WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-22-2016, 05:43 AM
dirtymonkey22 dirtymonkey22 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 8
dirtymonkey22 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

the Only Reason I don't like reigns is with him winning all the time makes it hard to suspend my disbelief since I already know Reigns is the guy, its the same reason people dislike Cena . Wresling is about making you think whats going on is real and anything could happen at any time and Anyone from Rey mysterio to brock lesnar can be champ . Right?
SO whats happening now is everyone knows everything and everyone knows Roman is the guy WWE want to be the new Face of the company,and this ruins the overall show.
Yes The triple threat was a great match but it was ruined by the mear fact we all knew Roman was going to win and the execution didn't help as well.


TO MAKE IT SIMPLE I WANT TO SUSPEND MY DISBELIEF !
sendpm.gif
  #12  
Old 02-22-2016, 06:14 AM
shafe_41's Avatar
shafe_41 shafe_41 is offline
DON'T HINDER JINDER
WWE Women's Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 858
shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...
Send a message via ICQ to shafe_41
Default

First off, the people at events over the last year/18 months or so need to learn what the word "awesome" actually means. Did Fastlane have a solid match or two? Sure it did. But I heard "this is awesome" on two or three different occassions... none of them being awesome. At all. They're good at best. Putting Lesnar through a table? We've seen that how many other times? Not necessarily Lesnar going through it... but someone for that matter. I'd be willing to say some of us have seen it done 150-200 times. If not more. Why does that garner a "this is awesome" chant like... barely halfway through a match? It's dumb. I truly believe it's dumb. True awesomeness is TLC at Mania 17. Angle/HBK at Mania 21. Hogan/Rock at 18. Hell... those guys did it just by looking at each other. Different situation obviously but you get my point. Something awesome should leave you in awe and wonder. Awesome is not three guys putting on an above average match. Because that's exactly what I saw. An above average, business as usual match from three pretty damn good performers (yes, Reigns is a damn good performer). Not a single moment of it left me speechless.

I like Reigns. I don't get the hate. I think it's just the trendy thing to do. Reigns is deserving of a main event spot. I could even argue that almost every fan in every building at one point has thought the same damn thing. Rumble '14. I was present in Pittsburgh and when it was down to Reigns and Batista, the place went insane for Reigns. Every. Damn. Person. And I truly doubt it started and ended in that arena. People at home were holding on to hope Batista was going to be the one to go over that rope. Point being... a place isn't going to cheer that loud for a guy that would just be "the lesser of two evils." You aren't. So don't even pretend you would get that into a guy just because he wasn't Batista. So when Reigns was the guy left standing, you all KNEW he was the hand-picked guy. Fast forward to Payback that year. The night before Rollins turned. Shield/Evolution. There was a point in the match Reigns/HHH were face to face circling each other. Reigns was still the handpicked guy. You all knew he was the handpicked guy because he was the guy toe to toe with Batista at the end of the Rumble 4-5 months prior. As Reigns and HHH stared each other down, crowd was going absolutely apeshit. You all wanted it. Every. Last. One of you. Since then... nothing has changed about Reigns and his ring work. Literally nothing. Maybe a little nuance here and there... but nothing major. So the argument that Reigns can't hold his own in a match is totally void. If Reigns was truly that awful in the ring, nobody would have ever cheered the guy at any point in his career. You wouldn't. So don't pretend otherwise. And the night Reigns snapped and went nuts after the TLC match. The world loved him destroying HHH. The world loved him getting the belt off Sheamus. So again... why would you cheer that loudly for a guy winning the title... just because again... he's the lesser of two evils. That should be a "meh" moment for all the smarks out there. But Reigns had you eating out of his hand that night. And the icing on that cake... IT WAS IN PHILLY. THE SAME GD BUILDING THAT BOOED HIM TO DEATH AT THE RUMBLE EARLIER THAT YEAR.

Is Reigns booking a little underwhelming? Of course it is. But that's not his fault. The silent underdog for someone that's supposed be this huge badass doesn't translate. I get it. Sure there's parallels to Bryan's booking from a few years ago. But every single wrestling angle from here on out isn't going to be an original one. That's almost impossible. Everything in the world isn't original. It's never going to be.

