Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who Wins This Match?
Steve Austin 13 24.07%
Bruno Sammartino 41 75.93%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2017, 07:23 PM
Ooh baby I like it roooaaaaw!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...

Hmmm, a lot of compelling arguments for Bruno, but I wouldn't count out Austin. He's defeated foes he shouldn't have in the past, so why would this be any different. I'm going against the grain and voting Stone Cold.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:15 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

I'm voting for Austin for the same reason I voted for Sting. This should not end up looking like a squash.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:40 AM
Turn Bayley heel
TNA Champion

Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...Tastycles is an Intercontinental Champion...
Send a message via MSN to Tastycles

Steve Austin in his prime would never be booked to go for an hour, so this match would never happen. However, as it is, we have to look at those injuries as a reason that Bruno would be able to win. He'd stay in the early stages long enough to exploit them, and that's that. Bruno wins.

WrestleZone Tournament, 2015
Old 04-15-2017, 09:13 PM
Intercontinental Champion

The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmbfantomas View Post
Bruno wrestles 1 hour in his sleep. He won't burn out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
He was still wrestling 60 minutes into the late 1970's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
Bruno routinely had matches that would go to the time limit.
Is any of this actually true? Maybe it is. I don't know for sure. I think a lot of people just assume that any main event match before 1982 went to a 60 minute draw. There were definitely a lot of those kinds of matches way back when but I think that was more an NWA thing. I don't think that was the New York style. Again, I don't know for sure, but I just don't think Bruno was going 60 minutes at the Garden every month. If you want to post some links that show otherwise I'll happily admit I was wrong. And not just a couple examples. You guys make it sound like it was a regular occurrence. I'm not saying Bruno is the wrong choice. Just don't vote for him because you assume he wrestled hour matches all the time because he wrestled in the 60s.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:14 AM
Is a weird cartoon.
WWE European Champion

ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
Is any of this actually true? Maybe it is. I don't know for sure. I think a lot of people just assume that any main event match before 1982 went to a 60 minute draw. There were definitely a lot of those kinds of matches way back when but I think that was more an NWA thing. I don't think that was the New York style. Again, I don't know for sure, but I just don't think Bruno was going 60 minutes at the Garden every month. If you want to post some links that show otherwise I'll happily admit I was wrong. And not just a couple examples. You guys make it sound like it was a regular occurrence. I'm not saying Bruno is the wrong choice. Just don't vote for him because you assume he wrestled hour matches all the time because he wrestled in the 60s.
I could find following matches of Bruno Sammartino that went 60 or more minutes:

• VS Waldo Von Erich at WWWF MSG Show Aug'64 #2 - 81 Minutes
  • VS Gorilla Monsoon at WWWF MSG Show May'64 - 70 Minutes
  • VS Pedro Morales at WWWF Showdown at Shea'72 - 65 Minutes
  • VS Dr. Biff Miller at WWWF MSG Show July'65 - 60 Minutes
  • VS Hans Mortier at WWWF Philadelphia Show Sep'63 #1 - 60 Minutes

He did have matches in 50+ minutes duration with Giant Baba and Nikolai Volkoff. That's all I could find.

I must say that I'm very impressed after reading a lot about Bruno, thanks to WrestleZone Tournament. He was a just a big name for me but I can see why he's so big name in professional wrestling. Selling out MSG arena consistently ain't very easy.

Vote Bruno Sammartino.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:25 PM

ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...

Steve Austin brutalizes an out-of-his league Bruno early and often with anything he can get his hands on, wearing the man out with Stunner after Stunner on the road to victory. Vince books the biggest star in his company's history to go over the longest-reigning champ of all time.