WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-13-2018, 08:00 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...
Default Lashley

Lashley showed up on Raw. What do you think of him?

I think I'm in the majority in saying that there is potential there but no evidence to really get excited. I just remember him as a guy who kind of fizzled out initially in WWE. He was a guy with a great look who never really met his potential. I remember wanting him to be better than he ever showed. From there I have watched a scant amount of his TNA work and never found much still to get excited about.

Have others kept up with him more than me? Have you found anything that I have missed? Can he carry a feud and put on very good and great feuds? Any examples of him reaching his potential?
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:26 PM

Mr.Maikeru_Sawyer is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Steele's Barber View Post
Lashley showed up on Raw. What do you think of him?

I think I'm in the majority in saying that there is potential there but no evidence to really get excited. I just remember him as a guy who kind of fizzled out initially in WWE. He was a guy with a great look who never really met his potential. I remember wanting him to be better than he ever showed. From there I have watched a scant amount of his TNA work and never found much still to get excited about.

Have others kept up with him more than me? Have you found anything that I have missed? Can he carry a feud and put on very good and great feuds? Any examples of him reaching his potential?

all I am going to say is check out his time in TNA/IW because he has grown immensely since his last stint in WWE.
As a matter of fact you might as well check up on ALL THE NEW IW guys that have shown up in WWE in the last 5-6 months you have obvious WWE bias or you would know more about Lashley than you do.
Old 04-14-2018, 06:53 AM

theblackplague is looking to come up from OCW...

Me personally, im a huge bobby lashley fan. I think his first stint could have been better but I definitely marked out when he returned this past monday. I think he has definitely become way better since leaving and going to IW....I hope wwe doesnt drop the ball and eventually gives us a lashley vs lesnar dream match...just not sure what finisher they are going to give him just yet...I know that the sphere and running powerslam wont work right now in the WWE...given that Roman reigns and Braun stroman currently use those moves respectively.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:37 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I've heard that Lashley has improved a helluva lot since his first stint in WWE came to an end. I haven't watched TNA/Impact Wrestling in a long time; initially, it was because I'd just gotten tired of it but I couldn't watch it now if I wanted as I don't have the Pop network, or whatever it's called, so all I have to go by is what some say and what the dirt sheets write.

A lot will depend on what they do with Lashley now that he's back. There are reports that Brock Lesnar's current deal is a short term one and that it expires sometime around SummerSlam so if they're ultimately going to just insert Lashley into Lesnar's spot and do and essentially turn him into Black Lesnar, I'll pass. I don't think that will be the case, howver, as Lashley doesn't have remotely the sort of control over Vince that Lesnar does. He's not going to be working Lesnar's schedule and he's most definitely not going to be making Lesnar's paycheck so I don't think we'll wind up with Black Lesnar.

I think that Lashley is the leading candidate to take the Universal Championship from Lesnar if Roman Reigns doesn't win it in their cage match at the Greatest Royal Rumble in a few weeks. There are plenty of guys that could be built up between now and SummerSlam or the Survivor Series to do it but Vince hasn't gone with them yet so I see no reason why that should change.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 04-14-2018, 09:01 PM
Exodus 3:14

Dragon Chief is looking to come up from OCW...

Bobby Lashley is the man, he wrestles like Brock Lesnar did back in 2002-2004. Lashley has a lot of potential to be a major player in the WWE and I believe he will become a World Champion sooner rather than later.

Obviously the dream match everyone (including me) wants to see is Brock Lesnar V. Bobby Lashley. WWE should book that match in the near future.

Old 04-14-2018, 11:13 PM

NxtBigThing is looking to come up from OCW...NxtBigThing is looking to come up from OCW...

If Vince wants Lashley as the next Lesnar then why not start in Saudi Arabia? Towards the end of the match either Lesnar or Reigns is about to escape but Lashley slams the door in their face causing them to lose. That can create a feud for him against one of the two top guys.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:53 AM
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion

The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'm another guy who hasn't really followed TNA in a long while so I haven't really seen anything Lashley has done since his first WWE run. But, I'll take people's word for it and say that I am intrigued. He's undeniably a freak competitor so I have no qualms there, I just hope for him that he can get himself over on the mic, and if not, have someone else help him do that.

I don't think we will necessarily get Lesnar 2.0, but I think he could get thrusted into that spot which athletically I guess makes sense, but I'm not overly fond of him going so high in the pecking order already when's there's plenty of other guys who have been heading up there. Having said that though, WWE has a great opportunity with Lashley to gain a competitor a bit like Lesnar not only full time, but hopefully beatable. It'll make things less one-sided in the main event scene anyway, while also having that freak competitor.

I'm definitely intrigued that he's back after all this time.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:41 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...

To me Lashley and Ronda, both, along with Lesnar brings "legit fighters" feel into world of WWE Superstars, most of whom feels like a cartoon acts.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:20 PM

NxtBigThing is looking to come up from OCW...NxtBigThing is looking to come up from OCW...

I agree with you Mark that Lashley brings a legit fight feel. I think that him along with Reigns, Stroman, Samoa Joe, and some others will make the heavyweight title picture quite interesting on Raw pending on the draft of course. If Lesnar ended up signing a longer contract it'll be fun to see those five in the mix.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:56 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...

It's good to see Lashley back in the WWE. He's been gone for over a decade so there's a lot of potential feuds and opponents. As others have mentioned a match with Lesnar would be a big draw and I could see it being a good Summerslam match. As someone else mentioned a lot of casual fans are drawn heavyweights and wrestlers with great physiques like Strowman, Cena, Reigns, Lesnar and Elias on the current roster. I wonder what they are are going to do about Lashley's move set with Reigns having the spear and Strowman having the running power slam as finishers. Hopefully Lashley lives up to his potential in this run in the WWE.