WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-12-2012, 05:42 PM

Rjw2688 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Idea to unify WWE and World Championships

I believe like most people, that there should only be One Main tittle in the WWE. With a lot of superstars jumping back and forth on Smackdown and Raw and the rumors of the brand splits being done especially with John Laurinaitis running both shows, I believe that WWE may finally be on track to unify the belts. This is my idea of how they should do it.

Have Punk and Jericho both win at Over the Limit. This can have Jericho's return not be wasted and can pick up on the best of the world/ end of the world as we know it angle. Jericho can start running at the mouth of how his win of the WHC proves he is the best. Which can make for a Unify title match at say No Way Out or Money In The Bank. I know Jericho will be leaving sometime around Sumer Slam but WWE still has enough time to make that storyline work and not waste Jericho's return. I say have them fight at No Way Out and have Jericho win to unify the titles. Proving that it is indeed the end of the world as we know it...

Also a way they can have Jericho lose the tittle and write him off to leave the WWE this time is to have Lesner come in and destroy him. I know heel on heels are rarely ever used but if Lesner is going to legitimize the WWE he needs to destroy that locker room, faces and heels. He can beat down Jericho so bad that he leaves the WWE again which can start a monstrous reign by Brock. You can even do a triple threat with Brock Y2J and Punk at this point so its not just Heel vs Heel

Thought and Ideas? Do you think its possible that WWE could Unify the belts this way?
sendpm.gif
Old 05-12-2012, 06:08 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Firstly, all in all, I don't see Jericho's return as being wasted at all. His program with Punk was overshadowed by Cena vs. Rock because, quite frankly, Rock & Cena are both bigger stars than Punk and Jericho at this time. It got more attention because it was the bigger money match. I know that people are in a rush for WWE to declare CM Punk the face of WWE but it's not going to happen overnight. Cena has shown night after night, week after week, month after month and year after year why he's the top guy in WWE. I'm not saying that Punk can't be, but it'll take a good amount of time. Cena didn't become THE guy in a few months or even a couple of years. I think that Punk & Jericho have delivered an overall solid program that's given us some legitimate match of the year candidates. I agree that it wasn't an epic feud that set new standards for feuds like some hoped, no matter how unrealistic some of those visions might have been, but Jericho's return certainly hasn't been "a waste". It's resulted in some fantastic matches with Punk and now Jericho is helping to put some life into the WHC picture because, let's face it, Del Rio can't get it done on his own right now.

It's an interesting idea for unifying the titles, but that's probably not gonna happen anytime soon. It's true that the brand exclusivity aspect of WWE is virtually dead right now. There's even been serious talks of not even doing the WWE Draft because, realistically, it serves no real purpose now. If WWE is going to unify the titles, I don't see it happening unless it takes place at a WrestleMania. I do think that it will happen at some point down the line, but not anytime soon. Taking the title off Sheamus right now probably isn't in the cards either. While I'm not into Sheamus as a face nearly as much as I am when he's a heel, Sheamus still does good work. He works hard and he's certainly shown over the past few years that he belongs in the main event spot. If anything, I see the match next Sunday as a prelude to a Sheamus vs. Orton feud that will culminate at SummerSlam.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 05-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Ol'Canucklehead is looking to come up from OCW...Ol'Canucklehead is looking to come up from OCW...Ol'Canucklehead is looking to come up from OCW...Ol'Canucklehead is looking to come up from OCW...

Jericho unifying the titles....I don't think that has ever happened before...oh wait it did. Completely unoriginal idea. I think the brand split may come back again seeing as though there will be a draft soon. After Big Johnny Laryngitis gets fired and there are new GM's in place. I am however not against unifying the titles but it needs to be done right. Unfortunately I don't see it in anything other then another tournament or something cheesy like Rock/Cena II at next years Mania with each holding a title.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Oasis Rule the World.

2Sweet_4Life is looking to come up from OCW...

I think they should just make raw 3 hours and have SD! a 1 1/2 hour supporting show like in the atttitude era. Then i would have Y2J beat sheamus, Then Y2J vs Punk III- Punk wins and redesigns the belt like he promised and Y2J leaves for a bit and punk goes over to signify him as the 'guy'.

