WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-08-2011, 03:07 AM
WZCW Grand Slam and
ECW Champion

ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...ABMorales787 is being held back by Triple H...
Default #1 Guy = World Champion

Seems to be the popular claim to defend Randy Orton's latest title win over Christian. Great and dandy. No, I'm not gonna talk about Orton being "boring" or the "overlooking" of Christian or all the stuff that's been repeated over the last few days. I'm gonna focus on the main issue. The alleged mentality that warranted this decision. It dictate's something really simple and straight forward. If you are the top draw on the program, if you are the one who makes the crowd yell the loudest cheers or boo's that not only makes you the most successful in your role, but also dictates you have to be World Champion. That makes sense. I mean, that's kinda how you build your stars and all, right? But somewhere down the line, you gotta wonder... Does that little line need to be taken so seriously that we skip storylines, ignore builds, play politics and just swap champions in a two day's notice? Is that how the system works? Sure, maybe there's more to it than a simple title change and suddenly the entire status quo of the show changes. Maybe there is in fact a method to the controversy. Maybe. Maybe.

But why in God's green earth is that the only thing that makes a decision seem good? I'm not talking about Orton. I'm not talking about Christian. I'm not talking about Mr. McMahon. I'm not talking about the old lady across the street who seems to hate me. I mean you. You, with your hands on the keyboard. Why do you claim this? You don't? Move then, so I can point at the guy who is. Is being the number one draw of the show really that big a deal? That we just bypass the status quo to get to our new point? But on occasion, we can call that off for the sake of testing the grounds with a rookie? Jack Swagger and Sheamus were never near the claim of being the top guys of their shows and they got a good time on the limelight. #1 guys to the side. No fuzz to it. "It's just a test run. Now he knows where he needs to improve." But what does that say about a Christian? Or a Dolph Ziggler? "They weren't ready. They aren't big draws yet and maybe never will".

Let me ask. How the fuck do you know?! Brock Lesnar was just given the ball one day and pretty much ran with the whole company. Then he took the ball to UFC and he's still dribbling the thing. A shit, he just served your dinner. Tell me. Did Vince see something in him? Did he see it on Sheamus too? Was it Triple H? Who saw what on Jack Swagger? What does anyone see in Michael Cole? What doesn't Christian have? Does Dolph Ziggler not have that either? I'm I ever gonna stop with the questions? Probably not.

I'll tell you one thing though. Being the top star does warrant the top item. But at the least, we should get other issues to the side first. Contrary to popular belief, the climax is not the end of a story. That would be a the conclusion. And I'm kinda expecting that "happily and ever after" line to be thrown. If a cliffhanger is left with no resolution and there's no sequel either, it's not a cliffhanger. It's an aborted storyline. And it seems to be what most people endorse.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:15 AM

ipswichicon80 is looking to come up from OCW...ipswichicon80 is looking to come up from OCW...ipswichicon80 is looking to come up from OCW...ipswichicon80 is looking to come up from OCW...ipswichicon80 is looking to come up from OCW...

My problem with Orton given the strap? When Christian won it it actually meant something to me.Imagine that,someone wins the title and it actually means something.Then two days later WWE takes it away and is amazed by the backlash?Why are they amazed?Because they are so out of touch with what the fan wants!"we are a global entertainment company" really? No your not your a wrestling company,you want proof? Everything you have tried to do outside of wrestling has absolutely positively sucked!Your ashamed to be associated with wrestling?Wrestling is ashamed of you!
sendpm.gif
Old 05-08-2011, 04:44 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I think Christian must be to the IWC what Cena is to the majority of WWE fans.

The reason Orton won the title from Christian is simply that the creative team at WWE decided it. Any reason people on the internet give is simply their speculations and opinions. There's no need for us to make excuses for things happening.
Being the #1 draw to a show is important, because the ENTIRE point of Smackdown or Raw is to build up ratings and eventually PPV buys, having the top guys hold the strap has always lead to bigger PPV buys. More people will watch Orton in a title match than Christian, saying "well the internet likes Christian more" isn't going to change that Orton's probably drawn more in half the time than Christian's drew in his career.
WWE is a business, keeping the majority of their audience happy is more important than a bunch of people who believe one of their favorites should hold gold.
Orton's name value is worth more than Christians; Inside, and outside of wrestling.

