WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-07-2006, 12:44 PM
OchoaSTL

Default Earthquake 1963 -2006

John “Earthquake” Tenta has passed away at the age of 42 after a lengthy battle with bladder cancer. Tenta is survived by his wife and three kids.

Tenta performed for both World Wrestling Entertainment and World Championship Wrestling throughout the 90s. He made multiple appearances on wrestling’s grandest stage, participating in matches at WrestleManias VI, VII, VIII, X and X-Seven.

In 1992, Earthquake and his partner Typhoon, collectively known as "The Natural Disasters”, defeated Money Inc. to capture the World Tag Team Championship. Prior to his career in professional wrestling, Tenta made a name for himself in Japan as a highly accomplished Sumo wrestler.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:08 PM

KBooG15 is looking to come up from OCW...

R.I.P. Earthquake
Old 06-07-2006, 02:10 PM
FLUFF

NOOO, man he is gonna be missed dearly by me. I always loved his gimmicks and whatnot. Damn, RIP John.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:11 PM
Original Prince of Darkness
Ring of Honor Champion

Moon Knight is going to make some noise in the draft...Moon Knight is going to make some noise in the draft...Moon Knight is going to make some noise in the draft...Moon Knight is going to make some noise in the draft...Moon Knight is going to make some noise in the draft...Moon Knight is going to make some noise in the draft...Moon Knight is going to make some noise in the draft...Moon Knight is going to make some noise in the draft...Moon Knight is going to make some noise in the draft...Moon Knight is going to make some noise in the draft...Moon Knight is going to make some noise in the draft...
Send a message via Skype™ to Moon Knight

He was a fake sumo wrestler? Didn't know that.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-07-2006, 02:28 PM
Flippyskate21

Sad to see him pass away. R.I.P
Old 06-07-2006, 05:09 PM
McLean26

R.i.p. Earthquake
Old 06-07-2006, 06:53 PM

drgnerth is looking to come up from OCW...

R.I.P. Tenta
sendpm.gif
Old 06-07-2006, 07:26 PM

Jackhammer23 is looking to come up from OCW...

Was a big part of WWE's boom period of the mid 80s into the early 90s. Was a good headliner and had a good tag team with Typhoon aka Tugboat, The Natural Disaters. R.I.P. Earthquake.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Original Prince of Darkness
Ring of Honor Champion

Moon Knight is going to make some noise in the draft...Moon Knight is going to make some noise in the draft...Moon Knight is going to make some noise in the draft...Moon Knight is going to make some noise in the draft...Moon Knight is going to make some noise in the draft...Moon Knight is going to make some noise in the draft...Moon Knight is going to make some noise in the draft...Moon Knight is going to make some noise in the draft...Moon Knight is going to make some noise in the draft...Moon Knight is going to make some noise in the draft...Moon Knight is going to make some noise in the draft...
Send a message via Skype™ to Moon Knight

I never saw him, but I have the wrestlemania boxset..Its about I checked his matches on them out.

- Duc de la Rochefoucauld.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-07-2006, 09:21 PM

flndergco28 is looking to come up from OCW...

R.I.P. John Tenta.

I enjoyed reading the things that he would post on Wrestlecrap. Hearing RD talk about him and what a great person he was. He seemed to be a wonderful human being and put his heart and soul into his career. I remember him shaking the ground when I watched wrestling as a kid, and I used to jump up and down with him.

My condolences to his wife and kids.

sendpm.gif