WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who will Lesnar face at Mania
Rock 5 11.90%
HHH 20 47.62%
CM Punk 2 4.76%
Orton 5 11.90%
Undertaker 9 21.43%
Cena 0 0%
Other 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2011, 11:53 PM

god-soldier is looking to come up from OCW...god-soldier is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Undertaker's Wrestlemania Streak General Discussion (KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!!)

Quote:
MODERATOR'S COMMENTS:

Since there have been about 3-million threads created for this subject, this is the [OFFICIAL] and *MERGED* thread for discussion of the Undertaker's Wrestlemania Streak. For every aspect of this discussion (i.e. possible future opponents, streak length, Undertaker's past victories, streak importance, etc.) please post in THIS THREAD. DO NOT CREATE ANY MORE THREADS ON THIS SUBJECT. If another thread is created on this subject, its creator will be warned/infracted for posting duplicate topics.

Thank you

Since one match has been determined for WMXVIII who will try to the end in the streak in what may be Undertaker's final match.
I don't think it will be HHH I think Undertaker may face someone out of the wood work like Wade Barrett or Sheamus or someone else maybe a legend or someone from another promotion.
Who do you think it will be
sendpm.gif
Old 04-05-2011, 12:22 AM
WZ's Resident GameStop Advisor
Knockout Champion

Decarow is looking to come up from OCW...Decarow is looking to come up from OCW...Decarow is looking to come up from OCW...Decarow is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to Decarow Send a message via Skype™ to Decarow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITALIAN NYC View Post
Id say HHH part 2 but i dont know what they can do different.
It'd technically be Part 3.

And idk who I'd like to see him beat. I personally think he should just retire. But if I have to pick, there's only one logical choice now. Kane.

Before last year, Kane was the guy he had beat the most. He was also the closest to beating him before HBK. Both are at that stage in their career where they can still put on a great match and retire with dignity.

The day Edge goes to TNA is the day Yoshi Tatsu ends the Streak.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-05-2011, 12:32 AM
Fuck erbody but me
X-Division Champion

Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via MSN to Nate DaMac

There's a ton of options and frankly, it's way to early to tell. Sting usually only signs year to year contracts, so there's a chance he could be free. But there's that whole "He's an idiot" thing so I wouldn't bank on that.

You could see one of the teetering guys in the upper mid card make the full fledged jump to the main event and be looked at as a credible opponent. Someone like Sheamus or Wade Barrett.

Hell, there's a fucking insanely rare chance we could see Stone Cold come back to try his hand at doing what no one else can. Sure, unlikely doesn't even begin to describe this possibility, but it's a thought.

Honestly, I think it's going to be HHH again and I got to say, even though the match this year was very enjoyable, I would hate to see them try to duplicate it. There is no way these 2 could out do or even match this recent encounter.

Right now, it's all up in the air.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
I'm not big on the ethnic groups.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-05-2011, 12:46 AM
HEAT ATTRACTER!!!!
WWE Diva's Champion

iwinulose is looking to come up from OCW...

after tonight's raw, i think that triple hhh and stone cold may team up against the undertaker either in a handicap match, or in a 2 on 2 match. triple hhh for sure cause he said he would be waiting when undertaer returns, and stone cold's comment to triple hhh in that lil backscene segment, leaves some copnspiracy open there, so who knows what will happen, at least if it was a handicao match with triple hhh and stone cold, stone cold would be a new victum.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:47 AM
Nick
WWE European Champion

Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...

Normally, I would say this is far too early to start talking about. However, the WWE had no problem creating next years main event a year ahead of time, so I guess it's no big deal anymore.

HHH? Doubtful. It's hard to imagine those two having their third Mania match, even though the WWE is pretty solid on completely ignoring the first. Completely duplicating what happened between Taker and HBK seems unlikely, but you never know.

HBK? No.

Sheamus? Wade Barrett? Alberto Del Rio? I group them together because I think they have an equal shot. Not one of them is anywhere near a big deal, not even close..but, it's not unimaginable.

Jericho? If he comes back, and goes on some kind of heel-style rampage, it's possible.