So I get what the OP is saying. It's like going to school and talking about how lame playing Call of Duty is in front of all your friends because you don't want to be ridiculed... then run home and plop your ass in front of the PS4 and play it for hours when nobody is watching. Except in this case... every Mf'er in the building is watching because they're cheering Reigns at the EXACT same time you are and don't want to be in the unpopular minority. Yet you cheer Reigns at the Rumble in 14, at Payback 14, boo him at the Rumble in 15, cheer him after TLC ends, cheer him the night after TLC, boo him at the Rumble in 16, etc... And who knows what else in between. The proof is there whether you like it or not.
sendpm.gif
  #13  
Old 02-22-2016, 06:21 AM
shafe_41's Avatar
shafe_41 shafe_41 is offline
DON'T HINDER JINDER
WWE Women's Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 858
shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...
Send a message via ICQ to shafe_41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymonkey22 View Post
the Only Reason I don't like reigns is with him winning all the time makes it hard to suspend my disbelief since I already know Reigns is the guy, its the same reason people dislike Cena . Wresling is about making you think whats going on is real and anything could happen at any time and Anyone from Rey mysterio to brock lesnar can be champ . Right?
SO whats happening now is everyone knows everything and everyone knows Roman is the guy WWE want to be the new Face of the company,and this ruins the overall show.
Yes The triple threat was a great match but it was ruined by the mear fact we all knew Roman was going to win and the execution didn't help as well.


TO MAKE IT SIMPLE I WANT TO SUSPEND MY DISBELIEF !
You can very easily. Get off wrestling news sites and you won't read that "Reigns is a guy that Vince likes." Boom. Done. Disbelief suspended. If sites for backstage news and discussion were around in the mid 80's, they would say "Hogan is a guy Vince really likes." Early-mid 90's, they'd say "Diesel, Brett, and Shawn are guys Vince really likes." Mid-Late 90's, "Austin, Rock, and HHH are guys Vince really likes." You get the picture.

Like the OP said, with Cena, Rollins, Bryan, Orton all out due to injury... their hand is sort of forced right now.

Last edited by shafe_41 : 02-22-2016 at 06:30 AM.
sendpm.gif
  #14  
Old 02-22-2016, 06:36 AM
Khalifa's Avatar
Khalifa Khalifa is offline
Where it at doe?
ROH Pure Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Nowhere near nowhere you would know of
Age: 24
Posts: 1,486
Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree. If you put Big Show in a cool spot then he will get cheers as well, for that time. We still all know how the fans will react to Big Show in any other moment that isn't a cool spot. You could do it with anybody in fact and unless they are full blown heel then the fans will cheer. What is wrong with the audience enjoying something they don't see, like Brock ales bar getting power bombed through two announce tables.

The fact that they are booing is because, like you stated in your first sentence, is he is managements pick and the fact that they aren't even trying to hide it. I don't agree that the fans should dictate the show but they have given WWE every reason to cheer for anyone going against Reigns. Yet WWE still is giving us Reigns. Most people hear said exactly what would happen to Reigns Since Rollins injury and it has all happened (when everyone found out about the rumble change people also guessed that). Is that such a bad thing? Well considering WWE tried the same thing last year and it didn't work out then I would say yes. He got over with Bray when he wasn't near the title. After that it was the same process.

So I think it's a bit unfair to say you can't boo Reigns if you like his spots. Pretty much saying that about Cena too.
__________________
Credit to Dave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacistHulkHogan View Post
Khalifa tears dude. Tears flowing daddy. Only love. HH
sendpm.gif
  #15  
Old 02-22-2016, 06:51 AM
A11oftheLights's Avatar
A11oftheLights A11oftheLights is offline
Registered User
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 415
A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafe_41 View Post
I could even argue that almost every fan in every building at one point has thought the same damn thing. Rumble '14. I was present in Pittsburgh and when it was down to Reigns and Batista, the place went insane for Reigns. Every. Damn. Person. And I truly doubt it started and ended in that arena. People at home were holding on to hope Batista was going to be the one to go over that rope. Point being... a place isn't going to cheer that loud for a guy that would just be "the lesser of two evils." You aren't. So don't even pretend you would get that into a guy just because he wasn't Batista. So when Reigns was the guy left standing, you all KNEW he was the hand-picked guy. Fast forward to Payback that year. The night before Rollins turned. Shield/Evolution. There was a point in the match Reigns/HHH were face to face circling each other. Reigns was still the handpicked guy. You all knew he was the handpicked guy because he was the guy toe to toe with Batista at the end of the Rumble 4-5 months prior. As Reigns and HHH stared each other down, crowd was going absolutely apeshit. You all wanted it. Every. Last. One of you. Since then... nothing has changed about Reigns and his ring work. Literally nothing. Maybe a little nuance here and there... but nothing major. So the argument that Reigns can't hold his own in a match is totally void. If Reigns was truly that awful in the ring, nobody would have ever cheered the guy at any point in his career. You wouldn't. So don't pretend otherwise. And the night Reigns snapped and went nuts after the TLC match. The world loved him destroying HHH. The world loved him getting the belt off Sheamus. So again... why would you cheer that loudly for a guy winning the title... just because again... he's the lesser of two evils. That should be a "meh" moment for all the smarks out there. But Reigns had you eating out of his hand that night. And the icing on that cake... IT WAS IN PHILLY. THE SAME GD BUILDING THAT BOOED HIM TO DEATH AT THE RUMBLE EARLIER THAT YEAR.