WWE is listening to it's fans, and just because some fans speak louder than other's, doesn't mean the quieter ones aren't as important.

Unfortunately to burst the bubble, Christian would of never held a world title if Edge hadn't retired.

Last edited by Azane : 05-08-2011 at 04:46 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-08-2011, 04:59 AM

ipswichicon80 is looking to come up from OCW...ipswichicon80 is looking to come up from OCW...ipswichicon80 is looking to come up from OCW...ipswichicon80 is looking to come up from OCW...ipswichicon80 is looking to come up from OCW...

Unfortunately to burst the bubble, Christian would of never held a world title if Edge hadn't retired.
True. The only correct thing in your post.Christian is over. What in 2 days he didn't sell PPV's and draw money?Like Orton draws money? Listen to the fans react to Christian.Then listen to how they react to Orton.Christian can draw money he just needs a chance.The problem is WWE nowadays is too spineless to take a chance.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-08-2011, 06:41 AM
WCW TV Champion

GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswichicon80 View Post
True. The only correct thing in your post.Christian is over. What in 2 days he didn't sell PPV's and draw money?Like Orton draws money? Listen to the fans react to Christian.Then listen to how they react to Orton.Christian can draw money he just needs a chance.The problem is WWE nowadays is too spineless to take a chance.
True

Christian is over but not over enough to carry the company and WWE doesn't believe in him as a main player, as a hard worker yes but not enough to put the company on his back. Orton was moved over to Smackdown to take over from Undertaker as a leader

He was a transitional champ to give an Edge/Christian final moment, nothing more. Though as they said on CSR it wouldn't have killed them to let him keep the belt for a month. 1 title defense is a bit rough but he should be thankfull he was even given the notch in history

Doesn't matter if we like it or not, personally i don't and he shoulda got atleast 1 PPV to defend at but that's what they have dictated.

One thing though i think you failed to notice. They cheered him when he won and when he was making his voctory speech on Smackdown, but when he lost how much support did he get after Orton left? Sweet F*all, the arena was quiet as Christian was left by himself, that sais it all.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:09 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

darbare sold outdarbare sold out

when a guy like Khali who has without a doubt the shittiest wrestling abilities of all time can hold the world title for 2 months, I am baffled Christian with much more mic skill and ring ability cant do the same thing. Hell Dolph Ziggler technically held the title for 1 day, but Christian cant hold it longer? What about Benoit? I'm not saying Christian is even in Benoits league, but Christian also has mic skills that Benoit couldnt dream of. If Benoit could hold it for almost 5 months why cant Christian hold for it a month? And damn, even back then when Benoit had to compete with Triple H at his prime, Brock Lesnar, and Kurt Angle who all had much more to offer in terms of marketability. I guess Christian is this generations Benoit because they fed him to Orton
sendpm.gif
Old 05-08-2011, 09:55 AM
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion

The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswichicon80 View Post
The problem is WWE nowadays is too spineless to take a chance.
Thank the lord, someone agrees with me. I have been saying this for months. WWE are too spineless to take chances. Look, they said he can't carry a show or boost PPV numbers. But, wait, didn't you see the reaction of the people when Christian won the World Heavyweight Championship? They loved it. People have been nagging you, WWE, for years about Christian winning the top prize, yet, you don't do it. Surely, if people are nagging you to do something, doesn't that mean they want to see it? He is very, very popular and yet you think it will do nothing!

If the number 1 guy is supposed to be champion then John Cena would've held the title since 2005. Christian deserves it, Swagger deserves it, Ziggler deserves it, hell, Big Dick Johnson deserves it! Stop what you are doing WWE and instead of doing ridiculous things, do the things people want and you may just get a boost in PPV buys, more fans and get back to the position you were in 10 years ago (when I mean 10 years ago, I'm not saying TNA is any competition).

