WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-09-2015, 04:53 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman6686 View Post
Completely irrelevant. They wasted The Streak on a part-timer who wrestles barely more than Undertaker does and whose prime was 12 years ago. Undertaker has spent the latter half of this year being effortlessly slapped around by Brock Lesnar. With Undertaker's entire career invalidated and flushed down the toilet to stroke Brock Lesnar's ego, there's absolutely no point to him having more matches. He should not be seen or heard from again until he's inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, hopefully by then some of the shit heaped on Undertaker will have washed off.
Is there anything you do besides complain and whine about how 1 match in a 25-year career in some weird way changed the entire career of the Undertaker?

Are you in love with the guy or something? Is he your father or are you just one of those creeps with 28 posters of him all over your room sleeping with a doll of his?

They had the guy lose 1 match and you're the only person on these entire boards who thinks that 1 loss somehow makes his entire career a joke.

Get a grip, man.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-09-2015, 04:58 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...

Anyways, as for my personal opinion... on the surface I am not overly excited by this... would have to take some great build up to make it "meaningful" and not just a legend vs. legend card-filler type of match...

I also don't see any way Taker loses if it becomes clear it's his last match ever, mainly because Cena has no problem laying down and taking a "L" and I feel like he would almost request it here so Undertaker goes out with a WrestleMania win.

With all that said, barring a surprise return of a superstar, what other options are really there for Undertaker? Lesnar clearly isn't happening again. He's not in the title picture, so whomever they slap the belt on Sunday is a no go. Rollins may not even be able to wrestle, so that's a no go. Wyatt rematch isn't happening. I don't think they want to do Sting simply because pitting 2 old guys one on one could lead to a pretty poor showing, especially when they both have had serious injury issues somewhat recently.

So, who is left that would make for a good match? Kane? Big Show?
sendpm.gif
Old 11-09-2015, 07:12 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I think Sting vs The Undertaker will be much better than John Cena vs The Undertaker....
Although i have lost all interest in The Undertaker after his feud with Brock Lesnar; Yet either of the two matches would do it for me!
sendpm.gif
Old 11-09-2015, 07:50 AM

aaronmb is looking to come up from OCW...

I dont see why they couldnt just make it a Cena vs Taker vs Sting, loser retires.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-09-2015, 08:02 AM
R.I.P Mustang Sally :( :( :(
WWE European Champion

L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...

Had the Streak still been in existence, then I'd say this match at Mania 32 would have been of great interest to Hardcore and Casual fans alike all around the world. However, with the Streak gone, I can guess that this match would probably be a Retirement-type match and whilst still huge in itself, I have to opine that WWE 'left money on the table' with this one.

Thus, IF the Undertaker vs Sting is still possible, even though that also has the "What If?" tag on it, I feel it would be a great way to still get eyes on it moreso that Taker vs Cena at this point.

meh, imagine, Brock vs Rock, Taker vs Cena with the Streak, SHIELD 3-Way for the WWE WHC being the 3 Main bouts of Mania 32. That would have been EPIC!
Old 11-09-2015, 08:03 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

It makes more sense now than when The Streak was still alive. Cena's character is not one that craves breaking The Streak of a 40 something year old man whose best days are clearly behind him. With The Streak gone now it seems more appropriate for this "legendary" battle. All I ask is that WWE puts some story behind it and not just a bunch of staredowns, absences, respect speeches, and vingettes. There is no reason that these guys can't hate each other and want to kill each other. Play some mind games and take some cheap shots.

I don't know what to think of this rumor or the Mania card in general. Tickets went on sale and we still don't have a sniff of what the draw will be. I would have thought that Vince would have revealed soemthing big by now so that when tickets went on sale casuals would have been all over it. Right now the biggest draw to the event is the size of the venue.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:46 AM
Sells seashells by the seashore
Undisputed WWE Champion

Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...

Whether for good or for bad, I can agree with those who feel anything Undertaker now does is compromised because the Streak is a thing of the past. So, who in the world could he face that would make us care, now that guys like Brock Lesnar and Triple H have been done & dusted?

Two choices: Sting, just for the spectacle and nostalgia. Despite their respective ages, I think the two could put on a hell of a match. At any rate, it would sell simply because of who they are and the fact they haven't fought before (at least in WWE). Plus, if it doesn't happen soon, it never will.

Choice #2 is John Cena.....but an evil as sin John Cena. He'd be so friggin' dastardly that even the Cena-haters would have a hard time cutting him down.....although their presumed reason for hating him is that his character never changes......which would no longer apply.

Make Undertaker-Cena a retirement match (and have it stick). Make it brutal, a match in which we truly believe 'Taker might pull out the win, despite the unlikelihood. Have Cena retire the old man and start a reign of terror that lasts all of 2016.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-09-2015, 12:04 PM
Better than I think I am
WWE Women's Champion

Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...

If either of them goes into the match as a heel, that would be an asinine idea. The money draw for this match purely depends upon the storyline. For some matches, for instance, Brock vs Taker or Brock vs Cena that had happened in the past didn't need big buildup to draw Money or the crowd but in this case, contrary to that, even when two big names are colliding in the biggest event, the storyline should be strong.

Cheers!!

Credits: Dave
sendpm.gif
Old 11-09-2015, 01:46 PM
WCW TV Champion

Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERPER View Post
Is there anything you do besides complain and whine about how 1 match in a 25-year career in some weird way changed the entire career of the Undertaker?

Are you in love with the guy or something? Is he your father or are you just one of those creeps with 28 posters of him all over your room sleeping with a doll of his?

They had the guy lose 1 match and you're the only person on these entire boards who thinks that 1 loss somehow makes his entire career a joke.

Get a grip, man.
No, they had Undertaker lose EVERY match with Brock Lesnar, you fucking idiot. And don't give me that "He won at SummerSlam" bullshit. He LOST. The ending of SummerSlam made Undertaker look even more pathetic and Lesnar look even more invincible.
Old 11-09-2015, 03:19 PM
.you.lose.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I don't care.

It pains me a little to say that, but with the streak over, it really doesn't matter who the Undertaker faces, unless it is someone like Sting in a WWE legend vs WCW legend deal.

Taker vs Cena? Sure. Go for it. Have Taker win. Does it hurt Cena? Nope. Have Cena win. Does it hurt Taker? Nope. I'd care a bit more if they make it a retirement match for Taker, at least that way I can be emotionally invested to see a legendary career come to an end. Any other way, I don't see Taker losing again, but it wouldn't really matter if he did.

I do see the appeal for the match though, and can't fault anyone for wanting to see it happen. These are two made men who have been huge figures in the company for a combined 30+ years. If they want to go out there and put on a show, who is gonna tell them no?
sendpm.gif