Is Reigns booking a little underwhelming? Of course it is. But that's not his fault. The silent underdog for someone that's supposed be this huge badass doesn't translate. I get it. Sure there's parallels to Bryan's booking from a few years ago. But every single wrestling angle from here on out isn't going to be an original one. That's almost impossible. Everything in the world isn't original. It's never going to be.

So I get what the OP is saying. It's like going to school and talking about how lame playing Call of Duty is in front of all your friends because you don't want to be ridiculed... then run home and plop your ass in front of the PS4 and play it for hours when nobody is watching. Except in this case... every Mf'er in the building is watching because they're cheering Reigns at the EXACT same time you are and don't want to be in the unpopular minority. Yet you cheer Reigns at the Rumble in 14, at Payback 14, boo him at the Rumble in 15, cheer him after TLC ends, cheer him the night after TLC, boo him at the Rumble in 16, etc... And who knows what else in between. The proof is there whether you like it or not.
This is pretty much what I think on the issue, it's worded better because I couldnt be too bothered to type it all out. The case against as to why Reigns shouldnt be the top guy doesnt hold for me when you look at all these moments that shafe has pointed out above
__________________
sendpm.gif
  #16  
Old 02-22-2016, 07:18 AM
mancini999 mancini999 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 34
mancini999 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

He gets mores boos than the authority, and that's not good heading into mania. The this is awesome chant has nothing to do with if a guy is over or even if the match is good. People like to chant and the this is awesome is so over done it rarely is chanted in a spot that deserves it.
sendpm.gif
  #17  
Old 02-22-2016, 07:20 AM
dirtymonkey22 dirtymonkey22 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 8
dirtymonkey22 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafe_41 View Post
You can very easily. Get off wrestling news sites and you won't read that "Reigns is a guy that Vince likes." Boom. Done. Disbelief suspended. If sites for backstage news and discussion were around in the mid 80's, they would say "Hogan is a guy Vince really likes." Early-mid 90's, they'd say "Diesel, Brett, and Shawn are guys Vince really likes." Mid-Late 90's, "Austin, Rock, and HHH are guys Vince really likes." You get the picture.

Like the OP said, with Cena, Rollins, Bryan, Orton all out due to injury... their hand is sort of forced right now.
SUre I can get off of the sites but that doesn't change the predicable booking Seriously ! Any champ on the card tag teams included should NEVER NEVER NEVER have a 1 0n 1 non title match of anykind but we see it all the time and guess what they lose every time. it's the same reason WhY nxt is so good they tell a good story I care about Zayn I care about Baily I care about Balor and thats because everyone can be champs at any moment Appolo crews can win the belt I'm excited to see Askua vs Baily why good booking.

LETS BE HONEST THEY BOOK ROMAN LIKE SHIT .
the finish of tonights match killed the match not because of Roman winning but because of the no-sell of 3 chair shots , at rumble they take roman out of the ring by pulling him under then let him sit in the back and get some coffee, theres been a few shows were the crowd has chanted Romans sleeping because he was. WWE has only made roman look strong once and that was at last years mania but since he looks like that kids who will join a game at the end then brag they only won because of him
sendpm.gif
  #18  
Old 02-22-2016, 08:02 AM
Navi's Avatar
Navi Navi is offline
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,039
Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A11oftheLights View Post
Firstly I'm a huge reigns fan. I will always believes he cops unfair criticism solely because he's management's pick

If the fans want to boo Reigns out of the building, whatever that's your choice. But you cant do what the Cleveland crowd did at Fastlane. They booed Reigns, as expected then mid-match start up a chant of "This is awesome" (which it was certainly a good match) and then went back to booing Reigns once he scored the pinfall we were all expecting.

You've got to decide if Reigns puts on good matches and deserves his position or you hate him and think he's put in favourable situations. Wrestlemania 31, TLC, the raw after TLC and now Fastlane are all brilliant examples that the guy can clearly go in the ring. The crowd wants to pick and choose but I dont think they should, either respect the man or don't. Jumping back and forward is crap
I'm a Reigns fan as well but I'm meh with last night's ending. I really wanted Ambrose to win. Not just because I like him as well, but just to change it up a little.

We've had the last almost 2 years of the Roman Reigns bandwagon, and the wheels have come off so many times it's unbelievable but they just keep going with it. I don't give a damm if he's management's pick, he's not everyone else's pick, and they are tired of it as well.

