WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who will Lesnar face at Mania
Rock 5 11.90%
HHH 20 47.62%
CM Punk 2 4.76%
Orton 5 11.90%
Undertaker 9 21.43%
Cena 0 0%
Other 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2011, 02:20 AM

American Steamboat is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbootydaddyV View Post
my guess is it'll end up being HHH again and to step it up they'll do hell in a cell... that would actually be pretty cool and Taker needs a new HIAC at Mania to help get rid of the one at WM15 which a lot of ppl hated (though i liked it).
This would be the only way that I would want to see Triple H/Undertaker III but I still don't like the idea of Triple H getting a third crack at the streak.

There are a lot of great ideas in this thread-I find Underworld's idea about Undertaker vs Mankind particularly intriguing. I wouldn't want it to be a HIAC match but some sort of stipulation would probably be needed. Frankly, I wouldn't mind seeing Undertaker face Brock Lesnar, Mick Foley, Steve Austin, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Sting, Kurt Angle...plenty of great choices, hopefully WWE will make a good one.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-05-2011, 02:32 AM

matt_hud is looking to come up from OCW...matt_hud is looking to come up from OCW...matt_hud is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via Yahoo to matt_hud

I had actually thought about this last night... I have decided the best Wrestlemania match for The Undertaker is The Miz... That match is also the perfect way to elevate Miz to the moon and make him the bonofide future of the company they are trying to do...

The Miz talks about ending the streak and does some crazy stuff which eventually gets him his match with Taker.... Mind you Miz is a full blown heel like he is now, however it is obvious the wrestling public is already dying for him to go face

They wrestle a good 30 minute match where Miz actually ends the streak... After the Miz wins he is so impressed with how hard it was to beat the Deadman he actually comes out on Raw the next night calling out Taker... He then proceeds to show humbleness and ultimate respect to Taker which Taker returns...

This in turn will give Miz the ultimate rub from The Undertaker and also the ultimate push as the new top man in the company, it also elevates him to Cena, Rock, HHH, & Austin status, and it turns him into a solid face... Which the wrestling comunity is already dying for anyway...

Last edited by matt_hud : 04-05-2011 at 02:44 AM. Reason: fixing spelling and adding a bit
sendpm.gif
Old 04-05-2011, 02:36 AM

kingjaekob is a member of the JOB SQUAD

Victim #20 should be Big, Like GOLDBERG, STING, or Brock Lesnar! GOLDBERG vs Taker is my pick, I wish it was STING vs Taker, But STING lost my respect, he is an idiot, doesnt care about his fans, piece of trash, he is not in the League of The Rock, Taker, HHH, Hogan, Austin, HBK, Ric Flair and many other great ones
sendpm.gif
Old 04-05-2011, 02:42 AM

ejc8710 is looking to come up from OCW...

well to be honest I keep telling my self brock maby maby will end the streak cause i can see it happing like this taker wins another one next year making him 20-0 then they have wm 29 in dallas n thats where they induct taker into the hall they have wm in dallas WWE finally breaks the 93thousand record but this is where the streak comes to an end with brock ending it cause that match whould sell alot of tickets but but is brock worthy enough to end the streak??
sendpm.gif
Old 04-05-2011, 02:47 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

It's going to be triple H, they're building the exact same story as HBK Taker for 2 years, and it's going to be another "kick out of 12 finishers" match that makes people think its match of the year quality.

HHH is already making references towards another shot, and I could see him doing the Career vs Streak same situation as HBK.

Although I would love to see someone who's running mid card like Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, Barret, Morrison, Ziggler, etc.... end it, I'm pretty certain that Undertaker is going to end up 20-0 and retire, he already looked like he was spent, and that match wasn't really overly intense compared to previous years.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-05-2011, 02:48 AM
HaRDcOrE ChAMpiOn
Knockout Champion

DeathClutch is looking to come up from OCW...DeathClutch is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwinulose View Post
after tonight's raw, i think that triple hhh and stone cold may team up against the undertaker either in a handicap match, or in a 2 on 2 match. triple hhh for sure cause he said he would be waiting when undertaer returns, and stone cold's comment to triple hhh in that lil backscene segment, leaves some copnspiracy open there, so who knows what will happen, at least if it was a handicao match with triple hhh and stone cold, stone cold would be a new victum.
They've already done that match at a UK PPV ironically 10 years ago come May.

