WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-26-2018, 01:28 AM
G.O.A.T.
WWE Diva's Champion

relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Whats the lamest redone entrance music on the Network?

As many of you realize, a lot of the music on old RAWs and Nitros are redone due to various issues with copyrights and whatnot, which ones are your most hated??

I personally hate the redo for DDP and im pissed Kronik didn't get their music either
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:48 AM

Wrestlemania75 is looking to come up from OCW...

1. Hate the alternate Ricky the Dragon Steamboat music

2. Hate that they changed the early Saturday Nights Main Event music to the later years music (not that the new one was bad at all, but that old music just reminds me of the times, and staying up late to see SNME)

3. They replaced Frank Sinatra's My Way in Rowdy Roddy Piper's first retirement vignette in 1987 I think. (They played it on SNME, Prime Time Wrestling, Superstars of Wrestling i believe)

I'l post more when I think of them.

-quote from Ultimate Warrior's HOF speech:

“You know, it’s WrestleMania 30, but you’re already working on 31 and you can damn sure bet that WrestleMania 75 is going to happen, when the founder and creator of this company isn’t even around anymore.” Well, I better take that back, Vince says he’s going to live forever.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:14 AM
K. O. T. R. 2007 – Team Undisputed
Mr. Money in the Bank

King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I don’t know which entrance song redo I would consider the lamest, but during the time when Kanyon was imitating Diamond Dallas Page, he was using DDP’s entrance song...and the WWE didn’t edit it out. I just find that very funny.

One the I actually consider an improvement is Chris Jericho’s. I don’t even remember his WCW entrance music, but his WWE one is great.

Now that I think about it, I think Hollywood Hulk Hogan’s redo makes me mad the most. Voodoo Child is just a great song.

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!
Old 05-26-2018, 09:16 AM

Wrestlemania75 is looking to come up from OCW...

Here is a list of changed music I googled. They chopped up WM1 pretty bad, and I can't believe they removed Salt & Pepa's serenade rap for Bret Hart at WM11.

“Eye Of The Tiger” for Hogan

“Easy Lover” at Wrestlemania I

“Sirius” for Steamboat

They cut Steamboat’s entrance from Chi-Town Rumble!

Salt-N-Pepa remains dubbed and cut on Wrestlemania 11

“A Man Called Sting”

“Simply Ravishing” (WCW)

“Highway To Hell” at SummerSlam 1998 (VHS master version of the PPV)

Page’s WCW theme

Raven’s WCW theme

Jericho’s Evenflow knockoff theme

Jarrett’s “Cowboy” knockoff theme

“Voodoo Child” on WCW PPVs

Goldberg’s “Crush ‘Em”

Sting’s “Seek And Destroy”

“Sweet Home Alabama” at Armageddon (They play a knock off version)

“The Fight Song” at Invasion

“Cocky” at Royal Rumble 2002

“Feel So Numb” at No Way Out 2002

“Build A Bridge” at Survivor Series 2003

Sean O’Haire’s theme

Flair’s theme is still dubbed over on Backlash 2004

The Dudleyz Powerman 5000 song

“Walk Idiot” for Christy Hemme

“All The Things She Said” for Victoria

“Tattoo” for Maven

Sandman’s “Enter Sandman”

“Drones” at Royal Rumble 2007

“Powertrip” for No Way Out 2007

“There And Back Again” for Backlash 2007

“Whine Up” for SummerSlam 2007

“Chinese Democracy” for Armageddon 2008

You Gotta Move” for SummerSlam 2009 (Sounds like it was replaced with a different Aerosmith song)

“Ain’t No Grave” and “For Whom The Bells Toll” at Wrestlemania 27
Old 05-26-2018, 12:20 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think on one episode of Saturday Night's main event from 1990 they dub over Rick Rude's theme. I always thought they had the rights to that???

It's a mystery to me who owns the rights to "Don't Go Messin With A Country Boy". Not only do they dub over it, but at the hall of fame they couldn't make an exception and have him come out to it. VERY disappointing!
Old 05-27-2018, 12:45 PM
DON'T HINDER JINDER
WWE Women's Champion

shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...
Send a message via ICQ to shafe_41

Mine has to be during some of the ECW PPVs. The one that annoys me the most is I think during any New Jack match, his crappy canned redone music during the entire duration of the match. I actually have to FF these matches because it's so ridiculously annoying.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:55 AM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

With Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat being my favourite all-time wrestler, I was disappointed that he doesn't have his theme music ("Sirius" From The Allan Parsons Project) on the Network or the DVDs.

I do however get it, as it is an actual commercial song. But why then play generic music for him, rather than his WCW theme, on the Network during WWE PPVs (I think his WCW theme is used in WCW PPVs on the Network, and in the video games, so they must have rights to it) but at WM3, in particular, they play some soulless generic music.

I'm glad I got to see WM3 live so I could see Ricky Steamboat be announced as new IC Champion, to the strains of "Sirius".

Another one I never got was with Demolition. Their entrance music was created by Jim Johnson, who does a lot of the themes, and was featured on the "Piledriver" album. Yet they play some other music. WWE wouldn't have to pay to use the music from an outside artist, so why not use their "Demolition" song from "Piledriver"?
Old 05-29-2018, 08:02 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
With Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat being my favourite all-time wrestler, I was disappointed that he doesn't have his theme music ("Sirius" From The Allan Parsons Project) on the Network or the DVDs.

I do however get it, as it is an actual commercial song. But why then play generic music for him, rather than his WCW theme, on the Network during WWE PPVs (I think his WCW theme is used in WCW PPVs on the Network, and in the video games, so they must have rights to it) but at WM3, in particular, they play some soulless generic music.

I'm glad I got to see WM3 live so I could see Ricky Steamboat be announced as new IC Champion, to the strains of "Sirius".

Another one I never got was with Demolition. Their entrance music was created by Jim Johnson, who does a lot of the themes, and was featured on the "Piledriver" album. Yet they play some other music. WWE wouldn't have to pay to use the music from an outside artist, so why not use their "Demolition" song from "Piledriver"?
I agree that Steamboat's WM3 win was much better originally. The terrible music used now takes a little away from the moment. Anytime a theme is changed, even if it is a better song, I kind of wince. JYD's Grab Them Cakes (which I love!) replaces Queen's Another One Bites the Dust sometimes and I just can't stand it...even though I prefer the song they use. Just something about authenticity.

Regarding Demolition's theme, that was done by Rick Derringer. Granted, it was done for Demolition/WWF specifically, so I'm not sure how those rights work. But, I don't believe this goes on Jim Johnston's impressive resume.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:05 PM
G.O.A.T.
WWE Diva's Champion

relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...

I absolutely HATED that they redid the nWo theme for a while there but its been restored to its former glory, also its unfortunate that Voodoo Child cant be used either.

Some of the replacement themes are completely ridiculous too and do not fit the attitude of the original at all; like Sid in WCW.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:07 AM
Former WZCW Tag Team Champion
WWE Diva's Champion

Low_Ki is looking to come up from OCW...Low_Ki is looking to come up from OCW...Low_Ki is looking to come up from OCW...Low_Ki is looking to come up from OCW...Low_Ki is looking to come up from OCW...Low_Ki is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Self High Five

Easily, without a question of a doubt its Diamond Dallas Page.

I get it. They had to. Kurt Cobain's estate and all that. But instead of canning in his WWE theme, they create some rip off of a rip off. It's maddening.

I don't know what kind of hoops they'd have to jump through but I loved the 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' mix.

Honorable mention to 'Enter Sandman' of course, but that is simply copyright charges to Metallica that this new 'money saving' WWE doesn't want to pay.