Reigns has a great look, one which I might add got him mainly to where he is today. Even without the family connections, he would have made it in the WWE. The problem is though, you can't fall back on your looks forever and yes the guy has come a long way in the last two years but he's had too. And that is the crux of the issue.

They started pushing him when he wasn't all that great. Forget his mic skills, they were pretty much nonexistent, ring work was marginal but he's got that look that Vince loves. So he was put over other wrestlers who had much more experience and the skill set because of his looks. Can he go in the ring, sure, but so can a lot of others. Vince has said no one goes for the brass ring, well I disagree I really think Ambrose has been killing it lately, and he has been used mainly as a sidekick.

You know what just do one better, forget trying to get Reigns over with the majority of the crowd, if it hasn't happened by now, it's not going too. Put him in the main event at Mania, we all knew it was going to happen anyway, let him have his Mania moment. Ignore the fans, what do they know really. Let Vince run the company as he sees fit.

I'm just tired of the does he or does he know deserve to be the face of the WWE. The men in charge think so and that's all that matters, I'm apathetic to the whole thing now.
sendpm.gif
  #19  
Old 02-22-2016, 08:25 AM
Dave's Avatar
Dave Dave is offline
WZCW Head of Creative
World Heavyweight Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 27
Posts: 4,396
Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A11oftheLights View Post
Firstly I'm a huge reigns fan. I will always believes he cops unfair criticism solely because he's management's pick

If the fans want to boo Reigns out of the building, whatever that's your choice. But you cant do what the Cleveland crowd did at Fastlane. They booed Reigns, as expected then mid-match start up a chant of "This is awesome" (which it was certainly a good match) and then went back to booing Reigns once he scored the pinfall we were all expecting.

You've got to decide if Reigns puts on good matches and deserves his position or you hate him and think he's put in favourable situations. Wrestlemania 31, TLC, the raw after TLC and now Fastlane are all brilliant examples that the guy can clearly go in the ring. The crowd wants to pick and choose but I dont think they should, either respect the man or don't. Jumping back and forward is crap
Uh, yeah, I can..

No one is doubting that Romania Reigns is capable of having a good match. Actually, the main event of WrestleMania last year was a very good match. In fact, it was one of the most exciting matches of last year for my money. The way that Leonard hit Romania with everything, only for Roman to rally back and take the Beast down and get the crowd going? That was awesome! I think everyone bought into it and how it was presented because it was a great match.

That said, had Roman actually won the match, there would have been so much booing for him because of the way HE was presented. And there in lies the difference. Most wrestlers are capable of putting on good matches given the right time and the right opponent. But not everyone is going to be a fan favourite and the fans can choose to boo whoever they like. It's like saying that Kevin Owens is not able to have a "this is awesome" chant because people are supposed to boo him.

As has been demonstrated to you, OP, the two are not mutually exclusive. Stop trying to defend the decisions of the WWE because it falls in line with one of your favourites.
__________________
sendpm.gif
  #20  
Old 02-22-2016, 08:26 AM
Jack-Hammer's Avatar
Jack-Hammer Jack-Hammer is online now
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kentucky
Age: 37
Posts: 12,705
Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default

Generally speaking, as some have pointed out, yes fans can have it both ways because, in this particular instance, Reigns was involved in a match featuring two highly popular wrestlers.

Lesnar is booked as this beast and while I agree that it gets kind of old, it's a formula that works because fans are hanging on every move he makes. Dean Ambrose has the personality and told more of a story with his mannerisms and antics during the match than Reigns and Lesnar combined with their entire approach. Reigns was booked, again, to look like Superman and that's really what so many fans have a problem with; they're tired of seeing the classic John Cena approach to building top guys because they don't find it interesting. It's compounded by the fact that even though they look like they're going in a John Cena inspired direction with Reigns, Reigns is no John Cena; whether it's in the ring, on the mic, as a character or displaying personality, Cena is light years ahead of Roman Reigns and people can see it.

I agree that Reigns can hold his own in a match, he's pretty decent inside the ring, but I just don't believe the guy is a main eventer because he has no personality or charisma to speak of. His personality is limited to a few mannerisms when he performs a few of his signature moves and that's pretty much it.

I like Reigns, I genuinely do, but I see him as somebody that's being pushed to a level that's beyond his overall ability. I don't blame the guy for that. I mean, let's face it, ANY wrestler will take a main event spot if it's offered to them regardless of whether or not they themselves think they have the skills; it'd be ridiculous if Hornswoggle was put into the main event, he'd know it as well as anyone, but he'd take the opportunity to be there. Vince simply will not wrap his head around the fact that it's a new day with fans who have a different mind set.
__________________
"What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."


Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices