WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > WrestleZone Championship Wrestling > WZCW Network > WZCW TV
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-17-2014, 09:39 PM
Dooooooooooooom
WWE Diva's Champion

red ass skull muhfukkah is getting some looks on Smackdown...red ass skull muhfukkah is getting some looks on Smackdown...red ass skull muhfukkah is getting some looks on Smackdown...red ass skull muhfukkah is getting some looks on Smackdown...red ass skull muhfukkah is getting some looks on Smackdown...red ass skull muhfukkah is getting some looks on Smackdown...red ass skull muhfukkah is getting some looks on Smackdown...red ass skull muhfukkah is getting some looks on Smackdown...red ass skull muhfukkah is getting some looks on Smackdown...red ass skull muhfukkah is getting some looks on Smackdown...red ass skull muhfukkah is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via AIM to red ass skull muhfukkah Send a message via Skype™ to red ass skull muhfukkah

I have to agree with Dynamite on most of his points. The show was incredibly lackluster outside of Ty/Mikey, Constantine/Califa, and Tastic/Beard. That's more than half the show.

The tag match was far too short, felt like an Aftershock match. I understand the lack of build to the match and chaocticness of the cycle but it didn't feel special. Its KC every match should be big.

Sloan vs Taylor and KO vs Holmes were fine for what they were.

I enjoyed the rest of the show, the ladder match could have had bigger spots and Daddy Mack winning was cool.

Ty vs Mikey was great, felt like a big match like it deserved.

The Title match was awesome, had a great pre match hype and the match delivered. Ty vs Tastic should be interesting.

Overall it may be the weakest KC since I've been around. This may sound harsh, but I feel creative lacks creativeness that JGlass, Kermit, and Haiku brought with them. I know the last few cycles have been crazy but the storylines leading up to it and the matches themselves outside of creative members matches felt uninspired. Hopefully things pick up as I know creative is better than this and shits been nuts lately. The roster is small but there's so many interesting characters and awesome feuds to be had that everyone should have something to do.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:22 PM
Reinstate The Fox
WCW TV Champion

Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey
Default Spidey's Kingdom Come Review

Spidey's Review of:

Kingdom Come VI

Now it's been a while since I've done a review, so what is a better review than one my friend Dynamite just did and call it my own? In the words of our glorious moderator who barely keeps up with this shit yet reviews it anyways, "Lits git ta et".

Da Openin

It was just okay. The usual "Good vs. Evil" thingy is a classic, albeit a wee bit clichéd. Compared to the past 3 or so pay per view openings, this one did fall short badly to illicit that hype, and I can see why KB and Dynamite say this doesn't feel like the uber special pay per view that it is already. Openings matter more than anything else really.

Rating: A truckload of Japanese stuff to remind folks that this is still Japan.

Da Elite vs. Cerberus Segment

STABLE WARS!!! Needs to happen, but will it? Eh. Nice to finally see these two groups finally meet though. Was a solid moment.

Rating: 6 mark out moments worth another look down the line.

Hard Metal Penetration vs. Cerberus (Tag Team Championship)

Loved the special openings for both teams. Good start to the show, even though the victory over Cerberus didn't seem all that great. This is not me loving the smell of my own shit. Putting on my spectator goggles, the rise of Cerberus and their last-minute challengers could have been handled a lot better storyline-wise in the ring. Now you have a duo that outside of Discussion talk, were shown as a mixed pairing on the shows that came out of nowhere and now appear to be flavors of the month. I am looking forward in seeing Cerberus now having a reason to face HMP at the next pay per view, though. So there's that at least.

Will say having your only tag team match go on first seemed really silly, especially compared to a fight that was barely even hyped at like K.O. vs. Holmes going almost last. I keep hearing how everyone is still in this purgatory of not being completely main event and not being in the bottom card, but this looked like that was a lie. LMD was hyped to the moon in it's time but Cerbs goes on first. Kinda weird.

Rating: 3 broken hearts and a chainsaw.

Stormrage & Tastic Share A Moment Segment

I would ship these two. Has been a romance that's been budding for quite some time now. I like Tastic wanting to face his fears with Beard on his own though. He seems like the one that wears the pants. Good on him. Can't help but think of that image of Vegeta and Goku fist-bumping. Though neither of these guys are Vegeta. Majin Buu and Goku maybe.

Rating: 3 broken hearts revived. Love prevails.

Aubrey Sloan vs. Eve Taylor

"Mouthing each other off" had me hooked the entire time. For a match that had a No Show, it was pretty well written I thought and kept my interest all the way through. Of course the surprise of Eve winning doesn't shock anyone but that's just how it is.

Rating: 4 long legs and a fubar'd friendship.

Dat's Racist Segment

We're really scraping the bottom when we are doing this. Thank god for El Califa Dragon. #FML.

Rating: Sensitivity training. Lots and lots of sensitivity training.

El Califa Dragon vs. Constantine (Elite X Championship)

For Constantine's 7th consecutive defense, allowing him a shot for the WZCW World Heavyweight Title (or at least I think that's still an option at this point). Before I go on about how I loved this match, I do want to point out something a little troubling. The rules with the Elite X Championship belt was that the challenger must face a different competitor each time. Aubrey Sloan faced him twice. By default this should be the 6th Title defense and not the 7th. But I doubt anyone cares and just wants somebody to capitalize on the belt at long last.