Honestly, I think the #1 candidate, at this moment, is The Miz. For some reason, the WWE is really high on this guy, and I could easily see him making a big deal out of breaking Takers streak. This would leave the title picture open to another heel, and we know Cena won't be anywhere near the title match. The build would be great, but I think the match would stink, just like most other matches Miz is involved with. I think he's the most likely, as it stands..a year from the actual event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik
Mayor Bloomberg intelligent Jew for not have the yokozuna size drink.the people need to drink the healthy or become king kong bundy class
sendpm.gif
Old 04-05-2011, 01:01 AM

BigLuther is looking to come up from OCW...

Well, we can go ahead and rule out The Rock or John Cena. The mark in me wants to see Austin vs. Miz at WM 28 after their segment tonight, but I won't hold my breath for that one. But just for fun, let's say that match happens too, so SCSA and Miz aren't options to face Taker either.

The most intriguing option would be Chris Jericho. They have never really worked a real long program together, and facing off at Mania next year would be huge. Jericho could cut some kind of promo similar to what HHH did this year and say he's done everything in the business (which is true) except break the streak. The only problem is that I'm not sure anyone would actually believe he could do it. He doesn't really have a high-impact finisher (I've never been sold on the Codebreaker) and Undertaker just doesn't tap out, so would the Walls be effective in this situation?

CM Punk would be another terrific option. During their first program, Punk's heel run was in its infancy, and I think would be more entertaining to watch today. Especially given that Punk is more established now than he was when he was feuding with Undertaker in the past. Punk is a young guy who can get that epic Wrestlemania-quality match with Undertaker, and can actually make you believe he can break the streak.

A fantasy option is always Sting. As far as people in the company go, younger names would be Del Rio, McIntyre (if he ever gets back on track) or Morrison.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-05-2011, 01:08 AM
Fuck erbody but me
X-Division Champion

Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via MSN to Nate DaMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick B. View Post
Sheamus? Wade Barrett? Alberto Del Rio? I group them together because I think they have an equal shot. Not one of them is anywhere near a big deal, not even close..but, it's not unimaginable.
Forgot about Del Rio. The only positive that I could really see from one of these guys getting to face Taker at Wrestlemania is that there is a slight possibility of one of them actually ending it. I believe that if the streak is going to end, it's going to guy to a guy that could use the rub as opposed to a veteran who doesn't need it. Still very unlikely that the streak will be broken, but the idea that it could happen adds at least a little bit of interest.

Quote:
Jericho? If he comes back, and goes on some kind of heel-style rampage, it's possible.
This is something I didn't consider at first, but is actually probably the best option. I can't think of one person alive today that could pull out the very best from Taker and give him the match of his life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
I'm not big on the ethnic groups.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-05-2011, 01:10 AM

#SAWFT is looking to come up from OCW...

If we're doing it solely on WHO he'll face, did anyone think of Vince screwing him into a gauntlet match? 3 of WWE's best men, say HHH, Chris Jericho and Kane.

If it's on whether he'll win, yeah, with that storyline, it'll show who is the best, and that's 'Taker.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-05-2011, 01:10 AM

American Steamboat is looking to come up from OCW...

Just for the record, Triple H did mention in his promo tonight that he had faced Undertaker at WrestleMania before. That being said, I don't think we will see Triple H/Undertaker III. If that did happen I would be disappointed, then again I was disappointed that they were going to face each other this year and they put on one hell of a match. Still, I doubt they would have Undertaker face someone he's already beat twice at the show of shows. I would actually still like to see Sting sign and face 'Taker, but if I had to choose someone from the current roster...well, I can't think of anyone that could top Undertaker's last three WrestleMania opponents/matches. Like someone mentioned, Austin/'Taker would be unbelievably epic yet it is highly unlikely. Just imagine how intense 'Mania 28 would be with Rock/Cena and Taker/Austin! I really hope Undertaker doesn't retire prior to next year's event because I like the sound of 20-0 being the final number for the streak.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-05-2011, 01:13 AM
arrogant bastard
WWE Diva's Champion

bigbootydaddyV is looking to come up from OCW...bigbootydaddyV is looking to come up from OCW...

my guess is it'll end up being HHH again and to step it up they'll do hell in a cell... that would actually be pretty cool and Taker needs a new HIAC at Mania to help get rid of the one at WM15 which a lot of ppl hated (though i liked it).
sendpm.gif