WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Do you tell your friends / family your gonna be on TV?
Yes 13 81.25%
No 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2013, 09:54 PM
Sausage Farmers

JUSTINMFNBEEMER is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via ICQ to JUSTINMFNBEEMER Send a message via MSN to JUSTINMFNBEEMER

ok im not trying to shit on your post, but god am i sick of people saying "oh so and so might be part of the sheild."

like really, its a great three man team, if somebody else is added to it, i see it losing its luster.

but thats my opinion, and opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:48 PM
Earth Born, HellBound
WWE Diva's Champion

HellBoundPower is looking to come up from OCW...HellBoundPower is looking to come up from OCW...HellBoundPower is looking to come up from OCW...HellBoundPower is looking to come up from OCW...

I really hope not. The Shield cost Ryback the WWE Title on more than one occasion, so it wouldn't make much sense to have him join them. His new persona seems that of a man obsessed with winning the WWE Title, and hurting anyone that gets in his way. Seeing as how The Shield have gotten in his way, I just can't see him logically forgiving and forgetting that. I just wouldn't make any sense. But I've come to the realization that creative doesn't really care about making sense, so it honestly might happen. It's just the kind of asinine thing that wrestling creative teams are known for. If Vince Russo was apart of the WWE, I'm 100% sure this would be the case. I'm just hoping WWE has more sense than that, because Ryback joining up with The Shield would be an insult to the fans' intelligence.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:49 PM
Totally Reeking of Awesomeness
X-Division Champion

HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I also think adding more members to The Shield would water the group down, but I could see something like this. The Shield has been a thorn in Ryback side since they cost him the title against CM Punk. I could see him coming to some kind of agreement with them that if he stays out of their business they will leave him alone. Then again with how unpredictable The Shield has been i could see them costing Ryback his match against Cena at Extreme Rules. Honestly I have my doubts that he will join the group, but stranger things have happened.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-30-2013, 10:57 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...

They could have The Shield be hired guns for Ryback like they were for Paul Heyman a few months back. They could interfere at Extreme Rules and help Ryback win the match. I think you can have Ryback be associated with The Shied with out him becoming a full fledged member. It also could help get some heat and get over as a heel.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-30-2013, 11:29 PM

Jimmy Carter is looking to come up from OCW...Jimmy Carter is looking to come up from OCW...Jimmy Carter is looking to come up from OCW...

Yeah, I could see that happening to solidify Ryback's turn. It would help him appear like less of a whiner complaining of Cena's success. Imagine if Ryback were to win the belt and come out to the ring the next night with the The Shield at his side, talking about how he has finally learned to embrace "justice" and have its faithful enforcers assist him in restoring order. Add the tag titles to the group and perhaps even an IC title for Ambrose, and you essentially have a walking Triple Crown stable. With Ryback already a powerhouse, think of the crowd reaction if he were to have The Shield assisting his victories. Of course this also presents potential for any member to turn on Ryback and that results in the inevitable dissolution of the group and several fresh feuds.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-10-2013, 08:07 PM

RKO920 is looking to come up from OCW...RKO920 is looking to come up from OCW...

Ryback is starting to really fit the Goldberg mold now with his leather jacket and the beanie, just like Goldberg wore during his run in the WWE. Bad move on the part of the creative staff especially if they wanted to try to differentiate between the two.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Deploy the cow-catcher......
WWE Champion

Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...

I would actually welcome the idea of Ryback working with/joining The Shield. The Shield is white-hot, and Ryback could desperately use the momentum and a boost, because WWE is seemingly trying to destroy all the momentum and hype Ryback had before the feud with Punk began.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:23 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

scottyshowman82 is looking to come up from OCW...scottyshowman82 is looking to come up from OCW...scottyshowman82 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Are Wrestling Critics being too hard on Ryback?

Are wrestling critics being too hard on Ryback or is he getting exactly what he deserves? Some wrestling critics are going as far as saying flat out that "Ryback sucks." Others saying he should never talk and should have a mouthpiece as people have mentioned on this board. I for one don't think they should have made him heel, but since that's the cards that were dealt WWE should really give him a chance to embrace this "thuglish looking, angry, Ryback Rules" character.

What I think really sucks is what everyone remembers about the Extreme Rules match is the bad finish. I remember watching that and saying to myself, "this is a great match", Ryback was really out there with something to prove. It reminded me of when Cena had his first big grudge match, The 1 Quit match against JBL and how Cena took punishment and bled and earned a lot of respect from the locker room that night. I felt Ryback did that at Extreme Rules but the finish took away from that.

Now people are saying, Ryback and Cena at Payback that's not going to be the best technical war ever. C'mon now, they're not technical guys. They are both big, hulking brutes that will amaze us with power moves and pro wrestling "toughness." You add the stipulations, like a tables match and an ambulance match (which is pretty much an anything goes fight with an ambulance at the end) and these two are in their element. Cena still gets a bad wrap for being a bad worker but hasn't the guy proven he can work with the likes of HBK, CM Punk, HHH and still have a great match. One might say those three men carried him but I don't think you're giving Cena enough credit didn't he have great matches with another hulking brute at the time the late Umaga also the aforementioned JBL who isn't a technical wrestler either. For the Cena haters, take away your bias and look at it realistically, he can use what he has to pace and match and make it watchable and exciting as he's done in the past. Cena is quite underrated when it comes to what he does to help make a match a great one.

As for Ryback I don't think Ryback sucks. This massive man has shown he has many layers to him. He can be funny and light hearted as he was when he debuted on NXTas Skip Sheffield. It wasn't until he got nasty however as the enforcer as the Nexus that people took notice and people were counting down and anticipating when he came back. And now he's here and people so quick to crap on him. I'd admit I didn't appreciate his promo this past Raw on being Satan. It doesn't look to well for Mr. "Feed Me More" at the moment but I think he will win a lot of people over after his performance at Payback.

I'm not ready to put in a fork in him just yet, Ryback still has a lot to offer.