Now onto less nerdy moments. This was my favorite match of the night writing-wise. Like seeing how Constantine came close to losing via arguing with the ref. Rarely ever see that. Wish the announce team was more alive about the ordeal when Constantine picked up the "W", but then again it's a nice change of pace from the usual hype, so I didn't mind it.

Rating: 1 luchador mask and a time slot on NBC.

Dat Foreshadowing Segment

^

Rating: 4 contenders actually predicted to win.

Dat Prop Comedy Segment

ElegANT, coming from what I assume is a well-educated background being a gentleman and all, is scared shitless of a lot of fluff coming from a beheaded 3 headed dog plush. Noticed the fans being horrified at this spectacle in the tag match, too. What is up with the WZCW Universe being a bunch of pussies?

Rating: A case of testosterone and a sewing machine.

Kagura vs. Daddy Mack vs. Theron Daggershield vs. M (Eurasian Championship)

Daddy Mack's win feels forced. Going to go ahead and say that now. I'm sure it was to keep Tasty around as we do need good writers in the fed, but still. Looking at everyone else's RPs from this round everyone can make the argument that this was not entirely deserved.

Now the match was pretty short. But what action there was it was pretty good. Just nothing to really shout about. No real spots to talk about, so I'd say this was an average match. I was looking forward to this and the tag team championship the most, and I feel neither delivered.

Rating: Whatever counted as ratings in WCW.

Dat's Racist Segment Vol. 2

Jesus Christ. Did you people forget that this is Japan and not Mexico? The fuck.

Rating: More sensitivity training and a dead jobber horse beaten.

Chris K.O. vs. Steven Holmes

The other match with a no show. It was fine, but you have to ask what state creativity is in if we are having no shows by well established posters on what is meant to be the biggest pay per view in WZCW.

Rating: Delusions of grandeur and a copy of Castaway.

Dat Ordinary Ty Burna Segment

So I guess The Beard isn't getting hyped at all and Ty gets two segments he's featured in. Alrighty then.

Rating: 2 obvious wins now coming up.

Mikey Stormrage vs. Ty Burna (#1 Contenders Match)

Like I said, saw this coming a mile away. But it was an excellent match nonetheless. Once again the entrances were superb and the exchange was exciting. I just wish Ty would be featured in something other than the top prize all the time. I get that he's a mainstay very much like The Undertaker, but with how the fed has had an influx of new and talented people I'd rather see newcomers get a shot.

Rating: Diabolical eyes and Diabetes.

Ramparte's HOF Shit Segment

I'm all for my character being used for a joke. I have no problem with that. But not telling me beforehand and then editing what I originally said is a pretty shitty move. I take it this was Falk's doing. I'm all for my character being embarassed. But that was a bit unnecessary and makes me feel like I'm not that good at all for WZCW.

Rating: 7 devils and a book on common Kurtesy.

Matt Tastic vs. The Beard (WZCW World Championship)

When did Tastic become an anime fan? Like seriously.

Tastic deserved the win. It was a solid match and was invigorating to see the good guy come out on top. My only real gripe was how The Beard was handled before this match on pay per view. There was enough hype going for Tastic. None whatsoever for Beard, who walked out on the company. Other than that it was excellent and a good ending for Kingdom Come.

Rating: 8 half-eaten Chalupas. Live Mass.

Overall Rating: However KB grades your usual WWE programming. Not entirely great stuff, but it was enough for an alright show. Underwhelming? Well yeah, but then again most of the matches weren't properly hyped or were only shades of things to come. This seems like an ideal reset button for some of us to rethink our characters. Probably what I'll be doing, since it's obvious Creative isn't into characters that are both comedic and dark. Gotta pick one to get ahead.

Thank you all for reading this and I hope I didn't come off as overtly critical. I see the problems in things and go on about that. Bad habit. I hope Creative takes certain things we say under consideration to produce a more solid ppv down the line. They work hard. We should work hard in helping them instead of remaining silent.

*drops da mic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

Last edited by Spidey : 11-17-2014 at 11:29 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 05:21 PM
WATCHA GONNA DO, BROTHER!?
Million Dollar Champion

Miko is a United States Champion...Miko is a United States Champion...Miko is a United States Champion...Miko is a United States Champion...Miko is a United States Champion...Miko is a United States Champion...Miko is a United States Champion...Miko is a United States Champion...Miko is a United States Champion...Miko is a United States Champion...Miko is a United States Champion...

The obvious high points of the show were Tastic vs Beard and Ty vs Stormrage, these are the matches that Kingdom Come was built on, since they were the only guarantees from the matches decided by the Lethal Lottery cycle where everybody showed, and happily the matches delivered.

Which brings me on to my next point, I have to agree with my fellow tag team performers in this one; I know Thriller is a man of few words, I am not offended that we opened the PPV since I am a firm believer that one of the biggest 3 matches on the card should open a PPV to start things off big, so even if that wasn't the intent I am not bothered, and had this match happened at either of the other Kingdom Come's that I was a part of I'd have been happy with it, not every match can be an epic.

But this Kingdom Come was lacking, where Harthan and Funkay no showed, thereby removing all suspense, and Ty basically admitted that El Califa's effort against Constantine suffered because of his work with Ty Burna removing all suspense (I've RP'd against Dave about four times and I believe we are 2-2, I know that you have to be at your best to beat him) then those matches where the result was in doubt, where all RP'ers gave it their all should've been bought up to strengthen what was missing, but Eve Taylor vs Aubrey Sloan, a match with a no-show, was more of an epic, the tag match was closer to Holmes vs K.O in scale. The ladder match also, while it was fun, was too low-key despite the anticipation.

