WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-21-2017, 11:36 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

When I was kid.

I still really like professional wrestling (why else would I be here?), but I don't get excited for it anymore.

And honestly it's not because I've grown up, it's because they don't have stars anymore.

Cena, HHH, HBK, Edge, Orton, Flair, and those wrestlers were stars.

Reigns, Ambrose, Rollins, Wyatt, Owens, and today's wrestlers are not.

It's a combination of bad booking and lazy writing.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 06:22 PM

Bookerkingston is looking to come up from OCW...

I feel that way whenever they announce that Lesnar will be on the show, other than that i can't really remember....
Old 04-23-2017, 07:58 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...

Religiously, not since the Monday night wars but I'll check on here every once in a while to see what's going on. I grew up on studio wrestling so the big production and long monologues don't do much for me.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:18 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

mkw1962 is looking to come up from OCW...mkw1962 is looking to come up from OCW...mkw1962 is looking to come up from OCW...

I love WWE and I always will, I just love Wrestling. I look forward to it every week even lately. I know that the writing is terrible and the Wrestlers are not quite like the old days (hbk,hhh,mankind,undertaker,rock,stonecold). I guess this is the new crop of stars, mostly I think it is the writing. The actual Wrestling is just as good but they don't use the Wrestlers correctly. We also know a little to much with the internet we get leaked stories, and as someone else said it is always the same when they don't know what to do give the Title back to John or Randy and now here we go again with a part timer Brock holding the Title hostage. I think the new stars like Kevin,A.J.,Seth,Dean and Roman are just fine but they need to have better storylines for them. I still don.t know what the deal is with the hatred towards Roman he is a lot better than he used to be in the ring and on the mic. I heard someone even say it should have been Roman that died and not Rosey, that is just terrible how could someone hate one of the guys that much. They all are just actors and that is there role that they are playing, even if the scripts are bad. I still look forward to it every week.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:52 AM
Is a weird cartoon.
WWE European Champion

ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...ShinChan scored a win over Santino Marella...

Looks like I'm in minority here.

Nonetheless, every freakin' week. You know what? Professional Wrestling is the only programming I watch on TV religiously. Other things like serials, or whatever, Nope. I can't wait to see what happens at next week. Be it Raw, Smackdown or NXT. I'm even more interested to see what happens with my favorites ones. I'll try to read results of NJPW, ROH and IMPACT as well. Too much in love in wrestling to be not intrigued to see what happens next. That's it, I guess.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:01 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

You mean where I've felt compelled to watch an entire show from start to finish? Probably 2002. I've sat through several full episodes of Raw or Smackdown since but always wondered why.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:44 PM
Survive... if I let you!

robinkom is looking to come up from OCW...

For having watched WWF/E since about 1990, and even back then renting every old WWF tape from the 80s I could find, large portions of eras start to blur together and not all my memories are as accurate as I think they are after I go back and check out old episodes on the WWE Network.

For at least any RAW or Smackdown! within the last 5 years, I'd have to say it was the week after CM Punk delivered the infamous "pipe bomb" promo. He became my new "guy," the guy that put my butt in front of the TV. The thing is, up until that point, there hadn't really been a guy that I'd consider "my guy" since Bret Hart in the early to mid-90s.

As a youngster, Bret stood for the things I believed in. Even when he turned heel at the dawn of the Attitude Era, he was morally right in principle, but pop culture was diving headfirst into rebellion and anti-heroes so it made him the heel. While Austin was entertaining to watch, I never gravitated to him like I did Bret. Same for The Rock.

As an adult, CM Punk appealed to my discontent with the overall product. I was discontent because I cared, because I had been a fan for so long I knew they could do better. The things he was saying struck a cord with me and nearly everyone else except the old man that called the shots and his son-in-law. I hung in there as long as Punk was becoming this new top guy and he made me look forward to every RAW for that brief stint.

Then he was squashed and we all heard the stories of what happened between then and him leaving and, honestly, I don't care to hear WWE's side of it because they'll never tell it and they'd twist it to favor them anyway if they did. Bottom line for me was they f*cked my guy over. The only guy who outsold Cena in merch sales, who generated new buzz for their stagnant product, who closer matched the image and attitude that the average 30+ Joe like me could relate to as the top babyface.

It soured me on the product and really kept me from watching the product at all for more than half of 2015 and 2016. Every time I felt that I was getting into again, the thought resurfaced again: "They f*cked over Punk." He says he's over it, he's moved on to new things, I'm happy for him, it shouldn't have continued to bother me but it still did.

However, as of January this year, I've learned to let that go more because I've tuned in for some of the new things they've been trying and it's made both shows pretty interesting again. I wouldn't say I look forward to them every week, but I'm at least back to making it a weekly habit.

As for being "smart" to wrestling, I know everything we can possibly know from this side of the curtain. I used to nitpick and rip them to shreds for their terrible booking and writing but I became so consumed by it that I burned myself out caring and kind of went full circle back to being a kid again in some capacity. Like I know how this and that are done but I'm putting that aside and just allowing myself to be entertained by the wrestling. Instead of going online and writing out how I would have done this or that, I just look at what they ARE doing and try to analyze and predict where they're trying to take it. If I "mark out" for anything, it's well told stories in and out of the ring. I like seeing that live crowd blow the roof off the joint when it's time for a big payoff.

(sorry for the length of this reply, I tried to split it into small paragraphs) ^^;

Last edited by robinkom : 04-24-2017 at 06:46 PM.