WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-17-2012, 03:57 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...
Default BREAKING: iMPACT Going LIVE Starting May 31st!

@TNADixie:
Quote:
IMPACT WRESTLING is going Live! this summer http://t.co/wndu9nsl
http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/...-By-Going-LIVE

Quote:
SPIKE TV TAKES HIGHLY RATED SHOW LIVE AND TO 8:00PM/ET BEGINNING THURSDAY, MAY 31st

NASHVILLE, TN - (May 17, 2012) -- TNA IMPACT WRESTLING President Dixie Carter and SPIKE TV President Kevin Kay announce today that the highly-rated “IMPACT WRESTLING” will be going Live! from Universal Studios beginning May 31st and continue through the summer. This announcement coincides with the recently announced new, one-hour earlier time slot change of 8:00-10:00pm/ET every Thursday night beginning May 31st.

“We are excited to take IMPACT WRESTLING Live! all summer long, and have our first Live! summer show launch our new 8:00pm/ET time slot,” says TNA President Dixie Carter. “Summer of 2012 is going to be remembered as the most momentous time in our company's history-to-date. Stay tuned."
--

HUGE NEWS! All discussion here!

Please remember this is still a NO-SPAM section, so your answers will still require substance and reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-17-2012, 04:05 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Olan is looking to come up from OCW...Olan is looking to come up from OCW...

I think it is a very good move on TNA's part. This will hopefully create more interest in them.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-17-2012, 04:07 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...closet_fan is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olan View Post
I think it is a very good move on TNA's part. This will hopefully create more interest in them.
Going live isn't going to improve the product other than people not knowing what will happen because of spoilers. It's a good thing to try again, but I doubt it lasts into the Fall.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-17-2012, 04:07 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

This will undoubtedly result in a better reaction to the product, because it's known fact that dozens of users here (and that's only here — not accounting for what could be hundreds or thousands NOT here) admit to ONLY watching TNA after reading the spoiler results that either pique or fail to pique their interest. They no longer will have that luxury, which means if they care at all what happens on iMPACT or in TNA/IW, they will have to watch it live, the same way they do RAW every week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-17-2012, 04:20 PM
3 Time Elite Openweight Champion
Million Dollar Champion

The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Phenomenal Matrix is getting some looks on Smackdown...

i think this is good news it will probably help the ratings sense fans cant just read the spoilers they will have to watch the show to see the results. i just hope they stay live i always hated how they taped 2 episodes at a time
Old 05-17-2012, 04:21 PM

Olan is looking to come up from OCW...Olan is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by closet_fan View Post
Going live isn't going to improve the product other than people not knowing what will happen because of spoilers. It's a good thing to try again, but I doubt it lasts into the Fall.
Maybe unpopular but I am not one that thinks the product is bad. Is it great? No. Do they have problems? Yes. But in the end I think there is more good with TNA than bad. Many weeks I like it better than the E. Is going live going to suddenly catapult them into the E realm? No. But I do think this is a good move by TNA
sendpm.gif
Old 05-17-2012, 04:37 PM

yur_momma is a member of the JOB SQUAD

*yawn*
yet another thread full of tna optimism and posts like "this is great for tna" and how its going to do great things for them.

just close the thread now and add it to the rest of the "tna changing forever" threads. like the ones about tna going on the road. how long did that last? wow, that did epic things for the company didnt it! or signing christian. or angle. or hogan/bischoff. or the cross promotion with mexico. or the monday night move. the ecw "invasion" (where yet again dixie tweeted things will change forever...then debuts tommy dreamer LOL). or 10/10/10 was going to change things forever. LMAO. all did NOTHING to increase ratings or revenue in any significant manner. in fact, most of it made them look silly and desperate.

this isnt good news and is going to do zero for the company. if no one watches it now, no one will watch live either. my god, how awful is it going to be without all the editing that takes place on taped shows?? how many times in the spoilers have you seen that something got retaped in front of the crowd?? their ppv's always come off sloppy, full of botches or drugged up main eventers or just plain "scrath your head in wonder" moments. need a recent example: anderson/hardy finish at the last ppv. if that were a taped impact they could and surely would have fixed it before airing. cant do that live.

at least when vince owns the tna library he can make a dvd of all the failed game-changers tna had LOL.....id buy it.

and now, since this is the internet, most especially WZ, i expect a post bashing me instead of staying on topic. have fun!

Last edited by yur_momma : 05-17-2012 at 04:55 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-17-2012, 04:45 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

It's something that had to happen eventually. The part where it mentions that the show will be going live through the summer definitely sounds like this is going to be a trial run. If ratings don't improve in the long run, however, I don't expect it to last. It's more expensive to put on a live broadcast so the extra money spent won't be worth it to the honchos at Spike if TNA can't deliver the goods ratings wise.

According to one of Hogan's blusterous comments a few months back, going live will fix 75% of TNA's problems, so we'll just have to wait and see. Otherwise, Hogan will have to think of some other way to spin things.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 05-17-2012, 04:56 PM

WowWowTubby is looking to come up from OCW...

Let me preface this by saying I don't watch TNA regularly. It's not a matter of like or dislike, I just don't care to watch something when I can just read what happened. I do watch RAW every Monday night but don't watch Smackdown for the same reasons.

This would have been a great idea if they started this in the fall or winter. The problem is that viewership is naturally going to be lower for both products because hell, it's the summer. Yes, the diehards are still going to watch but I don't think it's going to increase ratings. They're probably going to decrease.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-17-2012, 05:16 PM

Weems2k is looking to come up from OCW...Weems2k is looking to come up from OCW...

Since production costs are higher going live, apparently TNA is still doing great financially; despite what all the IWC/Vince Humpers claim to say. Hopefully this will lead to more shows outside of the Idiot Zone, and around the country. By the way, how's that genius Paul Heyman doing over at The E?...hmmmmm
sendpm.gif