I think this is more disappointing since these matches were largely predicted to steal the show, and apart from the two main events (which delivered) were the ones that were going to keep long term readers guessing until the very end. I guess I am saying that while I don't think every match should be a kick out of finishers galore epic, its possible that some of the wrong choices were made here.

The good; Constantine vs El Califa was pretty much what it should've been, Ty vs Stormrage as has been mentioned, Tastic vs Beard, though Beard seemed to have too little hype. Obviously the HOF. There was enough good to carry this show, and a lot of the faults were out of creatives hands it has to be said, but despite being perfectly fine, it is the weakest of the three I've been a part of so far.

Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one
Old 12-29-2014, 08:48 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Ascension 87

So here is the review Spidey had requested, I'll take a look at the 87th edition of Ascension. Let's get started.

Opening
We start off with a big moment already with a Mr Banks promo. The announcement of the Elite X Championship match where El Swago will have to defend against 5 others. I'm looking forward to that. The conversation between Banks and Constantine was well done.

Frankie Woods VS Vikram
Short match, but I was not expecting a lengthy one due to only one competitor having submitted an RP, thus a win for Vikram.

Matt/Mikey/Califa Segment
This was good, however I would have liked a translation for what Califa and Matt said to each other. It doesn't have to be word for word, just so readers have a better idea of what was said. Maybe in a spoiler tag beneath it or something. Foreign language usage can help set characters apart from the rest, but lack of translation can be annoying to some if they want to know what the character said. Everyone should be able to have some type of idea of what was said.

Frank Driscoll VS Veejay
Another match where only one RP was submitted. Veejay gets a win, and it was understandably going to be shorter due to a no-show.

S.H.I.T. / Alhazred / Serra Segment
Nice addition of the tag team title match being an "I Quit" match. This could have been a little longer, it got the job done on what it was needed for though.

Kagura VS Mikey
The interference by Constantine caught me by surprise. Good development on the feud between Constantine and Stormrage.

Chris / Howard Segment
I'm really getting interested in what Howard's announcement is going to end up being. This kept said interest growing.

Makarov & Beard VS elegANT & Califa
This was a well written match and a refreshing read after the shorter ones that came before it. Cool ending spot with the Mother Russia move. Nicely done.

Crashin Claus VS St Everest
LOL! This was hilarious. I in particular loved that Stratton appeared with the jobbers, he should be used for silly stuff like this more often. Crashin tapping out might have been the most memorable part of the whole show to me, this whole part had me laughing a lot.

Ty Byrna & Slaughter VS Hard Metal Penetration
This was the match of the night. It was very well written and the appearance by Cerberus was a nice surprise. The right result took place in my opinion, given the RP's.

Ending
So here we have the mask man showing up with a bunch of people in Christmas garb, then we get a good promo by Tastic to further hype up his match against Ty for the World Heavyweight Championship. Great way to end the show.

Overall
So, I really do not have many major points to criticise. I liked the show! The main problems were there only being two really good matches (which was not Creative's fault whatsoever due to the no-show's) and the lack of translation of some foreign lines. Had those guys who no-showed still submitted RP's it would have resulted in superior matches, but you guys put together a good show here given what was submitted and helped generate anticipation for the upcoming PPV event. It gets a thumbs up from me! Keep it up and thank you again for all that you do with writing these shows for us.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:55 PM
Reinstate The Fox
WCW TV Champion

Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey

Meltdown 114

We start the show with an announcement on Tastic and Makarov defending their titles tonight. It may be a very small thing but I like that it gets mentioned way before either match start. Good television there.

Cerberus interrupt Cohen and Cohen to rub their Revolution win into the fans' faces. Dressed to the nines, they go on about how much a year's difference can make and gloat about each one of their title wins. Eve becomes the first woman to hold a singles title and Cerberus is the first team to not only compete in the main event, but win as well. The Gold Rush poster has them as the sole superstars on it and they throw down an Open Invitation for any duo to step up to them.

My Thoughts: Nobody interferes which makes this moment even more impactful for the next show. Can't wait to see who will be the ones to leave Cerberus with their tail between their legs.

This is not a gripe, but something I would like to see changed. The opening intro for Meltdown is 2 years old. I feel the current roster we have now would look great in the next video. The only superstar I can identify in the clip that is still with us is Constantine. Would be awesome if we could get a more updated opening for Meltdown and perhaps Ascension too.

Dorian Slaughter has a vignette on Mikey Stormrage. He lights a match and eats the flame. Wicked little shit.

Bruce Irwin vs. The Beard
(Winner Advances to Semi-Finals of the Gold Rush)

We have a Gold Rush Quarter-Final Match to start up the action. Bruce Irwin squares off against The Beard and seems to be immediately put down, toyed, and then put down again in a squash match. Bruce Irwin does get some offense in, but not enough to really question who will win. Beard delivers Poetic Justice and advances to the Semi-Finals.

My Thoughts: I did read both RPs and rather enjoyed Bruce Irwin's a little bit more than Beard's. But I can see why Beard received the win here. Beard was the main event of Kingdom Come and ever since has been on something of a decline when it comes to another main event. Securing a win here either sets Beard back up as the monster we all should fear that hasn't seen the last of the World title, or will make another superstar look good for the Gold Rush. Irwin is still a fresh face that can kill the beast another day.

