WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-12-2018, 02:23 PM
Knockout Champion

Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...Radical worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
Officially, I don't really care about the ratings mostly because nobody watch tv anymore so most show have low ratings anyway so it doesn't means anything as far as the quality of the show and WWE really don't care about the ratings anymore for the same reason that I just mention. All they need to do is maintain the ratings nears what they are doing and they will the network and sponsors will be happy with it.

The fact is, nobody outside the wrestling media and fans that reads them think that ratings are important. WWE could do a five star program every week and the ratings would be the same because they have their fans and that's the most they could do even if the quality of the show gets better.
I see what your saying, and I actually know that in today's media landscape ratings is becoming a less and less important measure of a show's success, especially in pro wrestling, but there also has to be a bare minimum of ratings or the show could be in trouble it hasn't faced since it started.

The reason I pointed out the RECORD low ratings is that it might be of concern if record lows keep happening. I guess if Raw always kept a 2.0 or better rating they would still get a good TV contract ...

But what if they keep going down? What if next year they are near or below a 1.0 rating? And let's say attendance and Network subscriptions stay relatively similar to where they are now. WWE still needs a TV contract, and a good one, at that. If they had to go to El Ray or Pop Network like Lucha or Impact have to do (starting out) that could not be seen as a positive thing.

I'm not hoping that Raw ratings keep going down, but what I'm wondering is even if WWE has their fans and their fans will stick around no matter what ... but what if those fans stop watching live TV because the show quality is only so-so and they become more casual fans than hardcore fans? I'm just saying, TV ratings still matter enough that if fans stopped watching then WWE would have serious trouble and they would be FORCED to offer a really intense and compelling TV product to get back live TV watchers.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 03:35 PM
WWE European Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical View Post
I see what your saying, and I actually know that in today's media landscape ratings is becoming a less and less important measure of a show's success, especially in pro wrestling, but there also has to be a bare minimum of ratings or the show could be in trouble it hasn't faced since it started.

The reason I pointed out the RECORD low ratings is that it might be of concern if record lows keep happening. I guess if Raw always kept a 2.0 or better rating they would still get a good TV contract ...

But what if they keep going down? What if next year they are near or below a 1.0 rating? And let's say attendance and Network subscriptions stay relatively similar to where they are now. WWE still needs a TV contract, and a good one, at that. If they had to go to El Ray or Pop Network like Lucha or Impact have to do (starting out) that could not be seen as a positive thing.

I'm not hoping that Raw ratings keep going down, but what I'm wondering is even if WWE has their fans and their fans will stick around no matter what ... but what if those fans stop watching live TV because the show quality is only so-so and they become more casual fans than hardcore fans? I'm just saying, TV ratings still matter enough that if fans stopped watching then WWE would have serious trouble and they would be FORCED to offer a really intense and compelling TV product to get back live TV watchers.
They already sign a multi year contract (i think it's for 4 or 5 years i'm not sure) that pays them a lot more money then they already get so right now USA doesn'T seem to cares about the ratings if they pay them almost double what they we're paying them To keep Raw on their network. Also just look at the deal they got for Smackdown, a show that'S doing even worst ratings then Raw, Fox paid a lot of money to get Smackdown so i don'T think that ratings are that important right now if they are able to get great tv contract for shows that aren't doing well in the ratings.

I feel that the brand will pretty much carry them to good or great tv contract in the future, All they have to do is keep those ratings between 1.0 and 3.0 and the networks will be happy with them. WWE really can effort to be lazy because they'Re always going to be fans that will tune in the thoses shows. Even if some smart fans stop watching Raw or Smackdown, there will always be a casual fans or a kids that will replace that fan.

Last edited by wrestlingmasters55 : 07-12-2018 at 03:41 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote