WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-11-2012, 12:02 AM

nwh is looking to come up from OCW...

I think this was an experiment that they are trying with Jericho (something different and if nothing else this is different) and so far I'm not seeing the impactful hook that will get the non-hardcore to watch, come back for more, or even more importantly just plain give a damn. As much as I don't like the Kane/Cena/Ryder angle they are creating an interesting (not to me but to most fans it seems) storyline with a cliffhanger each week and they're using it front and center at the top and bottom of the show (unlike Jericho which seems to be stuck right now booked at around the middle of hour two).

I know they think this is so very clever and cerebral (and no doubt it is an unorthodox method of turning cheers into boos) but honestly I think it's too "smart" for its own good. They're tried it for two weeks and haven't seen a surge in viewers. They've actually seen a decline. I just wonder how long they plan on keeping it up. Like I said in a previous post they finally noticed Cole was a detriment to the show and over the last few weeks have continually toned him back into a tolerable and even enjoyable color commentator again. But that was months later than it should have happened. How long will they stick with the silent Jericho in the face of an apathetic reaction from the non-hardcore?
sendpm.gif
Old 01-11-2012, 03:29 AM

SPR*VLN is looking to come up from OCW...

Another week and another okay promo. The suspense is building and I'm just hoping WWE will deliver on this angle. I'm expecting something clever. Wouldn't be shocked if he does these promos til the rumble.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-11-2012, 04:06 AM

Roskell is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotlycrue View Post
My thoughts on Chris Jericho's gimmick and story arc

ItBegins: The start of the promos

Second2012: He returns

LookWithin: Jericho Breaks Down

Control: Y2J controls his tears

ProphetLess: Attacks punk at rumble

ThEndBegins: ''She'' is Revealed

what do you think?

Edit: It also looked like this week when he was "tearing up" he mouthed "I'm sorry". Perhaps because he can't save us this time? We're too far gone?
I was starting to think the same, of a link to the words in the promo's and his actions. If he shows some sort of "Control" next week then it might be right. There is still two RAW's before RR, so that would be 'Control' & 'Prophetless', leaving 'The End Begins' for RR maybe?

Just an attempt to make sense of it all...
sendpm.gif