WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > WrestleZone Championship Wrestling > WZCW.com
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-12-2016, 05:46 AM
WZCW Head of Creative
WCW Champion

GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

I had to miss it last week because my kid was sick. She's only six months and I'm a new parent. The other thing was that nothing notable had really happened in the Fed in that week. I probably should have dropped in and let everyone know but I was barely around last week to be honest. As Milenko said, I had more pressing matters to deal with.

That said, I'll have one done tonight for sure. So, if anyone has any questions or thoughts that they want me to answer or address, post them here or put them in a PM and I shall have an answer for you this fine evening with a bit of luck.

Reinstate The Fox!

Last edited by GET THESE HANDS! : 09-12-2016 at 05:49 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:07 AM
36th WZCW World Heavyweight Champ
Mr. Money in the Bank

Just FalKonika is a United States Champion...Just FalKonika is a United States Champion...Just FalKonika is a United States Champion...Just FalKonika is a United States Champion...Just FalKonika is a United States Champion...Just FalKonika is a United States Champion...Just FalKonika is a United States Champion...Just FalKonika is a United States Champion...Just FalKonika is a United States Champion...Just FalKonika is a United States Champion...Just FalKonika is a United States Champion...

No need for explanation, mate. Just people getting antzy due to a lack of shows being posted. Oh, and we're wrasslin' fans on an internet forum roleplaying as fake characters for a fake sports company, so tensions will naturally be high, y'know?

Speaking of being high, how much drug did you guys consume to allow that horrible stain on the fed Prophet onto the creative team? Did you eat 1 drug? Was it 2 drug? 4 drug!

Lol, don't answer that. I know he bribed you.

As for non-serious questions, how has adjusting to the three new creative members been? Also, do you feel the perspective of the entire creative team has changed (or started to changed) with these three people who have been among the regular members for many years, especially considering you brought on guys who have been vocal in the past against the creative team?
Old 09-12-2016, 07:57 AM
Better than I think I am
WWE Women's Champion

Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo Emore View Post
Someone like you?
Seriously, thinking about that. I've a couple of days off so I might do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave's Gone SAWFT View Post
As Milenko said, I had more pressing matters to deal with.
Real life matters more, mate. I'll lend you some help from my side as well. After both the shows are aired I'll make a podcast on my own.

On second thoughts, I'll do a podcast tonight. Dave will answer the questions raised by the fed members and I'll talk about the match card and possible outcome of the upcoming shows. Spending 20 odd minutes isn't gonna hurt, is it?

Credits: Dave

Last edited by Prince Vee : 09-12-2016 at 08:11 AM.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:53 AM
Shoot me in the Face!!!
WWE European Champion

Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Face McShooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank N Stein View Post
I think it was mentioned by Dave on the podcast (or someone somewhere) but a Deuce's Wild Tag Tournament once or twice a year with the winner getting a tag title shot may fix that. The winners have a chance of winning the titles which means they stay together but maybe other participants stay together as well.
what do you think of this idea? maybe to replace All-Stars as a once a year thing but have it be canon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank N Stein View Post
which rookie do you see having the most potential?

and for sake of a definition we'll go with Rookie being a character in the fed less than a year.
there are a few of us left right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBigWill View Post
I wish nature called when you were conceived.
Old 09-12-2016, 04:57 PM
WZCW Head of Creative
WCW Champion

GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...GET THESE HANDS! is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

So here it is, ladies and gentlemen, Episode 3. As I point out during the podcast, I had to do this twice. This week I talk about The Hollow Ones, the trials and tribulations in the Discussion Thread, behind the curtain things and what to look forward to over the next few rounds.

Enjoy, guys and gals. And as always, I welcome your thoughts and feedback.

Reinstate The Fox!
Old 09-12-2016, 05:48 PM
Humming The Bassline
WCW TV Champion

Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...Ty Burna is an ECW Champion...

