WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > Wrestlezolympics '10
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Vladimir Kozlov vs Samoa Joe, Submission Match
Vladimir Kozlov 7 14.58%
Samoa Joe 41 85.42%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2010, 01:13 AM
Reaper of Miracles
WCW Champion

Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

Everyone rants and raves about how great is Samoa Joe, and i'll admit, considering his size and stamina potenial, he's great. However, I look at Koslov the same way. Considering his extensive MMA and sambo backgrounds, it can be assumed that the man has to endure a strict training regiment in order to keep his stamina levels at World Class standards.

I've seen quite a few sambo matches, and even the heavyweights can go for quite a while.

Koslov still has a young career in pro wrestling, and his character is still slowly evolving. With that evolution, more and more of his ring work and abilities become apparent. None of us fans really know the extent of Koslov's abilites, but it can be assumed that his successful martist background would enable him to spar evenly with Joe. And, if Koslov could match Joe hold for hold, power for power, move for move, it's plausible that Koslov could defeat Joe as well.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-02-2010, 04:27 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...LigerBomb is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I know the sambo discipline rather well, and have seen their training repertoire. Therefore I'll make the inference that Kozlov not only knows how to preform submissions but likely also spent time tied up in various submissions to stretch/strengthen the joints so as to condition himself to withstand the attacks. I fully believe that he was told by his match agents to wrestle a certain way and play up his size and power rather than his technical ability. That said I'm not much of a fan of his; I suppose this is a kayfabe tourney? I'll throw the vote to the Russian, so as to not have the outcome be so lopsided...
sendpm.gif
Old 02-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Nome is where your heart is
ROH Pure Champion

INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...INDYjon22 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via AIM to INDYjon22

Is this a joke? Samoa Joe wins this match without even breaking a sweat. I can not for the life of me remember Kovloz ever using a submission, even a sleeper. The man is completely one dimensional and regardless of how strong he is he posses no submission skills to my knowledge.

Samoa Joe on the other hand has proven time and time again that not only is he a very good brawler but that he can do submissions with the best of them, well it least the upper midcard best of them. He would just beat the hell out of Kozlov's legs, set him up for a muscle buster and then lock in the rear naked choke.

This match goes no longer then 7 minutes with your winner being Samoa Joe.