WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Sports Arena
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-17-2017, 09:59 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion

Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

They managed to shut down Curry, and had an inspired performance from Brown after his friend passed away. Some iffy calls against GS helped as well, so it was a solid win, but I still think that GS would take a seven game series due to their experience in that situation. The thing that is helping Boston right now is that they are playing solid team ball. Yeah, Kyrie is the poster boy, but each night they get a lot of solid performances from a core group of good players.
Old 11-20-2017, 01:13 PM
The Phenom of WZ
WCW TV Champion

SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to SSJPhenom

I get what you're saying, but look at what Boston is doing defensively. They are the number one defense in the league. At first, I thought that it was only for a few games that it would slowly get worse and worse as the season went on, but damn it if they're not getting better and better as the season goes on. 10 games isn't a big enough sample size, but 20 games is. That's a quarter of the season and they are on a 15 game winning streak and shutting down teams from the Warriors to the Mavericks. They're playing amazing team basketball like you said and this is without Hayward. If Hayward were healthy and playing, I think they'd be even better then they are now. Especially offensively.

I think that the Cavs need to watch out. They're not a lock this year to come out of the East for the first time in 4 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShiftLegend View Post
Thus why I'd let a girl put on a strap-on and get in there. You only live once.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 03:34 PM
The Phenom of WZ
WCW TV Champion

SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...

Just some quarter season thoughts:

CP3 and Harden are playing a lot better together than everyone thought they would. I never had a worry that they'd have a problem sharing the ball because they love to share the ball. Especially CP3. He constantly has games where he'll score less than 10 pts a game but will have over 10 ast a game and with only 1 or 2 turnovers. They're going to be a tough out this year in the playoffs. Even for Golden State.

The 76ers are quickly becoming my favorite team to watch in the league. I've never seen a rookie come in and dominate the way that Ben Simmons is. It's not just his scoring, passing, and rebounding either; it's his IQ. He has such a high IQ. He plays to his strengths. He knows that he's not a great jump shooter so he rarely ever shoots beyond 15ft. Yet, even though the defense knows this, they can't stop him at all. Also, Embid is proving that he's more than worth the investment that they made towards him this summer. If they can stay healthy, they'll be one of the absolute best teams in the league in a few years. Trust the Process.

Boston has surprised everyone. I still can't believe how good they are without Hayward. I'm just worried that that's going to start catching up to them at some point. So far so good right now though.

The Cavs are starting to play well. It was too early for all the warning bells and whistles. They didn't and still don't have Rose, Thomas, TT, and others. LeBron is still proving, though, that he is beyond a shadow of a doubt the best player in the league.

The Spurs are worse then I thought they'd be but they don't have their best player so.....

OKC is also worse then I thought they'd be. Ironically, though, with them it's not their defense like you'd think. They're one of the better teams in the league defensively. It's their offense that's lacking and they have 3 of the best offensive players in the league. Too much ball stoppage with Melo and PG. Their offense doesn't flow and that's the problem. 8 of their losses have been with 5 pts or less and most of those were even under 3 pts. With 3 bonafide scorers on their team, that's a big problem.

Lonzo Ball looks like a bust right now. He needs to stop being all passive and get pissed off and play the damn game with no fear or regrets. Right now he's trying to please everyone. He needs to stop doing that and play ball the way he always has.

Just some thoughts for the first part of the season.

Quote:

Last edited by SSJPhenom : 11-28-2017 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:13 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion

Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

Hasn't CP3 been hurt for a fair portion of the season? I think it is too early to say he and Harden are gelling perfectly. I don't buy them as serious playoff contenders. Harden disappears in the post season and Paul has played the most career playoff games without making the conference finals.

I also think you are overstating Hayward's potential impact for Boston. I think a lot of people were though. I like Hayward, but last year was his only truly good season as a pro. Go back and look at his numbers with Utah, he would have an up season followed by a down season, followed by an up season, followed by a down season. Last year he was a consistent all around scorer and found rhythm. It remains to be seen if he could repeat that though.

I'm not at all surprised by OKC's struggles. They brought in two ball dominant forwards to play will a ball hog in Westbrook. Who thought that was a good idea? It shows you can't just pick up a bunch of name players and expect to win. It doesn't help that both Melo and PG are overrated by those who don't watch them night in and night out. Both guys give up when they are having bad nights, PG is one of the least clutch stars in recent memory, and Melo isn't a two way player. None of the three have ever been described as good teammates either.

If Lonzo could develop a jumper, a very teachable skill, he can become a very good player. His passing ability and court vision are outstanding for someone his age and he isn't afraid to get inside and bang with bigger guys to grab boards. It's just his ugly ugly ugly jump shot that holds him back. They need to rework it now while they are still a Lottery team instead of waiting a few years when they could be actual contenders and still having him shoot 30% from the field.

Derek Rose needs to retire. I feel kind of bad for the guy. He was a great athletic slasher who could score inside at will. He was never a great defender or facilitator, but he was a bonafide star at what he did. That ACL injury took almost all that explosiveness away, and he refused to change up his game when he came back. At this point I think his issue is just as much mental as it was playing for Tom Thibodeau. Defensive guru or not, he kills guys careers by grinding them down with excessive minutes.