1. Glad to hear your daughter is feeling better bud. I've been there and I know how the lack of sleep goes.

2. I didn't even notice the new format until now, I like it, even if it's just way to boost post count .

3. Gimmicky vs. real life characters. I've swung both ways (giggity), and I've had success with both, but it seems like there's a limit set once again how far down the rabbit hole you can go with a gimmicky character. Doc and J kicked the door down but it seems like it got put back up and more focus on the basic elements of RP's of talking last week, next week, and maybe character development. If you want to foster that more deeper elements of gimmicks, you need to allow that to develop and appreciate the writing quality even if it veers wide the fuck left from what a normal wrestling promo would be.

4. Lee was an excellent choice to add back on. Prophet put in good work the first go around, so I hope he continues with that as he's really improved as a writer. Dagger is very passionate as you say, and he will grow into the role nicely.

5. I'm very saddened at the let down of All Stars I won't lie. With it being my idea as a break for Creative and a chance to show who could be someone to run the the entire show at some point, as well as a way to bring in fresh characters like Saboteur and S.H.I.T., I think it got swung way out away from that initial idea. The first All Stars brought long lasting stars in the regular universe if you will, and it devolved to getting one shot characters that would not translate across. That's fine to have some, but it could have been utilized better and marketed as a entry to trying WZCW out without the commitment, and then maybe hook a few new people with the characters they came up with.

6. As for a replacement, I dunno what to do. I feel like that break was nice for everyone, but when we had it initially we were cranking out shows on a super consistent regular basis, whereas this year we had such a long delay between RP's being done and Unscripted being posted up, along with rounds having consistent delay issues, so the break probably didn't feel as nice. I feel like getting the schedule back to a very consistent level would be far more important than worrying about a break in the schedule first and foremost. If we can get back to that and keep it going, then perhaps an All Stars replacement could be made.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:51 PM
Shoot me in the Face!!!
WWE European Champion

Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...Face McShooty is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Face McShooty

2nd best rookie? that was a surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBigWill View Post
I wish nature called when you were conceived.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:16 PM
Great and Devious
X-Division Champion

The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...The Doctor is an Intercontinental Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to The Doctor

The reason Saxton and Saboteur worked, in my eyes, is because as absurd as JGlass and I got we never stopped writing our characters as people. I think that's something that was lost on a few people, but to me Saxton's RPs are all things you see on-camera, exaggerated tall tales he tells to his friends, straight-to-DVD movies, and goofy vignettes. At the end of the day the Saxton character is just an athletic actor who translated over to wrestling and has an exaggerated personality, and Saboteur is a guy with a screw loose who runs around in his underwear, and the two character were the best of friends in and out of the ring. I think some of our best RPs were the ones where the duo "broke character" so to speak, though I have soft spots for things like the Star Wars parody, the Toy Story RP, and anything involving the spoon feud.

There's an art to writing a character that is "gimmicky", and I think that's an art that very few people truly get. Miko got it. Barbosa got it. You could argue for Ty Burna falling under that umbrella. But more than that, there's an art to comedy which is something I like to believe I had with Saxton, especially as I learned and grew as a writer. He has a pretty consistent rogues' gallery and cast of characters in his life and his goals are pretty consistent as well.

This ties into All Stars for me. Too many people write or try to write absolutely absurd characters, and while that's good for a few, a whole card of that becomes really try-hard. All Stars for a while was a really fun way to test new characters and get new people in the fed - SHIT, Saboteur, M, to name a few. I used to tell people on my other fed site to give it a shot since it was a low barrier of entry where people could do whatever they want, and I always signed up one of my many other characters to it. Dance Party 95 may be a purely comedic tag team, but they're characters I could easily see as fantastic tag team jobbers in WZCW (or even champions if they get over enough - it worked for another fed they were in). Erin Toyota may have been a robot girl, but she's a character I hold very close to my heart as I created her to explore and understand some concepts and self-reflection I was struggling with at the time, concepts I felt most easily expressed through the eyes of something almost-human. Erik, my original All Stars character, was another one that was an experiment and while I haven't really used him anywhere else to a great degree, it was still refreshing and fun to do something out-of-the-ordinary.