Leon Kensworth interviews Kagura and Gozaburo about the Elite X title match. Stacey Madison interviews Viktor and Freddie Fortune about the same thing. Both needed translators and both hype up their championship dance. Gotta say I loved the parallel between the two a lot and it made for a good read to be a back-to-back interview thing. Creative spin right there. I was even more interested in their bout than I was before.

Kagura Ohzora vs. Viktor Makarov
(Elite X Championship Match)

"The International Incident" should go down as a historical thing. Just sounds cool. Kagura demonstrates a striking strategy while Viktor goes the grappler route. All was lost for the lady of Japan until she tugged at Viktor's tights and a mysterious postcard fell out. This distracted Viktor for Kagura to pick up the win. She is now the 2nd female wrestler to ever hold a singles title. WZCW is hitting new ground.

Showing that he wasn't done fighting, Makarov goes nuts until his manager Freddie Fortune calms him down- insisting that "He" is here.

My Thoughts: I thought it was smart for Viktor to lose this way. It will provide further backstory for him that many of us might not already know, and he will more than likely be paired with someone in a tag team. I am all for this since we need that kind of thing, and who doesn't like a little mystery on the show? Kagura is a worthy champion so I can't wait to see where she goes from here either.

Leon Kensworth is back again to ask Mikey his thoughts on Dorian Slaughter psyching him out. Apparently Leon has been trying to contact Stormrage for a while. Mikey's demeanor has drastically changed since the last time we saw him at Revolution. He dons his old mask and tells him flat out Dorian shouldn't have threatened a man that had nothing to lose. This new side of Mikey is intriguing and as a fan it had my interest.

Mikey Stormrage vs. Dorian Slaughter
Winner Advances to the Semi-Finals of the Gold Rush)

Dorian Slaughter attempts to get into his opponent's head again before the match even starts. Stormrage no-sells it and they both trade blows. They take the fight outside of the ring where Slaughter smashes his face into the apron, suplexes him into the audience barrier, mounts him with fist after fist, and rams him into the outside ring post. Gawd almighty, King. Slaughter pins him but it's not enough. Stormrage fights to stay alive throughout the rest of the match, and even Live Mas Slams him. There is an air of urgency afterwards as he pins the rookie but it doesn't get to 3. The crowd is dismayed Slaughter isn't put away with the move. Stormrage goes for Game Over! but Slaughter counters with a punch that busts Mikey wide open. It is worth noting that Slaughter has held on to a weapon at this point and while the referee checks Mikey to see if he is still capable of competing, he puts it away. Slaugher finishes the match with Death Becomes You and secures a spot in the Semi-Finals.

My Thoughts: The match was well written and even though it seemed a bit one-sided throughout, I was glad to see the fighting spirit of the face character come to life and was silenced by an underhanded tactic. This moment marks the Stormrage vs. Elite saga as 0-3. The Elite and Cerberus are pound for pound killing it as stables which makes me yearn for a war between the 6.

Viktor Makarov and Freddie Fortune are backstage. Fortune tells him to wait and comes out with a mysteriously tall man. Together the 3 walk away. Looks like the tag division is about to pick up.

Here we have the Daddy Mack Retirement Speech. Truly a heartfelt moment that brings up his Kingdom Come win and some history about the guy before he came to WZCW. The fans chant his name but he tells them that this is a young man's game and he is here to say goodbye. He invites Mr. Banks out to make it a more realistic affair but the lights go off instead. The tron illuminates the arena and the newest member of the fed, Acutus, appears. He questions Mack's ethics and has a Raven moment as he shouts out "WHAT ABOUT ME?" to a very positive effect. Acutus ominously tells him hell awaits WZCW for he will torture them just like how he was once tortured. Daddy Mack goes back to what he was saying, pauses, and tells the crowd he has unfinished business. He walks out.

My Thoughts: This is the kind of segment that I think should get its own review. What was already going to be a pretty emotional moment is cut in two by the newcomer that shares a lot of frustrations of his own. Looks like Daddy Mack isn't finished yet and will face this brooding Acutus. Awesome. Already starting to like Acutus but I am curious to how he will divert himself from being just like Burna, Slaughter, and Ramparte. Intriguing stuff.

Ty Burna vs. Matt Tastic in a Steel Cage Match
(WZCW World Heavyweight Championship)

Rematch from Revolution. Before the match begins, Tastic gives Ty a smirk of confidence. Both try to psyche one another out as Ty refuses to give Tastic entry into the Cage without repercussion. Having no other option, Tastic comes in flying with fisticuffs and the match starts. The moment Ty Burna goes down, Tastic immediately tries to climb the Cage. But for some supernatural reason the Cage burns his hands! Tables start to turn as Burna gains offense- applying pressure to the injured hand. Tosses Tastic into the Cage wall and knees him there. Tastic kicks out of a pin. Ty executes a straight-jacket hold. Tastic bravely struggles out of it. Ty uses Mo' Murda and gets a pinfall of 2. Burna is infuriated at the stamina Tastic is showing. Burna touches the Cage unaffected by the heat that was shown previously. With that hand, he rakes Tastic in the face and burns him some more. Burna misses with a corner kick and Tastic attacks Burna's old leg wound. Burna shifts the fight with a backbreaker that causes Tastic to experience pain in his neck- another old wound. They both go down. Tastic pins Burna for 2. Burna X-plexes Tastic into the Cage wall, sets up his new finisher- Desecration Annihilation, but his leg gives in so Burna waits for his older move, Consecrated Banishment. Ty connects with a wall and his leg is hurting again. Tastic finds time for a Headache Driver. They both go down to the mat again. Instead of covering, Matt springboard screw attacks Ty. It connects but again Tastic won't pin him. Tastic climbs the Cage which appears to have cooled down now, blows Ty Burna a kiss, and escapes the Cage, retaining his title.