Oh, and Jason Kidd needs to go. Aside from riding Giannis way too hard, he can't coach. His offensive calls consist of either isolation plays hoping that Giannis will find a shot, or having a guard at the top of the key while the other four guys sort of shamble around the post to their set positions. Defensively, the Bucks should be one of the best teams in the league with plus defenders in Giannis, Bledsoe, Middelton, Henson, Snell, and Brogdon, but no. 99% of the time he instructs the guys to converge on the ball carrier, which leads to them chasing and leaving a wing open for an easy three or drive to the basket. Then when they don't end up chasing, the overuse the double team and the other defenders don't rotate to cover the passing lanes or corner shooters. People will point to his record and say he is decent, but Mark Jackson had a solid record by lucking into a talented team too. The minute Jackson was out and Kerr came in, he made GS way better because he can actually get the most out of the talent he has and not just rely on one or two big names to carry a team.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:45 AM
The Phenom of WZ
WCW TV Champion

I agree with nearly everything you said except for 2 things:

CP3 was injured for most of the start of the season. He's been back for a few games now and they're playing even better than they were without him. I wouldn't have said anything if they were barely winning or their game was just the same or a little worse. The point is they're playing better with CP3. They're better defensively, getting more assists, and Harden is still dominating most of the scoring load. I think that they can only get better from here on.

I take a little issue with your Mark Jackson comment. Lets not act like the Warriors were a fringe playoff team that was going to get better and better no matter if Jackson came in or not cause that's not the case. Jackson was the one that got Curry to start playing to his absolute best potential. Jackson was the one that put Green and Thompson in their positions. It was under Jackson that the Warriors became a legit playoff team and started experiencing success. IMO, Jackson should've never been fired because he is the one that turned that team around. Especially defensively. Now don't get me wrong, Kerr is a great coach and I think he's done a helluva job. They've become the absolute best team in the league under Kerr. It was under Jackson, though, that they started to experience their first major successes and it wasn't just because they were talented. The only major change that Kerr made from the Jackson regime was moving Iggy to the bench.

Quote:
Old 12-05-2017, 01:28 PM
The Phenom of WZ
WCW TV Champion

Does anyone else think that Ben Simmons is going to be a rookie All-Star? Currently he's averaging 18ppg 9rpg 8apg and he's shooting over 50% from the field. I'm already very confident that he's the runaway Rookie of the Year, but if he keeps up those kinds of numbers, I don't see why he wouldn't be an All-Star either. The only question that I have about that is whether he'd be considered a PG or a Forward for the All-Star game.

Thoughts?

Quote:
Old 12-06-2017, 07:30 PM
Where it at doe?
ROH Pure Champion

Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Alright first things first, if the season ended today Harden is my MVP and there should be no doubt. If he doesn’t win it this year, in my opinion it would be the 3rd year in a row he deserved to win it and was ripped off. First year was Harden doesn’t have as much help as Curry so it’s impressive for Curry to do what he was doing (plus they were first/best team ever), last year he had too much help compared to Westbrook and that’s why he didn’t get it. A triple double might of had something to do with that but Harden almost averaged one and his trash ass team was third in the whole league!! This year Lebron is doing Bron things but he has the most op bench ever and IT is going to come back so that’s a huge addition which might even say Lbj isn’t even the MVP of his own team (of course he is but you never know).

Now just a couple of things I noticed from this quarter so far;

As a Lakers fan there is a lot of mixed reactions. Ingram has improved more than I could’ve hoped for and his driving and finishing with contact is his best strength which no one would’ve said last year. I’m really excited to see what he becomes. I can see a 26/8 kinda average for him in the future. Ball has been really disappointing. I know he is a playmaker but I feel he just passes it to the open men instead of getting men open. His dribbles aren’t damaging unless he is going to attack and that means his passes are just quick with no real benefit of passing. It’s actually kinda good Lopez is playing bad this year bccause I don’t want to resign him. Randle proving he should be a laker for life and for the love of god, never wish having Clsrkson and KCP on your team at the same time. They take the worst shots you will ever see.

Thunder have really surprised me. I didn’t think it would be too hard for them to gel but I guess the 3 ball handlers is really them. I just don’t understand, George use to be really good off ball and Melo is a good shot so he should be good off the ball. They still will make he playoffs though.

Not much to say about each team though really. Good seeing Philly show signs of being a force finally. Celtics won’t contend with Cavs in the playoffs and I’m actually a bit worried Detroit could get past Celtics as well if they continue to play how they play. Obviously still going to be Cavs and Warriors in the finals but at least we get a James Harden MVP.

An interesting fact though is Lebron has only got 3 first place votes for the MVP in the last 3 years! Curry unanimous, Westbrook/Harden going ham as well but that’s pretty harsh for the greatest in the game today and arguably a top 10 of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacistHulkHogan View Post
Khalifa tears dude. Tears flowing daddy. Only love. HH
Old 12-07-2017, 06:20 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Lebron is the mvp. Lebron has been getting ripped off in terms of his name being discussed as an MVP candidate. He probably should have won it last year. Both russ and harden broke the record for turnovers (the worst thing you can do with the ball), the spurs were better when Leonard was off the court and curry wasnt as impressive as the year before. I would have given Lebron finals mvp as well. His stat line was the only thing keeping it anywhere near close