WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-29-2010, 04:18 PM

Djm is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to Djm Send a message via Yahoo to Djm Send a message via Skype™ to Djm

The more I read all over the Internet, the more I see that it really is no use for TNA.

They're either the WWE wannabe with washed up stars that no one wants to see, because they're not in WWE anymore, because WWE is all that matters.

Or they're the company that is just filled with a bunch of flippy no-names that don't draw, so BOOOOO for not drawing! And WWE is all that matters.

TNA is not EVER going to be become a big national entity, or a mainstream entity. It's just never going to happen. WWE has had nearly a decade to train and reprogram casual fans and the mainstream media, and....it's worked.

The best thing TNA can do is maintain their current audience, because they're not going to get anymore. The remaining people that aren't watching WON'T watch them.

They need to focus on keeping their 1.1 happy.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-29-2010, 07:11 PM
Sally Section
Mr. Money in the Bank

Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djm View Post
TThe best thing TNA can do is maintain their current audience, because they're not going to get anymore. The remaining people that aren't watching WON'T watch them.

They need to focus on keeping their 1.1 happy.
TNA can still do better than the 1.1-1.2 they've been hitting lately. The problem isn't their talent, their problem is that they aren't delivering anything fans want to see. TNA keeps hot shotting big events, but there's no gradual payoff. Hey, suddenly, Hulk Hogan's hear! Hey, guess what- RVD's here, but we'll have him be the second man to Hogan! I know- it's time for an ECW reunion! That's a surefire way to build interest over the long term in our product!

TNA isn't giving fans a reason to get invested in their product. This EV2.0 thing will not last. Fortune is at best a Four Horsemen ripoff, and at worst a career massacre of four guys who should be working matches against each other, instead of eventually going over some soberingly old looking bingo hall wrestlers from the 90's. Do I give a shit if AJ Styles goes over Tommy Dreamer? I'm still wondering what they were doing in the ring together.

There's no build for the next few months. They just write poorly; none of their writers seem to ask "how does this storyline set up my writing in three and six months?" It's just a series of sudden events, with Dixie Carter going to Twitter time and time again to promise us there's something big just around the corner if we'd just keep watching.

If TNA wants to turn a 1.5 next month, well, maybe they could give Macho Man enough money to convince him to stagger back into the limelight. Otherwise, they aren't getting it. But they could have a 1.5 in December if they'd just plan for it now.
sendpm.gif