Ty Burna is shocked. As Tastic makes his way to the backstage, he is attacked by Dorian Slaughter. The WZCW Champ puts effort into fighting back, but it's no use. Constantine comes in, pulls Slaughter away, and gives Tastic the Axis of Evil. Constantine grabs the title and looks at Ty Burna. The show concludes with the two Elite members staring at one another.

My Thoughts: Oh boy. Thrilling main event and great ending. Overall I enjoyed how one stable opened up the show and one stable finished it off. Tastic looks even stronger than before and whoever takes the title off of him will have a major chip on their shoulders. The Elite look ready to burst at the seams which is great television. It was a great show that definitely gets everyone ready for the next one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Old 08-15-2015, 08:55 PM
You talkin' to me?
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

John McCass scored a win over Santino Marella...John McCass scored a win over Santino Marella...John McCass scored a win over Santino Marella...John McCass scored a win over Santino Marella...John McCass scored a win over Santino Marella...John McCass scored a win over Santino Marella...John McCass scored a win over Santino Marella...John McCass scored a win over Santino Marella...John McCass scored a win over Santino Marella...John McCass scored a win over Santino Marella...John McCass scored a win over Santino Marella...

Since, you guys are now offering feedbacks. It's our job too to review the shows. So, here is my Meltdown 121 review.

Vance Bateman opening the show was good. It always is as it ensures something big is to happen. The promo was well written. Although, I don't think the crowd will remain silent for the departure of any wrestler. I didn't like the idea of World Title being defended in a World Title match. A one-on-one match is always better. Theron was the obvious choice too. He defeated Slaughter and thus making himself the #1 contender. Overall, the opening segment was good.

Rating: 7/10

Noah Ryder vs. John Doe

This was a really good back-and-forth match which solidified John Doe as a tough guy despite the fact he lost. Ryder has been booked very well too because, Showtime is one hell of a writer. It solidified Noah as an underdog too. Both men are looking pretty good heading into Lethal Lottery.

Rating: ***1/2

Scumm's promo was really cool. He looked like an arrogant jerk which is exactly how his character is. Becky Serra's involvement will be nice to watch/read.

Max Steele vs. Armando Paradyse

Here comes the controversial part. Pancake has left and thus, abandoning Max Steele. It really makes me sad that he left on such a bad note. This was a squash match as I expected this to be. Ryder's RP made this pretty clear. What's more frustrating is that you had something planned for him.

I have always been a fan of face vs face storyline where both of the guys involved have a hell lot of respect for each other. So, this was good.

That interview was good, not better. There was something, not sure what exactly, I didn't like. This was the similar to a promo Garth Black did a few weeks ago.

elegANT vs. Chris KO

As I said, I like face vs face matches. This was no different. This was good for what it was. A short match similar to elegANT's promo.

Rating: **1/2

Garth Black vs. Johnny Scumm

Had Tastycles been more active, this feud could've been gold. I liked this mini feud. This match was really really awesome and the controversial ending added to the feud. Eager for the final match.

Rating: ****

Eve Taylor is such a b*tch. She always tries to curry favour wherever she is about to gain something. James Howard is a lone wolf. I'll cheer him. The main event was well built up in the short promo.

Cerberus vs. James Howard and Live Mas

Chaos ensued and this turned into a brawl. I wanted to see Live Mas double team James Howard. It was about to happen until Cerberus interfered. The main event was awesome despite being a no contest.

Overall: The main event and Black vs. Scumm rocked. This show was good but, was written hastily which hurt the show.

7.5/10
Old 08-16-2015, 12:05 AM
You talkin' to me?
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

John McCass scored a win over Santino Marella...John McCass scored a win over Santino Marella...John McCass scored a win over Santino Marella...John McCass scored a win over Santino Marella...John McCass scored a win over Santino Marella...John McCass scored a win over Santino Marella...John McCass scored a win over Santino Marella...John McCass scored a win over Santino Marella...John McCass scored a win over Santino Marella...John McCass scored a win over Santino Marella...John McCass scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassaNova View Post
I didn't like the idea of World Title being defended in a Lethal Lottery match.
Fixed. Wrote it by mistake. One more thing I'd like to add is that there is no need to post the shows hastily. You could have taken your time. The show was overall good. I would review Ascension 97 too if I get enough time to.

Last edited by John McCass : 08-16-2015 at 12:09 AM.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:41 AM
It's goin' down forreal!
WWE Diva's Champion

JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...JamJam is getting some looks on Smackdown...

General Thoughts

I know I'm not in the fed right now but by now, I'm pretty much all caught up with what's been going down. I probably won't comment too much on the content of the shows since they're fine but I'll probably comment more on how the shows are structured.

First, I'd like to comment on all the characters in the fed. I gotta say, I'm loving it. I'm not sure who posted something about this but I think it was Kermit when he said he pretty much booked the shows according to the characters. He obviously paired up guys like Ryder vs. Doe and Alhazred vs. Xavier since they're so similar and I thought that was awesome. The characters in the fed right now have been awesome and it's good to see the fed grow again after the numbers dwindled down to a single roster page before.

