WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The WrestleZone Symposium
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-05-2017, 12:05 PM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default Is "delayed" justice "denied" justice?

So there's a saying that "Delayed" justice is "Denied" justice. I wanted to discuss if you believe it to be true or not.

It all came into my mind after Supreme Court upheld the death sentence of convicts who were responsible for a horrible gang rape. This heinous crime took place in December 2012 and after almost five years, the capital punishment for the convicts is almost confirmed until President decides to lower the intensity of the punishment. Normally, I would ask you to read more and more about this incident but this time, I'll rather suggest not to do so. I mean that I'm not stopping you, just suggesting. You might totally lose trust in humanity afterwards if you actually get to know what happened.

So, for those who didn't look up themselves, I'll tell you in brief. A 23 years old girl and her friend were returning to their home after watching a movie. They boarded an off-duty charter bus which had only 6 persons including the driver. One of the six had lied them about going towards the destination both friends wanted to go while they were just driving for fun. And then happened something that shouldn't have happened.

The details are too mind-boggling and questions or rather destroys the so-called humanity in human beings. So, I won't go deep. The girl had to suffer through a gang rape which was terrible. And her friend was beaten hardly and knocked out as well. Both of them were thrown out of the bus near the midnight and the driver even tried to drive the bus over the girl but she was saved by her friend.

The country saw a big movement showing support towards the unlucky girl who died after two weeks of the incident. There were total 6 convicts of which one was a minor. One died due to either a murder or a suicide. The other four convicts will receive the capital punishment if President doesn't have any pity on them.

So, this led to me thinking if this "delayed" justice is "denied" justice for her? On one hand, I would've liked justice much earlier. On other hand, I'm relieved that at least, justice is served.

RIP Nirbhaya.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:32 PM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

I think a big part of the issue is that the young woman in question died in the hospital, and thus wasn't allowed to experience some amount of closure in regard to seeking justice against the men who assaulted her.

I've had to research a lot of heinous acts in my lifetime for my job, and that's one that -- to me -- definitely earns the perpetrators a death sentence. Capital punishment is a very gray area, in that no matter which side you take you're considered to be a monster by some. I believe that most advanced societies put delays in place because they don't want to develop a reputation for executing people who later turn out to be innocent or turn out to have been experiencing circumstances beyond a normal person's control.

The difference between "delayed" and "denied" is another gray area. It's irresponsible for someone to imply that in all cases a delayed execution (in this case, delayed beyond the survivability of the victim) is denying justice for the victim. Perspective plays a big part in how any of that is interpreted, and -- to my knowledge -- there's no word on if the victim had wanted to live long enough to see the men who had assaulted her be executed. For the families and friends, I'm sure that knowing that the men were caught and judged by the state is enough to say that they weren't denied justice.

This brings to mind the story of a priest in Georgia named Rene Robert, who in 1985 had signed a "declaration of life" that explained that if he was ever murdered in such a manner that it would warrant the death penalty, the killer's life would be spared. On April 10th of last year, he was abducted and murdered by an ex-con named Steven Murray, of whom Rene Robert had counseled and aided. Everyone who was close to Rene Robert want his wishes to be honored.

My take; the death penalty is necessary, but only to set a precedent. People killing other people will never go away, I prefer to live in a world where there's a deterrent like the death penalty for people who committed acts of moral apathy that make them into absolute abominations unto society. I also prefer to live in a world where DNA testing is something that's used well before someone is being recommended for the death penalty. There have to be delays because nations have to weigh every implication of the given sentence, even if it's unanimously approved by the rest of the world.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:40 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviousdominous View Post
I think a big part of the issue is that the young woman in question died in the hospital, and thus wasn't allowed to experience some amount of closure in regard to seeking justice against the men who assaulted her.

I've had to research a lot of heinous acts in my lifetime for my job, and that's one that -- to me -- definitely earns the perpetrators a death sentence. Capital punishment is a very gray area, in that no matter which side you take you're considered to be a monster by some. I believe that most advanced societies put delays in place because they don't want to develop a reputation for executing people who later turn out to be innocent or turn out to have been experiencing circumstances beyond a normal person's control.

The difference between "delayed" and "denied" is another gray area. It's irresponsible for someone to imply that in all cases a delayed execution (in this case, delayed beyond the survivability of the victim) is denying justice for the victim. Perspective plays a big part in how any of that is interpreted, and -- to my knowledge -- there's no word on if the victim had wanted to live long enough to see the men who had assaulted her be executed. For the families and friends, I'm sure that knowing that the men were caught and judged by the state is enough to say that they weren't denied justice.

This brings to mind the story of a priest in Georgia named Rene Robert, who in 1985 had signed a "declaration of life" that explained that if he was ever murdered in such a manner that it would warrant the death penalty, the killer's life would be spared. On April 10th of last year, he was abducted and murdered by an ex-con named Steven Murray, of whom Rene Robert had counseled and aided. Everyone who was close to Rene Robert want his wishes to be honored.

My take; the death penalty is necessary, but only to set a precedent. People killing other people will never go away, I prefer to live in a world where there's a deterrent like the death penalty for people who committed acts of moral apathy that make them into absolute abominations unto society. I also prefer to live in a world where DNA testing is something that's used well before someone is being recommended for the death penalty. There have to be delays because nations have to weigh every implication of the given sentence, even if it's unanimously approved by the rest of the world.
Damn, I thought that I replied ya.

I agree with delay being for proper research and investigation. But there are various examples when there isn't any proper research and investigation. Money speaks a lot especially in my country. Lots of corruption and what not. And a recent example was a popular and rich actor getting released of every charge of murder although the whole country knows that he's the murderer.

About the case of Nirbhaya, there's another problem. The advocate representing one of the convicts stated that the girl and the boy were responsible for what happened with them rather than who actually did the crime. Facepalm. So, someone who lost her life and whatnot was responsible but whoever did it wasn't.

If you have researched a lot of heinous crimes then and then only, I'll suggest to research about it. It's actually cruel and inhumane.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 12:15 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

Just a couple of days ago, something similar happened. As if it wasn't shameful when the horrendous damage was inflicted on an adult, this time a 11 year-old girl had to face it. Yes, a 11 year-old girl.

This heinous crimes just keep going on and on. While people rarely care about them. They'll care when the girl that suffers such inhumane treatment belongs to them in any way. Until then, "oh, it's so sad but she isn't my daughter/sister so I don't care."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote