WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-13-2017, 07:17 AM
Million Dollar Champion

thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...thebarber worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'm not sure why Roman Reigns gets the right to announce what he thinks he wants to do at Summerslam. Seems Rollins and Wyatt will be going off to do something, Lesnar vs Joe cant just end with one match. Personally, I see Reigns making some announcement about challenging the winner of Lesnar vs Joe,which in turn brings Strowman back to lay claim to a shot. Fatal 4 way at Summerslam for the Universal Title sees Lesnar vs Joe vs Reigns vs Strowman. Cena vs Mahal for the WWE Title, Styles vs Owens for the IC Title, Rollins vs Wyatt
sendpm.gif
Old 06-13-2017, 10:06 AM

mooseman is looking to come up from OCW...mooseman is looking to come up from OCW...mooseman is looking to come up from OCW...mooseman is looking to come up from OCW...

I wouldn't be surprised if it was something stupid like Reigns challenging Kane to a match saying since he retired the Undertaker he might as well retire his brother as well.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-13-2017, 10:33 AM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
Lesnar vs Joe cant just end with one match.
If various reports are accurate and unless things change, that's exactly what's going to happen. My guess is that beginning in September and lasting to the Royal Rumble, possibly Fastlane, all the various wrestlers involved in the Fatal Fiveway Extreme Rules match will all have a chance to face Lesnar. Joe gets his shot next month then, Strowman will probably get a shot at SummerSlam as it's something WWE's been planning for a while, then Rollins, Balor & Wyatt will each get their shot in the following months before Reigns slays the Beast at WrestleMania next year.

For whatever reason, Lesnar has the sweetest deal in pro wrestling history. He'll wrestle maybe a total of 4 or 5 more times this year, maybe 1 or 2 more times next year before WrestleMania and will make about $12 million for doing it. The way things are shaping up right now via Vince's vision, none of these guys except Reigns will beat Lesnar, so my biggest hope is that all of these guys have strong, competitive matches and see their stocks rise instead of being squashed and that Lesnar retires after losing to Reigns rather than sign another deal. If Vince wants Reigns to be the #1 guy, even if it's only in his mind, then there'll be little doubt if Reigns turns out to be the guy who beat Triple H for the WWE Championship last year, retired the Undertaker the this year and defeats Lesnar for the Universal Championship & retires him next year. What we'll have to look forward to then, most likely, will be a guy who almost never loses no matter what the odds are and what the situation is over the next 10 years.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 06-13-2017, 11:03 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I agree that it could be Roman Reigns Vs. John Cena at Summerslam. The notion that John Cena is a free agent now just to face a Raw superstar is totally accurate. It would be pointless otherwise.

Back to Roman Reigns. Who else is left for him to defeat other than John Cena and Brock Lesnar? No one, I guess. Keep giving him all rubs and make others get squashed and face the consequences as well then.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-13-2017, 12:43 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
ROH Pure Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
If various reports are accurate and unless things change, that's exactly what's going to happen. My guess is that beginning in September and lasting to the Royal Rumble, possibly Fastlane, all the various wrestlers involved in the Fatal Fiveway Extreme Rules match will all have a chance to face Lesnar. Joe gets his shot next month then, Strowman will probably get a shot at SummerSlam as it's something WWE's been planning for a while, then Rollins, Balor & Wyatt will each get their shot in the following months before Reigns slays the Beast at WrestleMania next year.

For whatever reason, Lesnar has the sweetest deal in pro wrestling history. He'll wrestle maybe a total of 4 or 5 more times this year, maybe 1 or 2 more times next year before WrestleMania and will make about $12 million for doing it. The way things are shaping up right now via Vince's vision, none of these guys except Reigns will beat Lesnar, so my biggest hope is that all of these guys have strong, competitive matches and see their stocks rise instead of being squashed and that Lesnar retires after losing to Reigns rather than sign another deal. If Vince wants Reigns to be the #1 guy, even if it's only in his mind, then there'll be little doubt if Reigns turns out to be the guy who beat Triple H for the WWE Championship last year, retired the Undertaker the this year and defeats Lesnar for the Universal Championship & retires him next year. What we'll have to look forward to then, most likely, will be a guy who almost never loses no matter what the odds are and what the situation is over the next 10 years.
The man just defeated Rollins, Balor and Wyatt in 3 weeks straight and nobody even noticed. CLEAN. For guys and matches they wanna protect like Rollins vs Reigns and Reigns vs Balor they sure give it away way too easily on TV.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-13-2017, 01:58 PM
Registered Suplex Offender
WWE Diva's Champion

Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Roman will announce that he wants to earn his way to the Universal title, but it'll be a feint that sets up his Great Balls match (giggle).

He'll be interrupted by someone. Maybe Braun, maybe another face and the two will fight for the SummerSlam main event. Most likely Strowman if he is indeed back, though that likely means a Roman loss, and he hasn't exactly been winning a lot since Mania.

Roman might go after the IC title too, but considering how lacklustre his US title run was, I don't know if it's the best. At least it would spell the end of Miz vs Ambrose.

Maybe Balor turns heel and SummerSlam is The Club vs The Shield. They shouldn't do a full Shield reunion though (music and gear and crowd entrance). Just Rollins/Reigns/Ambrose working together. Save the full reunion for later. You'd think they would have started building up Anderson and Gallows if this was the plan, but look at Mahal.