Now onto the shows. I know some characters have custom video for their entrances but I believe the majority of the roster don't have one, so have you guys (creative) ever thought of not posting videos for an entrance? Was just wondering about this. I personally don't EVER play the videos when reading the show. Maybe just put the title of the song in this format --> *INSERT TITLE OF SONG*

Second, how about commercial breaks? Instead of posting xxxxxxxx then starting a new segment below it. It's very awkward every time I see "xxxxxxx" then a new segment begins. Like, what happened? Did the show take a break or something?

Third, how about positing the show in one color with the description and description matches being in black or something to really go well with whatever color you guys choose. For example, Raw and Smackdown's primary colors are red and blue. Have the person speaking and dialogue be in red with the person speaking being bolded so that it's separated from the dialogue. Then have the description be in italics or something. I'll try and format a segment of the show into how I'd do it.

-----

Anderson: The following contest is scheduled for one fall!

*SACRAMENT OF WILDNERNESS*

Anderson: Introducing first, from Stephenville, Texas, weighing in at 190lbs, The Warblade of Mystra, Theron Daggershield!

Theron walks onto the stage to a series of heavy cheers. Red, yellow, blue, green, and purple lights flash throughout the arena as Theron takes off his sunglasses and gives them to a fan in the front row. He climbs into the ring and rolls his d20, before he strikes a pose to pop the fans again.

Connor: So Theron will be looking to build some momentum heading into his World Title match at Lethal Lottery.

Cohen: Don't count on it. I have never seen someone so undeserving as Theron. Abel will get it done tonight.

*FIFTH SYMPHONY*

Anderson: And his opponent, from Dead Horse, Alaska, weighing 267 pounds, Abel Hunnicutt!

A spotlight shines down as Beethoven blasts out and Steven Holmes enters first, complete with cane. He signals at the entrance way where the music turns to The Immigrant Song. Then Hunnicutt emerges, a sneering smirk on his face. He marches to the ring, following Holmes before overtaking him to hold the ring ropes open for his master. He then enters by stepping over the top ropes and bows to the crowd as Holmes presents him.

Connor: Few men are as evil as Steven Holmes, but we may have one here in Abel Hunnicutt.

Cohen: Coming off a big debut win, Abel will continue to roll here tonight. Mark my words.

Referee Elizabeth Prince is in charge of the action and goes over last minute instructions before she calls for the bell.

*DING! DING! DING!*

Abel slowly makes his way to the center of the ring. Theron circles around him. Each time Abel tries to grab hold of Theron, the quicker Theron ducks out of the way. The Warblade fires off kicks to the back of the legs as he circles, trying to chop the big man down. He gets him down to a knee and goes for a tie up. He works to a side headlock, but Abel shows impressive strength by lifting Theron and slamming him with a back suplex out of the headlock. Theron is quickly back to his feet, and fires off a couple of rights and lefts, but they do little damage to Abel, who shrugs them off. Instead, Abel grabs Theron around the neck and tosses him into the nearest corner. He begins to unload with a series of hard fists and forearms, causing Theron to cover up and the ref to step in and utilize her five count. Abel jaws at the ref a little, prompting Steven Holmes to order him out of the ring. Abel Connects with a big uppercut, dropping Theron, before he climbs out of the ring and is lectured by Holmes.

Cohen: That is right Steven, give him some pointers.

Connor: He is in control thus far, so taking a break may be unwise.

As Abel and Holmes talk shop on the outside, the ref is counting and Theron is stirring. He gets to his feet and looks around. He climbs the turnbuckle as his opponent has his back turned. He leaps and crashes down with a crossbody onto both Holmes and Hunnicutt!

Connor: What a big risk move by Theron.

Cohen: How dare he leap onto a defenseless man!

The ref is at a count of seven as Theron uses all of his strength to haul Abel to his feet and roll him back into the ring. Once inside he leaps high into the air and drops an elbow onto Abel. He attempts a cover.
One!
And Abel simply throws Theron off of him. The impressive strength shocks Theron, who scrambles to hit feet. He fires off quick kicks to the midsection of Abel as he tries to stand. Once he is on his feet, Theron hits the ropes and connects with a flying chop. I staggers Abel, but he doesn't go down. The Warblade hits the ropes again, and a second flying chop still doesn't put the big man down. Theron comes off the ropes a third time, but a big boot puts him on the canvas. The crowd boos as Steven Holmes applauds from ringside and Abel raises his arms. He drags Theron to his feet and Irish whips him across the ring. Abel then hits the opposite ropes and charges and connects with running double axehandle. Theron collapses and Abel follows up with a pointed elbow drop. He then connects with a second, and a third, and a fourth, and a fifth! Five consecutive elbow drops. Instead of a cover, Holmes orders him to drop another elbow, but this time from the second rope. Abel climbs to the second rope and launches for the elbow, but Theron rolls out of the way. Both men are down, but Theron is crawling toward the ropes and pulls himself to his feet. He runs and connects with a dropkick to Abel. The big man does his best to shrug it off, but Theron connects with a second dropkick putting the big man down. With Holmes going nuts on the outside and the crowd coming alive, Theron climbs to the top rope and calls for a moonsault.

*PIANO*

Connor: What is Constantine doing out here?

Cohen: I'm sure he is just scouting his Lethal Lottery opponent.

Constantine makes his way to the ring and climbs onto the apron. Theron turns his eyes to Constantine and kicks him off the apron. He then points to him and launches the moonsault, only to be caught upside down by Abel, who drops him on his head with the World's End! He hooks a leg.
One!
Two!
Three! Constantine smiles from ringside as Holmes climbs into the ring and raises the hand of his fighter.

