WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-26-2017, 10:55 PM

Sagg1298 is looking to come up from OCW...Sagg1298 is looking to come up from OCW...Sagg1298 is looking to come up from OCW...Sagg1298 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
Well, I'm not surprised at how stupid this ended up being. I figured it would be about as dumb as most celebrity segments are. It was even worse than that. What a waste of everyone's time. This segment reminded me of all the awful guest hosts we had back in 2009. Lavar would have fit right in with that bunch. It was one of the worst segments I have seen in recent memory. What was up with that "There's only two people better than me and I'm both of them!" comment? That made NO sense. I was tempted to just fast forward the whole thing but it was one of those things where I had to see it just to see how awful it would be. Not sure what the WWE was thinking letting this guy come be a part of the show. Unbelievable.
That is EXACTLY what came to my m ind. This took me back to the guest host era with "celebrities" not having a clue in a pro wrestling ring and cringeworthy skits every week. Back then, Jericho was often there to salvage some of those segments. Tonight, not even The Miz could make sense of any of it and control it from going off the rails.

And that kid shouting the racial slur into the mic while Ambrose was entering made it even worse and now it will live on in infamy like the Booker T promo from 1995.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-26-2017, 11:47 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I thought it was great. Completely stupid but hilarious. Thats what Lavar Ball is and it obviously went off script and it was ALWAYS going to. Lavar just runs his mouth why wwe would think someone whose whole gimmick is being crazy and unfiltered would be able to be controlled and get from point A to B is beyond me
Old 06-27-2017, 12:05 AM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

I don't watch basketball so I don't know who this guy is. My husband who is a basketball fan though did and thought he was terrible. I felt really sorry for his kids there especially the one who just get drafted to the Lakers. He looked kind of uncomfortable sitting there watching his father go off.

It's pretty clear Ambrose was sent out to put a stop to the whole thing, even though he was being talked over by the dad. If the father could have controlled himself a little more it might have worked but yea it was pretty bad.

I hope this guy doesn't end up costing his son sponsors when he does start playing. He reminds me of Mama June to Honey Boo Boo, it's going to be all about him.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:15 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
I hope this guy doesn't end up costing his son sponsors when he does start playing. He reminds me of Mama June to Honey Boo Boo, it's going to be all about him.

That ship has sailed. They walked into every shoe brand and got laughed out the building. Thats why the Big Baller Brand exists because Lavar's ego wouldnt work for Nike, adidas, etc.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:17 AM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by A11oftheLights View Post

That ship has sailed. They walked into every shoe brand and got laughed out the building. Thats why the Big Baller Brand exists because Lavar's ego wouldnt work for Nike, adidas, etc.
Oh why am I not surprised. Feel really bad for the kid to tell you the truth. His father is a loose cannon totally overshadowing his son. Looks to me like he is living his life through the kid. The brother is a bit questionable as well. When I saw him last night first thing that came into my mind was Sideshow Bob from the Simpson's. Not a good sign.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:58 AM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

I'm glad it was so terrible. When you put a borderline mental patient who's sole claim to fame is being a damn moron on live television with a live mic, you deserve the embarrassment that comes with it. I feel bad for everybody else involved in that though, including his kid (Lonzo) and especially The Miz. Nobody in history could have made that segment work. Lonzo seems like an easygoing guy, I don't understand why he doesn't just tell his dad to shut his mouth and let him play basketball.

All I gotta say is, thank God I live in Canada so I don't have to see this guy on my sports networks every day. If I did, I might just have to quit sports.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:25 AM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I'm not a basketball fan so I had no idea who this guy was. I didn't even look anything up on him until yesterday and the guy's pretty typical for a celebrity of the modern age: he has no talent, yet has a big ego with an even bigger mouth while feeling that somehow should qualify him to be famous. He's a no talent hack who had dreams of being a household name and is now trying to live vicariously through his oldest son. I felt bad for Lonzo as the kid just looked really uncomfortable, which it's hard to blame him when both his father and brother came off looking like stupid assholes in front of millions of people.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 06-27-2017, 09:28 AM
Gone but never forgotten.
Mr. Money in the Bank

D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...D-Man is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via AIM to D-Man Send a message via MSN to D-Man

First of all, I know nothing about modern-day, professional basketball. I lost interest in it a long time ago. Mainly, for reasons like the actions of that imbecilic egomaniac last night. That being said, the skit was a complete and utter waste of my time and was uncomfortable to watch.

On one hand, you have two kids who are recently receiving attention since one of them had just been drafted into the NBA and also as a result of their father's antics in the press. The recently drafter NBA player couldn't even show the WWE audience enough support to wear sneakers and walked out in sandals. Thanks for the respect.

On the other hand, the YOUNGER son shouted out a racial slur on live TV and his father acted like a complete and utter moron. It appeared that they cut the segment short after a while since it was such a train wreck. Lavar cared more about his own personal notoriety than his sons'. Great parenting.

The only positive takeaways I have from the segment were Lavar saying that only two guys in the world are better than him and "he's both of them" (which I thought was legitimately funny) and now I have another reason to never watch the NBA.

WWE really needs to run through these segments a bit more prior to airing them and they need to be more strict with their guests so they don't run wild like these ass holes did last night. For a billion dollar conglomerate of a company, that was some pretty careless television.

Click for Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696
Let's IP ban you and find out. Who the fuck are you kidding? Do you really think you understand the situation better than I do? Fuck off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal
I will say it though, this would be pretty fucking cool if it didnt suck ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC25 View Post
Wait...a SMILEY with a LIGHTSABER!? God, no! Anything but that!
Are you going to hurl your virginity at me next???

Last edited by D-Man : 06-27-2017 at 09:31 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-27-2017, 09:35 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Didn't see it. Noticed it was on espn.com this morning. Vince will be pleased by this. But it does sound like it was pretty poor.

I assume the "two men greater than him that are him" are his sons.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:38 PM
The New Mr.WWE, Beat Me if You can!
WWE Diva's Champion

showtyme27 is looking to come up from OCW...showtyme27 is looking to come up from OCW...showtyme27 is looking to come up from OCW...showtyme27 is looking to come up from OCW...

Pretty Fucking terrible segment... and RAW wonders why Their ratings continue to drop? This is right up there with Alexa's This is Your Life: Bayley edition. As talented as The Miz is He is being dragged down by RAW's lackadaisical booking and writing. His current feud with Ambrose is absolutely horrible. These two Stars epitomize RAW's inferior creative team, on Smackdown! I thought Miz had earned another run at the top of the company He was on fire, on RAW He has been apart of some of the worst segments I have seen in years. Ambrose is another problem altogether... He needs a heel turn and a direction for His character, maybe even a complete overhaul. I thought this segment did absolutely nothing to improve RAW's already damaged credibility and also did nothing to endear the fans of The Los Angeles Lakers to Their promising new rookie or The overbearing and childish antics of His Father and let's not even mention His Little Brother's verbal outburst. If RAW is going to live up to its considerible potential then They have to focus on creating compiling storylines and exhilarating in ring action and not cheap ratings grabs.