WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > General Wrestling Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-05-2017, 09:15 AM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

First of all, I use to be a fan of meltzer mostly because of his name value in the industry but since the mauro story happened, I kinda take what he reports with a grain of salt.

The guy is great when he reports on stuff that he likes before he got great connection on the indys and he more of a fan of the indy and international wrestling then wwe

I think that ever since he was blackball by vince mcmahon in the 80's he decided to hold a grudge against them since wwe doesn't call him anymore to give him privileged info and he's stuck with rumour given to him from guy that know nothing on what really happens inside wwe.

The reason fans pay attention to meltzer is quite simple. He report on stuff they like and blast the stuff they don't like. Case in point, the mauro situation, he was the first one to report that JBL was the one responsible or mauro leaving wwe even if he didn't have any concrete proof of it and the fans bought it because dave is respected within the wrestling community.

Meltzer while respected need to remember that he got a responsibility to report the truth and not based his story on his own opinion and I think that since he's a dirt heet writer and not a real journalist, he doesn't need to verified his source, he just need to print it because it makes for a good story even if it not true. Meltzer is the first true IWC guy and that's not going to change. I miss the time of the apter magazine where you could read about wrestling without exposing everything.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:16 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

The simple answer being that he's the most accurate out there. He isn't perfect just like anyone else isn't. He likes NJPW more. Overrates it. I don't know why. But I don't form an opinion on a wrestler based on him. I don't find match interesting just because he finds it good. But I know that he's someone whom I can rely on most for some reports. Much more than others. That's all.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:16 PM

tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...tdmoon worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Lately I've been reading back issues of Meltzer's Observer and it's fun seeing just how many things he whiffed on, it's real hit and miss. Thing is, I believe that's more accepted among wrestling fans. We understand how difficult it can be to get accurate information about anything in the sport. Even things heard first-hand are often incorrect, if not wildly exaggerated. The whole wrestling business is built with lies and deception and many of his sources may have either incorrect info themselves or their own agenda. It's probably extremely difficult to figure various wrestling rumors with a high degree of accuracy.

Meltzer has been doing this a long time and has thrown a lot of stuff out there. Some of it-maybe even more than any other wrestling journalist-has turned out to be solid, you just have to wade through a lot of wrong shit to get it. I'd say he's probably about as accurate as anybody else and he's been around long enough and been prolific enough with his news that he's gained credibility with many fans. The thing to do is treat any of his rumors or opinions as just that-rumors and opinions, at least until another credible source is found or events prove them correct.

I do agree he has or had an anti-WWF bias. It is especially obvious in his early Observers but many commenters indicate he's toned it down some in more recent years. I can't say, I'm only at about '89 right now.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:36 AM

GuruWithpain is looking to come up from OCW...

Meltzer gains the trust of his audience by giving facts.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:38 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

The fact ia Meltzer is respected by the hardcore audience because he's been doing this for a long time. Also the fact that he anti WWE, anti Hogan and Pro japanese and indy wrestling helps since that what his audience like.

Does he makes mistakes, yes he's human after all and in the newsletter business you can't always trust your source. Just to give you an exemple, he bought into the WWE propaganda about Toni Storm's age and reported she was 21 when in fact she's 26. That's something that Meltzer should have fact check before reporting it. But when he does memorial on dead wrestlers, he's probably one of the best writer in the business.

For, i never was a meltzer fans, i'm not his demographic because i grew up watching WWE and don't necessarily cares too much about match ratings or the number of buys a certain show as done. I love watching sport entertainment and be entertain by a match evenif it's not a technical marvel of a match. i love the babyface and hate the heel and that how i see wrestling or sport entertainment, so Meltzer isn't really my cup of tea. I will listen to him every week on The Law but i take his segment the same way as i take the other guys that do that show, it's there opinion and it won't affect how i think about something. I'm not going to be a sheep thinking that everything Meltzer is saying or writing as the god almighty truth because it's not. It's one guy's opinion and that's all and people that think that Meltzer is reporting facts are just blinded by the fact that he Meltzer.
Old 09-17-2017, 03:45 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Meltzer's latest comments regarding the angle with Vince McMahon and Kevin Owens on SmackDown Live only reinforces the notion that he has a strong bias against WWE and really undermines his own credibility to a degree that I don't think can really be glossed over. Meltzer called it reckless, he even insinuated that Vince has memory problems and that this only made it worse, yet he constantly sings the praises of Strong Style where there numerous incidents of wrestlers being kicked in or dropped on their heads; Katsuyori Shibata's career is over due to a series of really, really stiff headbutts he delivered in a bout earlier this year with Kazuchika Okada; Shibata suffered brain damage and despite the reckless ness showed, Meltzer still named it a 5 star match.