Winner: Abel Hunnicutt @ 8:21

Connor: Constantine just cost Theron a victory!

Cohen: You can't say that. Abel was in control most of the match, and Theron took his eyes off the prize. Some title contender he is.

After the match, Constantine slowly makes his way into the ring. He begins to stomp away at the downed Theron. He pulls him to his feet and tries to hit a big right hand, but Theron blocks and fires off quick shots and Irish whips Constantine into the ropes. Off the rebound he looks for the Critical Hit, but Constantine slips out and rolls outside the ring. Theron tries to give chase but the lights in the arena go out. As they come back, Constantine is nowhere to be seen and the camera zooms in on a frustrated looking Theron as we go to commercial.

-----

So yeah, how about something like that?

Also, there's something else that I've noticed that's been happening on the shows a lot more. When a wrestler has a segment, that usually means that their match is up next. But personally, I think this is the wrong move and I'll explain why. Again, it might be the "xxxxxx" stuff you guys do to space the shows out but it's just a little awkward to read when Logan bumped into Titus and Everest then xxxxxx. Moments later, he's out for his match. As a reader, it's kind of a weird transition when I read it. Why not have a segment then the match that proceeds it doesn't involve the people in the segment earlier? I just noticed that it's happened a bit more than usual so yeah, just wanted to point that out.

Lastly, I really didn't want to point this one out but it's become painfully evident in the RPs I've read in each round. And yes, I do try my best to read each and every RP each round. But it seems that every RP I've read, it's an interview RP. Now, interview RPs aren't bad but when interview RPs are the norm and it seems to be the trick to win titles (again, not a shot at anyone), then I think it's become a little problem. Yes, interview RPs are pretty standard and can work well sometimes but that can't be your RP every single round. Every round, there's an interview RP from someone. I think the RPers in the fed are very talented, don't get me wrong. So it's pretty disappointing to see when interview RPs pop up. Like I said, everyone in the fed is talented in writing, so I'm sure there are other ideas out there that people can do in their RPs.

But overall, I think the fed is in a really good place. Despite the criticisms I've said above, the fed is definitely booming. Even that time when the roster page was one, it was filled with quality writers. I really hope to be back in WZCW soon when time allows it. WZCW is a really fun place to be in. That's the point of WZCW really, to have fun. You guys keep rocking!
Old 08-16-2015, 09:12 AM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Constructive Criticism time.

Normally I am not one to nitpick, but I had a problem with the way Theron was written this round. So to the writer of the opening segment this is primarily a note for you however I address the whole team so that this does not happen again. Please do not take this as me being upset, I am not.... but as stated in the thread from yesterday, if you guys do not know when something went wrong, you wouldn't know it needed improvement.

This is not how Theron should be written. He believes he is his Dungeons & Dragons character. He never ever calls WZCW by its actual name. Theron is unaware that WZCW in its "real" form even exists. He calls it the World Gladiatorial Combat Federation or WGCF for short. Another problem is that Theron called Constantine and Dorian by their real names. Theron does not live in reality so unlike the rest of us he sees everyone as elves, dwarves, and other D&D races. Constantine and Dorian are gladiators named Kaiser and Deangelo Genocide respectively, in Theron's "reality".

Here is an idea of how it should have looked.

Quote:
The crowd cheers their approval as The Warblade makes his way onto the stage. He waves to the fans before he walks to the ring and requests a mic from a ringside tech.

Theron: Thank you everyone. It is great to be in a land with such a rich history of fierce warriors like Wheloon.

Cheap pop city as the crowd goes wild.

Theron: I just want to thank everyone for believing in me and willing me to this World Title opportunity. I am eternally grateful to the World Gladiatorial Combat Federation for allowing me to prove my skills at the Risky Raffle against Kaiser for the biggest prize a gladiator could seek. There is no greater test for the warriors of our sport than to enter battle for the World Gladiatorial Heavyweight Championship!

The crowd continues to cheer.

THERON! THERON! THERON!

Theron: I only wish that I could have challenged the Dread Necromancer, Deangelo Genocide, for the title. He was a fierce champion on the battlefield, who I was unable to save. Despite our differing views, Deangelo deserved better than a cheap attack from Kaiser.

Almost on cue, Constantine shows up on stage, with a mic in his hand.

Constantine: Theron, Theron, Theron. You just don't get it do you? Dorian was an obstacle in my path. I had no choice but to eliminate him.

Theron: He deserved better, Kaiser!

Constantine: You know, he did. A man of Dorian's caliber deserved better than for me to unceremoniously kick his ass and send him to the inured list. In time, he would have been eliminated properly, according to my plan. But you had to step in and screw it all up. You got in my way Theron. Not only did you get in the way of me destroying The Elite, but now you are in the way of me getting my World Title back. I have no choice but to get rid of you the same way I got rid of Dorian and Ty.

With that Constantine tosses the mic and begins to slowly advance upon the ring. Theron readies for a fight, only for familiar music to hit.

The above was how I would have written Theron in that segment. Perhaps also have Constantine react to Theron calling him Kaiser. I loved for instance when Cerberus mocked Theron for calling Flex "Frank Physique" during The Crusade angle. Theron has a D&D name for everyone, so anytime he has a promo with someone else it is a perfect opportunity for heels to make a rude remark and for faces to embrace the thought of being seen as a great warrior or a powerful wizard. Usually you guys write Theron quite well. This was a big step back to the days where Kermit and others felt there was a disconnect between my RP's and the shows. This time I saw said disconnect myself. I wouldn't expect creative to know about Wheloon or what other D&D regions are called, so at the end of the day Theron calling a city by its real name is not that big of a deal as you guys have bigger priorities in piecing together a show. Theron suddenly knowing the true identities of opponents and the fed, however, was a problem. The way you guys wrote him during The Crusade angle or the Chris KO feud was exactly how it should have been done, he spoke in those segments just as he does in the RP's and it stayed true to how he sees the world.