There's an old saying - "keep your head in the clouds and your feet on the ground". It's a cliche, but it applies to character creation in my eyes. I start with a broad, colorful idea and gimmick and then find out what makes a character human. For Saxton, it was that he is fiercely loyal to his friends and everything he works for is for his mentors who raised him and his friend Marceline. Yes, things in his life had silly names, but if you peel all that back you find a B-movie action star making it in wrestling and trying to make ends meet.

I hope that All Stars doesn't go away. If anything, maybe something of a one-off show for people to display new characters and experiment that is based more in reality could be the way to go, but I also stand by my point in the discussion thread that people are often too tethered by what they see as "real" that they forget that the fictional medium can be used to tell wondrous stories in many, many different ways.

Shoutouts to Spidey. Batti and Ramparte were the most compelling reads in WZCW for me for a long while because he nailed it.

I really appreciate the LeBelle comments. He's not even my character but I'm in the same boat in that TBK has been a joy to work with and I like to believe he's going places. Your matches have been brilliant, the Stormrage one had me actually clapping and cheering at how clever it was.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:51 PM
Better than I think I am
WWE Women's Champion

Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...

I like how you're responding to what's going on the discussion thread and on review and you see that's the reason why I like this podcast very much. And yeah I can be a dick at times but I didn't want to point out a character and bash it. Xaitlyn just fell under that. Anyhow that's my opinion though. Like I always say, it's a one side perspective.

Glad that your daughter is better now and thanks for spending some time to do this quick news. Cheers.

Oh yeah Backlash wasn't terrible, honestly. The 6 pack challenge was solid despite some of the botches Naomi made. You should appreciate how Miz out on an excellent match with Ziggler. To be honest, it's the best match Miz had put up against anyone. I agree with you on the Bray Wyatt situation though. It's dreadful and obviously unacceptable.

Credits: Dave

Last edited by Prince Vee : 09-12-2016 at 10:54 PM.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:18 AM
36th WZCW World Heavyweight Champ
Mr. Money in the Bank

Just FalKonika is a United States Champion...Just FalKonika is a United States Champion...Just FalKonika is a United States Champion...Just FalKonika is a United States Champion...Just FalKonika is a United States Champion...Just FalKonika is a United States Champion...Just FalKonika is a United States Champion...Just FalKonika is a United States Champion...Just FalKonika is a United States Champion...Just FalKonika is a United States Champion...Just FalKonika is a United States Champion...

I don't agree with your assessment on Backlash, Dave: it was a great filler PPV. The booking was excellent throughout the entire show, the matches were well-done, and everyone came off looking strong, or have reason/direction/motive for future shows and programs.

For example, Wyatt losing to Kane. Sure, Wyatt suffers ANOTHER loss on PPV, against Kane of all people, but you have to look at the scenario. Wyatt destroyed Orton backstage, and won this match by count-out because Orton couldn't compete. He then did a second match, where it was no holds barred, and he took 3 finishers to be put down, including one from an interfering Randy Orton, essentially making it a handicap situation. Wyatt was protected in the finish, Orton/Wyatt will continue because Orton wants to avenge the count-out loss/injury whilst Wyatt wants to target Orton for causing him to lose to Kane (a match he was about to win), and Kane has positive momentum going forward to put over another talent on the roster, like Baron Corbin or Apollo Crews, both of whom desperately need momentum (Kane, a veteran, accomplishes this purpose).

Most people are stuck in the "Bray desperately needs credibility" mindset, thanks to the losses he suffered from the booking pre-draft, and I get that, but you really have to step away from viewing the product as a mark, and view it like a story. We all get excited and caught up in wrestling sometimes, but step back, and appreciate the storytelling here.

Last edited by Just FalKonika : 09-13-2016 at 12:21 AM.