There's another event before SummerSlam and this likely sets up his GBoF match.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-13-2017, 05:08 PM
Sufferin' Succotash.

Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Elias Samson has already beaten Ambrose twice. He'll beat Rollins a few times, then finish off The Shield triangle by beating Reings at SS. It may be Roman's yard, but he can't walk through it with Elias.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:12 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. View Post
Plus feeding Cena to Reigns would mean that Reigns has defeated Orton, HHH, Undertaker, Cena and Lesnar in a span of 4 years.
Reigns is a guy who mainevented 3 Wrestlemanias in a row. If they plan on building him seriously, at least booking- wise it has sense to have him go around and take down part timers who are past the prime(at least in HHH and Takers case, and somewhat Ortons, he hasnt even started Cena feud and Lesnar is just the rumor for now). Though its basic IWC logic we are talking about here: We dont want part timers to bury future main event talents but as long as we are talking about who we like.

Given that he has probably Strowman where he would be defeated again in order to get Strowman- Lesnar by Summerslam, it makes sense to either give him something to be fed like The Miz and US title or something noticeable like Cena. Where it could go either way and would be something big and fresh. I would rather see second option.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-13-2017, 07:17 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
ROH Pure Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodo Sawaki View Post
Reigns is a guy who mainevented 3 Wrestlemanias in a row. If they plan on building him seriously, at least booking- wise it has sense to have him go around and take down part timers who are past the prime(at least in HHH and Takers case, and somewhat Ortons, he hasnt even started Cena feud and Lesnar is just the rumor for now). Though its basic IWC logic we are talking about here: We dont want part timers to bury future main event talents but as long as we are talking about who we like.

Given that he has probably Strowman where he would be defeated again in order to get Strowman- Lesnar by Summerslam, it makes sense to either give him something to be fed like The Miz and US title or something noticeable like Cena. Where it could go either way and would be something big and fresh. I would rather see second option.
My problem isn't with part-timers putting over talent. But even Cena wasn't so super. Cena did beat Triple H, JBL and HBK, but that was it. They didn't feed Undertaker to him and Cena gave back victories to both HBK and Triple H. Plus Cena had big moments and feuds in his whole career up until that point. Interesting feuds. vs Edge, vs RVD, vs HHH, vs HBK, vs JBL, vs Angle. All of these are goldmines and everybody loves going back on Youtube to find highlights of those feuds.
Where are Roman's feuds? All I see is mediocricy. Sure the man can have big matches, but what worth is the match if it lacks the build-up? That has always been Roman's problem. You have nothing to remember from Reigns vs Lesnar other than their match. You have nothing to remember from Reigns vs Triple H other than Reigns taking out Trips at TLC. Braun vs Reigns is Reigns' best feud to date. When you have faced so many legends and your best feud is with Braun Strowman, then something isn't right. Obviously that's creative's fault.

My point is: feeding people to Roman won't do anything. It's the stories that build the superstars. Simple matches don't do shit. Look at Rollins. He has just beaten Triple H, but he fails to get a reaction that suits a man that has beaten Triple H. Why? Because all of his storylines suck.

Let's admit it. WWE has gone lazy. The names of the part-timers sell. With the Network there's no need to sell PPVs anymore each month. That's why there are no interesting stories any more. Smackdown is the only brand that still uses storylines and not names, but Vince simply does not care about Smackdown.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-14-2017, 01:03 AM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. View Post
My problem isn't with part-timers putting over talent. But even Cena wasn't so super. Cena did beat Triple H, JBL and HBK, but that was it. They didn't feed Undertaker to him and Cena gave back victories to both HBK and Triple H. Plus Cena had big moments and feuds in his whole career up until that point. Interesting feuds. vs Edge, vs RVD, vs HHH, vs HBK, vs JBL, vs Angle. All of these are goldmines and everybody loves going back on Youtube to find highlights of those feuds.
Where are Roman's feuds? All I see is mediocricy. Sure the man can have big matches, but what worth is the match if it lacks the build-up? That has always been Roman's problem. You have nothing to remember from Reigns vs Lesnar other than their match. You have nothing to remember from Reigns vs Triple H other than Reigns taking out Trips at TLC. Braun vs Reigns is Reigns' best feud to date. When you have faced so many legends and your best feud is with Braun Strowman, then something isn't right. Obviously that's creative's fault.

My point is: feeding people to Roman won't do anything. It's the stories that build the superstars. Simple matches don't do shit. Look at Rollins. He has just beaten Triple H, but he fails to get a reaction that suits a man that has beaten Triple H. Why? Because all of his storylines suck.

Let's admit it. WWE has gone lazy. The names of the part-timers sell. With the Network there's no need to sell PPVs anymore each month. That's why there are no interesting stories any more. Smackdown is the only brand that still uses storylines and not names, but Vince simply does not care about Smackdown.
That's why I never got the hate on Cena. Cena may not have put on Kurt Angle-type matches, but he rarely had a forgettable match, and many times, his matches were very good (he may have had a good opponent who brought out the best in him, but good opponents can't even bring out the best in Roman by comparison).

I think it is time that the IWC apologize to John Cena for all the harsh things they said about him, since he is a breath of fresh air compared to Roman at the moment.
sendpm.gif