WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-23-2018, 10:11 AM
Behold my diction
WWE European Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

TNA for me was always a company where for every time I'd be rocked by an awesome performance, I'd subsequently be annoyed fifty times by complete lunacy that was reminiscent of the latter years of WCW.

My first real exposure to TNA was watching the Fight for the Right Tournament. It was really difficult to watch TNA because, to my knowledge, it could only be seen on PPV. This show annoyed the shit out of me, mostly because of the "reverse battle royal", which as of today is still one of the most fucking stupid matches I've ever seen.

Then I remember tuning into TNA on a whim one day back in 2010, and they had a triple threat match of Jesse Sorensen vs Tony Nese vs Jack Evans. This match was PHENOMENAL in every sense of the word. I assumed that they got their shit together and decided to go with superior ring work over stupid gimmick matches.

I tried to get back into TNA, but it wasn't happening. The shaky camera work, the botches, the annoyingly weird characters, and the gimmick matches screamed of desperation for us to see TNA as being a cheap imitation of the WWE. It was just a big mess.

Impact Wrestling has recently caught my attention in a big way with having Pentagon Jr win their world championship. They really shouldn't squander a rising star like him, the WWE could easily have him on NXT within a month.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:11 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexcellence of Sexecution View Post
TNA should've worried about keeping Spike TV happy, continued to deliver those numbers, not brought in every hack from the 90s, and cut down to maybe 3 major PPVs per year. They probably didn't even need PPV at all and could've built to major television specials since TV was their bread and butter. Weekly, episodic TV booking should have been their focus, with a down-sized roster of hungry young talent that put on fun and exciting matches.
Now that you mentioned it, i think the idea can work. NXT like format can do wonders for them. Something like Saturday Night Main Event once a month will work for them. Keep Slammyversary, Bound for Glory and 1 more as PPVs, make Saturday Night Specials on TVs and worry about TV the most.
Make a small but deep of real talent roster, so the wrestling fans will watch. Bring in 1-2 veterans (not more) who can still go and not 100% egomaniacal, but big enough, so fans will have their nostalgia fun (Mysterio maybe) They can bring in Legends for their ppvs, but in no way these Legends should be in title matches or against their biggest stars (look at Juchin Liger in NXT as great example)