On a related note.... I kept this next comment to myself as it was only a minor detail but it did also bother me that Theron cursed at the Roulette Round shows. Minor detail that I otherwise swept under the rug, but that was also something I would like to ask not happen again.

The shows were good this round, so please do not take this as an attack. It's not. I only want the quality to keep going up as we have entered such an important time of the year for the fed. I felt the need to point this out so that you guys know when something did in fact go wrong. Theron never calls the fed or his opponents by their "real" names. If you guys ever need to know what Theron calls someone, just PM me. A couple of creative members have done that before and it resulted in excellent segments. I really need to compile a list of common Theron'isms someday and put it in a thread somewhere for the whole fed to enjoy and/or draw material from if needed.

Keep up the great work guys. Your much deserved rep is coming later today for your continued good work on the shows you voluntarily create for us. Thank you for the world title opportunity and thank you for the large amounts of your spare time you dedicate to writing for us.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:53 AM
Yaz ain't enough, I need Fluttershy
WWE Women's Champion

Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...Con T. is going to make some noise in the draft...

Meltdown and Ascension thoughts

Full Disclaimer: I'm not going to bother really worrying and critiquing the transitions between matches, and the more technical aspects of the shows. There were errors, but frankly, I'm sure that had more to do with the personal issues, and nothing more. Usually, when you have real life situations impacting shows, transitions between matches tend to be the first thing that get dropped, because it's really hard to communicate with another, and you know you want to get the show out there for everyone to see. So, yes, there were a few technical issues, but nothing I think would be too problematic past this round. So, I'll just focus in on the goods and the bads, and just offer what was done well. There was more positive than negative, but I'll try to balance them out.

Pro: Ty Burna is in the HOF

This was an excellent choice, and I think we can all agree this was a unanimous choice, by all the members of the fed and by creative. It was treated as a big deal, and right off the bat, we know who's inducted, and why he was so pivotal to the fed. This should be treated as a big deal, and it was the right thing to do to get Ty to that HOF.

Con: Missed chance at a Ty promo

Ty is also coming back next week, along with ECD. This could have been the chance to give Ty some mic time, and maybe even build to the next match. Maybe have Fallout, or MoM, interrupt Ty Burna during his big Hall of Fame speech...Or, actually, Titus could work, too. Having Titus come out and ruin Ty's big return promo (especially since his match was next) is great heel heat, but it also reminds people that, yes, Ty is not only going in to the Hall of Fame, he's also actively competing next week. Next week is the return of Ty and ECD; that should be a big deal, too.

Pro: There seemed to be a concerted effort to get newer guys promo time

I can't say how much that really helps. With newer guys, it can be really hard to get screen time aside from your match, and you can get lost in the shuffle. I really appreciated that creative seemed to want to push new guys into promo time. And it wasn't just a blurb; Galucci got a good amount of time to get over his character, and give some ideas for the character.

Con: No Theron coronation

I was a little surprised to see Theron didn't get a coronation promo for his title win. Though they did replay the title win, both Meltdown and Ascension started with Vance (and Becky. I feel like there was a great chance for Theron to celebrate his win, and Titus to (again) interrupt Theron Daggershield, and get some more heel heat.

That said, Zeus wound up looking really strong, and getting a lot of airtime, which I thank you for. I think he closed out both shows on top, which builds him up as this monstrosity now. But I think Theron could have used the opening promo of Meltdown to celebrate his victory.

Pro: The return of count outs and DQ's!!!!!!

Yes, not every match needs to end via DQ and count out, and we need clean victories. But here, we had count out victories and DQ victories that enhance characters, and further stories.

Titus wins by dastardly pretending Theron did something illegal, and gets away with it. Great!

Jonny Scumm plays the heel champion and gets counted out, to preserve getting beat. Great!

These results not only let us know who won, they also preserve the characters who lost, while influencing the characters that won. And now, Titus can use that he beat both members of the Kingdom Come main event, and he becomes a heel who is right. The very best kind of heel; that heel who is an asshole, but is also right in what he says. Meanwhile, Theron, the new champion, probably shouldn't be getting cleanly beaten his first match as champion. This preserves the character.

Pro: We have guest writers going above and beyond the call of duty.

My favorite match of the week (which I'm normally biased to, and KJ does great stuff with Zeus matches), was actually Eve/Ramparte VS MoM. It had a great psychology to it, and it really did tease the blowup of Cerberus perfectly. NSL has already gone way and above in offering feedback for RP's, and I still owe him feedback. But that match, if you really look it over, had so much great psychology to it. This was the angle that also never forgot it was a match; so many times, you see matches that are really just angles.

Abel and Garth was great, too, and the nice little touches (like Garth saying he said he would win) are great tie backs to the RP. Flex and Showtime was pretty good, though admittedly a bit short. But K Web V3 seemed to really get the psychology of the match down, and tease what we would see on Ascension, as well.

I can't say enough for the effort that was put in by NSL, K Web V3, and JAM, who put in Herculean efforts to get this show out there for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
there are occasions where violence against women is the right course of action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I am a bottomless pit of wad.