nonviolence. Imagine him taking part in a movie/drama/tv show for an extended period of time and portraying either a 1)Hitman/Assassin/Killer, 2)Domestic abuser, 3)A goon who beats up people. That'd really suit him and enhance his otherwise holy image, right?

And worse, imagine if Mahatma Gandhi-the advocate of peace, pacifism and nonviolence, were to beat his wife up occasionally or regularly, in actuality.

I hope you do see my point NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J. View Post
Stephanie was 'mad' at the fact her plan backfired and suddenly she's approached for an interview. I'm fully sure the company knows their parameters.
Yeah and there's no way they could handle that part(the creative, that is) but to have Stephanie Mcmahon almost insanely and absurdly slap an interviewer. They just couldn't instead have her declare that she's booking Reigns in a 3-on-1 handicap match on Smackdown or Raw next week, or put the title on the line in a scramble match, or so on. You're right. The WWE sure know their parameters.

By the way, LOL@Swallop.

Last edited by RomanfreakinReigns : 12-22-2015 at 12:22 AM.
sendpm.gif