WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-10-2011, 11:51 PM

MrAdam87 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default An International 'Season'

With the most recent return to England not only as a Touring house show event but also taped and televised episodes of both Raw and SD I got to thinking about how well it seems to be working with regards to crowd capacity and reaction. (The 'pop' for CM Punk last RAW at his first appearance was the biggest I have heard on a RAW for quiet a while) as well as adding something a little different for us viewers at home.
This is the second time in less then 9 months that the WWE has gone to the Old Country and put on great shows with 'hot' crowds, this in itself is a good indicator of the frequency with which the WWE can visit their more popular overseas markets and still retain the atmosphere of it.
My thoughts then started on another idea that I call the 'International Season' if you will. In which the WWE continues to go on the road overseas and bring us our two televised shows a week but for more of an extended period of time.(2-3 months for example)
This could take place in countries with large WWE followings like in England, Mexico and even Australia for example.
Doing this maybe once every 18 months or so could allow for 'huge' ppv style sell outs for a weekly episode of RAW or SD, in huge arenas like they already get in places such as England/Mexico/Australia when they tour their. It could also be the answer to the oversaturation of gimmick PPV's already on the calender by cutting back say 1-3 gimmick ppv's while still retaining a semblance of 'events' in the lull periods between bigger PPV's (WM,SS,SumSl,RR ect ect)

This was just a thought that stuck with me after the last RAW and felt after a while it would be good to bounce this idea off of the message boards.
So what do you think of something along the lines of an 'International Season' or some variation of what I have outlined above?

Last edited by MrAdam87 : 11-10-2011 at 11:53 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-11-2011, 01:24 AM
The One and Only
WWE Diva's Champion

The Suplexer Perfecter is looking to come up from OCW...The Suplexer Perfecter is looking to come up from OCW...

No. That means they'd have to tape constantly and the stars would be away even longer from home, as well as having to deal with Visa issues and probably other ones too.

I don't see how this gets rid of gimmick PPVs. They can still have them but just use those shows like any other to build them up.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-11-2011, 03:17 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

tomthebodz is looking to come up from OCW...tomthebodz is looking to come up from OCW...

I kind of agree as I'm from England, but i doubt WWE will do for the reasons Suplexer mentioned.

I would however like to see them extend the UK tours to 2 weeks and so that they have 2 live Raw Supershows and Smackdowns.

At some point I'd like to see a PPV in the UK, but that is also unlikely because of the time change.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Future British World Champ
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Piss Bucket is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomthebodz View Post
I kind of agree as I'm from England, but i doubt WWE will do for the reasons Suplexer mentioned.

I would however like to see them extend the UK tours to 2 weeks and so that they have 2 live Raw Supershows and Smackdowns.

At some point I'd like to see a PPV in the UK, but that is also unlikely because of the time change.
I know the time difference is a problem, but I REALLY want Wrestlemania in London, cos I can't afford to go to America to see it, they did Summerslam at Wembley in 1992, so it can be done.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:17 PM

Version4 is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm not sure having a 2-3 month "international season" would work, for the same reasons some of the posters before have stated. However, maybe a month-long tour of Asia, Africa, or Europe may be more feasible. Adding another 2 weeks of tour time would be a pretty good length of time to allow a 6 or 7 country tour in Europe or Africa. I would absolutely love to see a WWE PPV be hosted overseas. I remember seeing the replays of the SummerSlam 92 PPV, and it was pure electricity. The crowds in the international markets are awesome, and it could be real fun.

Unfortunately i just don't see it happening. The time zone issues can be overcome, but the problem is that there would be tons of fan reports and spoilers out there by the time the PPV aired in the States. WWE can deal with spoilers for taped Raw's and SD's, because those shows are basically on free tv anyway. But if spoilers are out on a PPV, it will affect their buyrates tremendously. So as much as I would love to see an international PPV happen, WWE would be smart NOT to do it.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-11-2011, 03:22 PM
I Am The One Who Knocks
WCW TV Champion

Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...Monkey_Mania is a Television Champion...
Send a message via MSN to Monkey_Mania

Not really needed. Especially when they visit these places what, two time a year? Not to mention they usually spend some quality time there each tour. It would just be too much strain on home lives and the wrestlers would be burnt out and I don't think it would be very good for the overall morale of the company. I have no doubts that they enjoy going over there. It's just going over there for 2-3 months without being home is pretty radical.

sendpm.gif