WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > WZ End of Year Awards > 2015 Wrestling Awards
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Match of the Year
Prince Puma vs. Johnny Mundo - All Night Long 6 7.06%
John Cena vs. Seth Rollins vs. Brock Lesnar - Royal Rumble 36 42.35%
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kota Ibushi - Wrestle Kingdom 7 8.24%
Bayley vs. Sasha Banks - Takeover: Respect 6 7.06%
Cesaro vs. John Cena - Raw - July 6 2 2.35%
Pentagon Jr. vs. Vampiro - Ultima Lucha 1 1.18%
New Day vs. Lucha Dragons vs. Usos - TLC 1 1.18%
Finn Balor vs. Samoa Joe - Takeover: London 0 0%
Bayley vs. Sasha Banks - Takeover: Brooklyn 23 27.06%
Sami Zayn vs. Neville - Takeover: R-Evolution 3 3.53%
Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens - Takeover: Rival 0 0%
Fenix vs. Mil Muertes - Grave Consequences 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2016, 07:21 PM
Fuck erbody but me
X-Division Champion

Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via MSN to Nate DaMac

Having both Banks vs. Bayley matches on here is going to work against them. I personally enjoyed the Respect match over the Brooklyn match but it's not getting as much love so I'll give my vote to the one more likely to win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
I'm not big on the ethnic groups.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 07:32 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

Tough call for me between Brock/Cena/Rollins and Bayley/Banks in Brooklyn, but I go with the latter. Honestly, I think the Triple threat is one of the best matches of all time, but up until Brooklyn, I had still been a skeptic about women's wrestling's potential in WWE. Yes, even after great NXT matches like Banks/Becky or Charlotte/Natty, I was skeptical. What fool I was.

Bayley vs Sasha Banks makes me believe a WWE PPV could be main evented by a women's match within the next five years. That's magic.

Also, I hate to be that guy, but Takeover R Evolution was last year, dq'ing Sami vs Neville from this list. I'm glad it was 2014, though, as Major Show of the Year was a hard enough category.

No. No one else misses Rybaxel
Old 01-01-2016, 07:52 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion

Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

Only one match on this list captured what their promotion is all about, and that is Puma vs Mundo All Night Long. It may not have been a technical masterpiece, but I dare you to find a match that better represents what Lucha Underground is all about that Puma and Mundo going for an hour, fighting all over the temple. You had classic brawling, chain wrestling, high spots, hardcore wrestling, drama, classic heel work by Mundo, the classic face comeback for Puma. It was everything you could want in a wrestling match, and deserves to be match of the year.

Plus it didn't have heel wrestlers using face moves to pop the crowd, unlike some other so called match of the year candidates.
Old 01-02-2016, 02:54 AM
Sally Section
Mr. Money in the Bank

Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...

People are free to argue that Sasha/Bailey wasn't the best match of the year, because what would the internet be without people who were just plain wrong?
Old 01-02-2016, 11:56 AM
Rear Naked Bloke
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate DaMac View Post
Having both Banks vs. Bayley matches on here is going to work against them. I personally enjoyed the Respect match over the Brooklyn match but it's not getting as much love so I'll give my vote to the one more likely to win.
The iron man match was a wonderful sequel - and, as you might have seen me say elsewhere, a sequel and not a retread - but it lacks the impact of the original, nor could one really say it was better in a vacuum. It's still an absolutely tremendous match that people should watch.

Rarely have I felt as irritated as a fan as when Stephanie McMahon came out at TakeOver Brooklyn and said the The Boss and Bayley were the main event. No, Stephanie, they weren't. They deserved to be, and they were about to prove it ten times over, but they weren't. The main event that night was a so-so ladder match between Kevin Owens and Finn Balor; a decent match but not an all-time classic like that which preceded it.

It was tempting to sit in front of The Boss versus Bayley in Brooklyn for my third rewatch with a pen and paper and then type on here, blow-by-blow, why it was so brilliant, though it's easy to see that becoming tedious for the reader. There's not really an aspect of the match I can fault though. From the moment that Sasha Banks rolled in with an entourage to the moment the Four Horsewomen stood in the middle of the ring in tears, there wasn't a moment for the goosebumps to settle. For visuals, I don't think there's one that encapsulates two characters better than Bayley reaching out for the ropes, refusing to give up, and The Boss stomping on her fingers like she's trying to snap them off. You'd expect Bayley to channel Bret Hart (she often does) but when The Boss starting pulling pages out of the Rey Mysterio playbook with an over-the-top-rope plancha over the referee...

I could go on.

And I will.

That finish. That fucking finish. When it looks like Bayley drops The Boss on her fucking neck from six feet up, The Boss stumbles up, dazed-- belly-to-Bayley suplex.

Absolutely, unprecedentedly, breathtakingly phenomenal.

★★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu Papi, KJ View Post
Murdering him was obviously the wrong course of action, but it certainly wasn't unprovoked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat of Doom View Post
No one can be that big of a cunt and obnoxious and be an American.
Quote:
When all else fails, clench.
Old 01-02-2016, 12:00 PM
Rear Naked Bloke

Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu Papi, KJ View Post
Murdering him was obviously the wrong course of action, but it certainly wasn't unprovoked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat of Doom View Post
No one can be that big of a cunt and obnoxious and be an American.
Quote:
When all else fails, clench.
Old 01-02-2016, 12:41 PM
Future Endeavored
Million Dollar Champion

Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sam View Post
Old 01-02-2016, 12:59 PM
Ayatollah of Coca-Cola
WWE Diva's Champion

Dirk is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dirk is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dirk is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dirk is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dirk is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dirk is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dirk is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dirk is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dirk is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dirk is getting some looks on Smackdown...Dirk is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I'm just surprised we don't have an ten-post debate about how AJ Styles vs Nakamura/Okada/Tanahashi/Someothergibberishname was superior to the rest of the world stated as fact by one party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Damn Real! View Post
You can lower your guns. I promise, no one is going to kill you for it.
Old 01-02-2016, 01:06 PM
Future Endeavored
Million Dollar Champion

Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...

Dragon Saga still posts here then?
Old 01-02-2016, 04:17 PM
SHALL WE BEGIN?

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

Well, him and Xfear