& Oasis are the best band of all time, you fookers.
And The Beatles,The Stone Roses, The Smiths are pretty fookin cool.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-12-2012, 06:51 PM

HeartStingerJericho is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via Skype™ to HeartStingerJericho

Even if they don't end the brand extension, the two titles need to be unified. I am a fan of a brand split simply because it gives WWE reason to bring up more talent and it creates more jobs, in theory anyway. I hope there is no draft this year and that somewhere along the line Lesnar win the World Heavyweight at Survivor Series and The Rock win the WWE Title at the Royal Rumble ppv. Then have the stipulation where everyone, including Champions can enter the Rumble. Have Lesnar win that and then challenge The Rock at Wrestlemania, have it title for title. That would be the money match. I know that they don't need the titles but to have the titles be the reason these two titans fight would make the belts mean something.

That said, I think that the main titles are the only ones that should be unified if they continue with the brand extension. Let the IC and U.S. titles be the brand champions to give them credibility once again.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-12-2012, 07:12 PM
The Sensational One

JaceEvans is looking to come up from OCW...JaceEvans is looking to come up from OCW...

I guess I'm on a island here with my opinion of how the two titles should stay separate.

There's just more reasons to have the two titles I mean the WHC is obviously the "B" title we all know that, but it's still useful as a means of building up superstars who are not yet ready for the WWE "A" title, plus it also gives wwe superstars something to feud with, just imagine no WHC title and a main event so crowded that only the top few draws would get a push.

I'm also in favor of the brand split, I like the idea of two shows, I of course like many would wish that Smackdown be live and three hours to put it on par with Raw but it's not completely necessary. So in short no I don't believe that wwe would unify the titles because it just doesn't make sense.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:17 PM

RKO920 is looking to come up from OCW...RKO920 is looking to come up from OCW...

I agree with the fact that Jericho's run hasn't been a waste but what I disagree with is the notion that the titles need to be unified. They don't. Having two titles has helped create more main event players then there would have been if there was just the WWE Title. If there's only one title then you can bet the same rotation of guys will be in the title picture. CM Punk, Cena, Orton, Jericho (til he leaves), Lesnar (when he's around), Sheamus, and Del Rio. After that you lose guys like Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, Mark Henry, and keep a guy like Cody Rhodes down in the midcard level for a lot longer than he should be down there.

The "Brand Extension" isn't exactly dead its just that Smackdown superstars are featured on Raw because they figure the more stars they have on Raw every week the higher the ratings, which isn't necessarily the case. Smackdown may get visits from Punk, Jericho, and a few other Raw stars but for the most part Smackdown is left alone as its own show. Unless you're gonna tell me that the shows will stay separate if theres a unified title then I'd be ok with that. In that case there would be a greater emphasis on number 1 contender matchups at PPVs you would know title matchups at least a month in advance instead of 2 weeks before.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-12-2012, 08:20 PM

WRESTLING_GENIUS is looking to come up from OCW...

I disagree with Jericho winning the unifed belt, if anyone should win the unified titles its Punk, and it shouldnt happen til Wrestlemania 30 as I rhink by then we will be in a new age of Superstars and when i say this there will be no more H.H.H, Undertaker, Chris Jericho, HBK, Brock, The Rock, Austin, and even Cena will be limited at this time, meaning after 30 we will have one title and new faces fighting for that title, and more actual wrestling then entertainment, good idea though but the titles aint getting unified for 2 more yrs, giving time for guys like Dolph, Wade, Jack, Cody, Ted, Tyson, Brodus, SinCara(if he stays around) and others to get p in the main event before everyone is gone forever...

Credit to Mr.Awesome! for Sig.....
sendpm.gif
Old 05-12-2012, 11:37 PM
WZCW's Brent Blaze
Knockout Champion

IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...

John Cena should become WWE Champion soon. Randy Orton should become World Champion at OTL. Then, Jericho should beat them both on the same night to become the Undisputed Champion! He could beat the companies top 2 guys, just like before. Just think, during all Jericho's future returns, he can brag about beating Rock and Austin and beating Cena and Orton!

Yeah, but seriously, I not against having two main titles. When you have as much time and superstars as WWE has, it doesn't hurt to have two big time titles.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-13-2012, 01:48 AM
Future Endeavored
Knockout Champion

ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...

WWE should not unify the World Heavyweight Championship and WWE Championship. Two world titles are better than one.

If they unify the titles many guys the IWC loves will never be World Champions.