WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-08-2015, 06:23 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

mkw1962 is looking to come up from OCW...mkw1962 is looking to come up from OCW...mkw1962 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default HHH, World Heavyweight Champion?

As we know Seth is out injured and quite a few guys are out of action. How about HHH putting himself into the finals of the tournament. When it comes down to the final two wrestlers HHH comes out and says I am making the final a triple threat match. Of course Hunter will have some help, so if he wins that is best for business. What are your thoughts guys can this happen and would it work.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-08-2015, 08:48 PM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I really dont want this to happen.....
Its been too much of heel Triple H.... and the authority angle feels like stretched......
Still my personal opinion is that he shouldnot be the champ especially at this time...
sendpm.gif
Old 11-08-2015, 09:07 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

With the talent they have on the roster putting the title on HHH at this time would be a waste. When a champion is injured it creates an opportunity for others to step up and get a chance they may not have gotten before. While this is horrible for Rollins, it's a golden chance for someone else.

If they use lazy booking and give the belt to Hunter, it's a slap in the face to the whole locker room. It should never happen.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:45 PM
Future Endeavored
WWE Diva's Champion

BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Triple H SHOULD be given the belt with the sole purpose of keeping the belt warm for either when Seth Rollins returns or until he finds a decent enough replacement for him as "The Man" If it's Reigns winning the tournament, but then Triple H comes and sarcastically says that he forgot to mention before that the winner of the tournament has to go through him as well to prove that they deserve the strap. Reigns, completely fatigued and exhausted from having already two or three matches that night, falls victim to the almighty Pedigree and thus he becomes the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. That's not lazy booking. That's starting up a interesting storyline.

Like I said in another thread. I think we can all agree that Reigns will never be the face of the company, (at least not in his current character) but he CAN still be a legitimate main event star, and since Triple H is a GOAT heel when he wants to be, there's no better person for Roman to go over than Triple H. Reigns would be booed against guys like Brock Lesnar, Seth Rollins, and even a heel Dean Ambrose. Hell, he'd even be the least popular guy in a Shield triple threat. But against Triple H, a match they've been wanting to do since last year and have never gotten the chance to yet, I can see him being cheered by the majority on that one. And he might get cheered against Cena as well, but who wants to see Cena win the title again anyway, like I've also said that too.

Last edited by BringThePain834 : 11-08-2015 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:00 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringThePain834 View Post
Triple H SHOULD be given the belt with the sole purpose of keeping the belt warm for either when Seth Rollins returns or until he finds a decent enough replacement for him as "The Man" If it's Reigns winning the tournament, but then Triple H comes and sarcastically says that he forgot to mention before that the winner of the tournament has to go through him as well to prove that they deserve the strap. Reigns, completely fatigued and exhausted from having already two or three matches that night, falls victim to the almighty Pedigree and thus he becomes the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. That's not lazy booking. That's starting up a interesting storyline.

Like I said in another thread. I think we can all agree that Reigns will never be the face of the company, (at least not in his current character) but he CAN still be a legitimate main event star, and since Triple H is a GOAT heel when he wants to be, there's no better person for Roman to go over than Triple H. Reigns would be booed against guys like Brock Lesnar, Seth Rollins, and even a heel Dean Ambrose. Hell, he'd even be the least popular guy in a Shield triple threat. But against Triple H, a match they've been wanting to do since last year and have never gotten the chance to yet, I can see him being cheered by the majority on that one. And he might get cheered against Cena as well, but who wants to see Cena win the title again anyway, like I've also said that too.
While I understand what you're saying here and it sounds good in practice, it's time for the Authority to take a back seat. We've had them for the best part of two years now, and they are really getting stale.

To put HHH in the title hunt is lazy booking. Are you really suggesting he hold the title for the next 9 months? What does that say to the rest of the roster, you're all not good enough. If creative was actually creative they could make a trained chimpanzee champion and make it work. As it is they can't and won't.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:14 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkw1962 View Post
As we know Seth is out injured and quite a few guys are out of action. How about HHH putting himself into the finals of the tournament. When it comes down to the final two wrestlers HHH comes out and says I am making the final a triple threat match. Of course Hunter will have some help, so if he wins that is best for business. What are your thoughts guys can this happen and would it work.
I'm sure HHH is in better shape than Taker and only wrestled one match this year but I could imagine that would be a lot for HHH to do at this point of his career. He's supposedly so involved backstage then to be champ, that may be too much.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-09-2015, 09:08 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

boozinjedi is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadroan View Post
I'm sure HHH is in better shape than Taker and only wrestled one match this year but I could imagine that would be a lot for HHH to do at this point of his career. He's supposedly so involved backstage then to be champ, that may be too much.
True,BUT I also think that he might put himself into the tournament to try and have a hand in what happens
Old 11-09-2015, 09:20 AM
Sells seashells by the seashore
Undisputed WWE Champion

Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadroan View Post
He's supposedly so involved backstage then to be champ, that may be too much.
Yes, that's a compelling point. We shouldn't think his entire job involves coming to the ring in a suit & tie and handing out proclamations. The guy has tons to do with actually handling operations and policy for the company, in addition to fencing daily with his father-in-law in an effort to try and change things for the better. Does he really have time to be world champion?

On the other hand, this would be considered a stopgap measure, something to carry the company through the next few months until it's top attractions can get back to action. If there is anyone in pro wrestling......both inside & outside WWE.....who could command the proper respect and bring off a brief championship reign better than Paul Levesque, I can't imagine who it would be. He's a masterful worker in the ring, he's recently lost weight and would look great in battle..........and after all, he's Triple H.

The cream of the roster is currently out of action. A top star is needed to bridge the gap......and he's already here.

I can see Trips doing this.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-09-2015, 09:31 AM
ROH Pure Champion

laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lady View Post
To put HHH in the title hunt is lazy booking.
There is nothing lazier than turning either Ambrose or Reigns heel to win, though. HHH winning might be lazy, but it's tremendously better than a 2 week heel turn to literally transcribe the events of the tournament to the fans.

I wouldn't hate HHH winning, btw, but only until TLC, and then have Sheamus cash it in.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-09-2015, 10:53 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I wonder if HHH owns a shovel big enough to bury THE ENTIRE WWE at once.

No really, HHH having the World Title would seriously cheapen every single superstar in that tournament, or any superstar with even a sliver of a chance of seeing the World title belt.

You're so much better off either Giving one of the upper-midcarders a title run to see what they're made of, or going with a veteran that can handle a couple month program to drop the title to a returning Seth or Cena, Kane, Big Show, or I think the best case scenario is having Daniel Bryan randomly enter if he's healthy. Looking through the roster though... There's not many good options, but I'd rather see Sasha Banks win the WWE title than HHH.

Now, HHH tossing himself into the tournament and getting foiled? Yes, that could lead to some compelling story (Someone like Kane interfering and costing HHH, while also allowing a real wrestler to win, sets up HHH vs Kane shenanigans until Rumble)
sendpm.gif