Personally I see HHH and Undertaker rematching at Summerslam (or Hell in a cell.. in HIAC) Takers match HHH's specialty.. but as far as Undertaker goes for him to go 20-0 I see it being Kane, for 17 matches Kane was the ONLY wrestler Undertaker ever rematched at Mania so I could easily see Undertaker and Kane going at it for the trilogy as Undertaker has stated before that he'd love to face Kane at WrestleMania once more.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-05-2011, 02:48 AM
Renegade at Heart

Gansher is looking to come up from OCW...

I have no idea who it could be. My number 1 pick would have been Cena but that certainly ain't happening now that he's facing Rock. Keep in mind this could be Taker's last Mania...just so he can retire 20-0
Old 04-05-2011, 03:07 AM

KNG_UNERWRL is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejc8710 View Post
well to be honest I keep telling my self brock maby maby will end the streak cause i can see it happing like this taker wins another one next year making him 20-0 then they have wm 29 in dallas n thats where they induct taker into the hall they have wm in dallas WWE finally breaks the 93thousand record but this is where the streak comes to an end with brock ending it cause that match whould sell alot of tickets but but is brock worthy enough to end the streak??

Undertaker hinted at one more match at UFC 121 after Brock got knocked out but there was no answer from. Supposedly they have a personal beef. Lesnar though, He's way to deep with ufc to even consider coming back to wrestling, hes happy where hes at and Dana white sure as hell wants nothing to do with Lesnar going back to wwe. Its been said that he might come back for a one time appearence(ie: A fat paycheck) but I doubt it. Maybe Taker will try his hand at mma after his wrestling career is over who knows its something he's talked about. If Batista can do it the Deadman can as well.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-05-2011, 03:15 AM
intercontinental champion

ashe draven is looking to come up from OCW...

brock? no but it would be great. sting? he isnt signing in wwe ever. if he was it would have been recently. dont think many peeps will get behind hhh/taker 3. however, i can see a hhh/hbk vs kane/taker at WM. it would take the workload off of all 4. and it would be the last time we'd c any of them compete. taker gets his 20-0 streak and kane gets to retire w/ dignity in a TOP match. also hhh gets to have his buddy elevate his last in ring match. and shawn, well shawn gets to be mr. wrestlemania one more time. (and doesnt really tarnish his "retired" thing like flair)
Old 04-05-2011, 03:50 AM

BLeonard is looking to come up from OCW...

The "Dream" opponent would have to be Sting... It's probably the one that everyone would want to see most, simply because it hasn't been done. But, I don't think it's likely.

I have 3 "possible" opponents... These are three guys who could be possible, for a 1 time match and would make for a very good match, IMO. Two have been mentioned.

1: Mick Foley. The history is there and I think he's the one who has the most victories over Taker in his WWE career... Kane might have more victories, but it's close and Foley has never gotten a shot at Taker at WrestleMania.

2: Steve Austin. He's been a lot more involved lately... Maybe it's just to hype Tough Enough, but something about tonight's RAW showed me that he could go one more time, especially facing Taker with Cena/Rock on the same card. Those two matches alone would sell WrestleMania XXVIII.

3:Bret Hart. I don't know his current medical condition, but if he could pull it together for a "street fight" match with Taker, that would be an interesting fit. Remember, Bret was the first WWE wrestler to lock up with Undertaker in a WWE ring.

Ultimately, I'm thinking HHH gets the nod. If they go this route, to really up the ante, I'd like to see two conditions:

1: Streak vs Career. If HHH loses, his career will officially have "died trying" to end the streak.

2: Shawn Michaels as the Special Referee. He either has to count Taker's shoulders down for a 3 count at WrestleMania (something he could never do) or he has to count his best friend's shoulders, effectively ending his career.

After the past 3 Taker WrestleMania matches (2 vs HBK and last night vs HHH) being so well done, I think they need that extra boost of Michaels as the referee in that position to put the match over the top. At this point, IMO, they wouldn't be able to put on a good enough match to be on par with the previous three, without something that REALLY thickens the plot... HBK as the referee does that.

Just my thoughts.

-Bill
sendpm.gif