In fairness, I admit that I was a little turned off initially by the thing because of the headbutt, but that was before I went back and watched it again. Owens didn't hit Vince hard, he certainly didn't hit him hard enough to bust him open as Vince had to have bladed before the segment and covered it up with Vaseline or something. In order to bust someone open with a headbutt, you really, really have to lay into someone like we saw Shibata do against Okada.

One thing I will agree with is that it's another example of Vince showing how much of a hypocrite he can be. He's fined some wrestlers as much as $100,000 in the past for violating the blading policy and there are very, very, very few guys on the roster who could get away with blading or delivering any sort of headbutt without getting into trouble and Owens only got away with it this time because Vince was in on it and totally approved it.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 09-18-2017, 03:36 PM
The Future Mr. Kelly Kelly
WWE Diva's Champion

ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via AIM to ztwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post

In fairness, I admit that I was a little turned off initially by the thing because of the headbutt, but that was before I went back and watched it again. Owens didn't hit Vince hard, he certainly didn't hit him hard enough to bust him open as Vince had to have bladed before the segment and covered it up with Vaseline or something. In order to bust someone open with a headbutt, you really, really have to lay into someone like we saw Shibata do against Okada.

One thing I will agree with is that it's another example of Vince showing how much of a hypocrite he can be. He's fined some wrestlers as much as $100,000 in the past for violating the blading policy and there are very, very, very few guys on the roster who could get away with blading or delivering any sort of headbutt without getting into trouble and Owens only got away with it this time because Vince was in on it and totally approved it.
That's not necessarily the case. The skin of an old person is much more soft and brittle than that of a younger person. Vince is 72 (I believe), so he's much more prone to being "busted open". It wouldn't have taken an entirely hard bump to draw blood, and it's not like Vince was gushing. It was just a trickle. Totally possible.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:36 AM
Million Dollar Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
Meltzer's latest comments regarding the angle with Vince McMahon and Kevin Owens on SmackDown Live only reinforces the notion that he has a strong bias against WWE and really undermines his own credibility to a degree that I don't think can really be glossed over. Meltzer called it reckless, he even insinuated that Vince has memory problems and that this only made it worse, yet he constantly sings the praises of Strong Style where there numerous incidents of wrestlers being kicked in or dropped on their heads; Katsuyori Shibata's career is over due to a series of really, really stiff headbutts he delivered in a bout earlier this year with Kazuchika Okada; Shibata suffered brain damage and despite the reckless ness showed, Meltzer still named it a 5 star match.

i also remember him not condoning Shibata or new japan for it and only saying it was sad that this happen when in reality he should have said something about it. Also, i never get how he knows so much about Vince health, really does he talk to vince mcmahon on a regular basis? Do he talk to some of vince closest friend and family on a regular basis? or does he talk with vince's doctor? Really how does he get all the info about WWE and vince's health. I don't know. When you look at that spot they did last week, while kevin really didn't it vince that hard, their no way this was a blade job, it really look like kevin accidently busted him open. I've seen other guys before doing headbutt the same way owens did to vince and they we're able to open their opponent head up without having them go full force. As an exemple, i could use the joe/angle stand off in TNA.

In the end, we all know by now that Meltzer as always been a guy that like technical wrestling over WWE style wrestling, it's been like this since Vince Jr. bought the Company from Vince Sr and fired Meltzer from WWE and pretty much said to everybody to stop giving him information on what was going on within the company. he always had a grudge against them since then. But like i wrote before Fans will follow him because the smart fans do like the same stuff he does so it's easy to take him seriously.

While i do respect him for being able to stay relevant for all these years, i think he's also as a responsibility to wrestling to not be bias and report stuff like it his instead of reporting them bases on his opinion of the situation. That's why i have a big problem taking him seriously now, because he's bias toward everything not WWE. He's o.k. with strong style outside WWE but when WWE does the same thing that every other indy and international promotions does, he's outrage. Either be outrage everytime something like this happen or don't be but you can't be outrage when something like this happen in WWE but not be when it happens in new japan.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:24 PM
Top Guys Out
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...

With the accessibility that social media provides to fans of any sport or form of entertainment today, I'm not really sure why anyone would waste their time asking a mark like Alvarez or Meltzer a question about pro wrestling when you could just as easily ask a Russo, Bischoff, Austin, JR, Prichard, etc using the same forms of communication that you would ask said question to someone who has never really done anything in the business.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:19 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I like podcasts while I work / multi-task and I like pro-wrestling. Different personalities provide different things. I don't listen to Meltzer for predictions or dirt sheet style trash. I listen to Meltzer, because literally no one else I am remotely interested covers his wide range of promotions or is as knowledgeable about it. If you don't like pro-wrestling to the degree where you don't watch beyond sports entertainment and maybe a few selects don't bother listening. It's hasn't been for you for 25+ years. Why would it now?

Watch what you like. If people like Steve Austin and even Vince McMahon already made note of him he already had the weight of his name validated. I get why people like him, but as a personality he has a very niche appeal.