Christian = Champion
Ziggler = Champion
Swagger = Champion
DiBiase = Champion
Rhodes = Champion (And no, not Goldust)
Ryder = Champion

These are a few of WWE's greatest young talent who people are dying to see have a chance and want to see them as WWE Champion or World Heavyweight Champion. Evan Bourne, people love him. Do something. Some people actually care about Mark Henry, do something. He's won two championships in 12 years. WTF?

Please Vince, do something different! Take a chance!

Last edited by The Perfect Max : 05-08-2011 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Spelling errors and missing words
sendpm.gif
Old 05-08-2011, 05:01 AM
Nick
WWE European Champion

Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...

Orton is the face of Smackdown, just so that's clear. I think people thought room was being cleared for Christian to take Orton's spot, and that was never going to happen. Even if Christian had held the title for a few months, Smackdown isn't his show. It belongs to Orton. I know how painful that is to take in, but it's true. Just as painful for Orton fans to hear when people talk about Cena and Raw.

Orton is younger than Christian. Also, Orton was chosen by the fans. The fans turned him from a heel to a babyface. That didn't happen with Christian. In the end, fans have a choice to make here. If they choose to boo Orton from here on out, fine with me, I like him more as a heel anyhow. But, that didn't seem to be what happened on Friday night. The fans popped like crazy when the ref counted 1-2-3.

What this whole thing boils down to is Orton haters/Christian fans vs. Orton fans. The follow-up show hasn't even taken place yet, and people (Orton haters) are going absolutely insane. For some posters, this seems to be more about hating Orton than loving Christian. If I had to guess, I think most of them thought Christian could save them from Orton. They thought he could take over the show, be the #1 face, and Orton would fall from a 25-story building. Well, sorry to disappoint, but that's not happening. You people worked yourselves into an unrealistic state of mind, and that isn't Orton's fault. It's not Vince's fault either. You wanted something to happen that wasn't in the big plan.

As an Orton fan, don't you think I wanted to see Orton take Cena's spot on Raw? Of course I did. But, I never went nuts, and actually thought it was going to happen. I'm not a big enough mark to just ignore how important Cena is, and you guys should probably consider the same when talking about Orton (and no Killjoy, this comment wasn't directed at you, or anyone else in particular).

Plus, this thing is far from over. You have no idea what the future holds, so just calm down. Maybe the fans turn on Orton, and rebel in favor of Christian. Doubtful, but anything is possible. Maybe Christian turns heel, takes the belt back, and holds it for six months. Let this play out before drawing a final conclusion, that's all I'm getting at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik
Mayor Bloomberg intelligent Jew for not have the yokozuna size drink.the people need to drink the healthy or become king kong bundy class
sendpm.gif
Old 05-08-2011, 05:03 AM

Lucid is looking to come up from OCW...Lucid is looking to come up from OCW...

How many times can Christian "win the big one for Edge"? Doesn't that just make Christian worse in the long run? Oh look, Christian defeated the roster for Edge for the next four years! Awesome. Let's not have him do anything for, yanno...his own motivation or anything. The Edge thing has to end because yanno...he's not gonna wrestle anymore.
Secondly, if you don't enjoy children's television, don't watch children's television.
if you're somehow too smart or sophisticated to enjoy simple things, then get a new hobby deconstructing international politics or something.
No, you don't need your top draw to always carry a title. Cena didn't have it for half a year or whatever and "needed" to have it to tweak the Rock angle. Maybe he even won, because...yanno, he's "The Champ". So what?
Orton "needed" the WHC to say "look, Randy is the star over here on Smackdown."
So what?
Does that mean that those two guys will always be champion? NO.
You know why? They already haven't been champion the whole time.
They are multi-time guys because...they lose. Sure, Orton hasn't lost in a while but you can't really say he'd be the number one guy if he went to Smackdown losing five in a row now can you? As to Cena, he loses as well.
As for establishing new guys, you have the camp of Christian fought for 17 YEARS, but Mark Henry(15 years) blows ass mentality. What do you imagine the guys in the mid-card are trying to do right now? Are you just going to elevate everyone into the main event and make them World Champion...just because? What does that do for anyone? You can't push everyone. It's not rational, and you can't run an industry on what everyone else thinks.
As for boring, I see that a lot. Does anyone actually know what boring means anymore?
Boring means you're not connected and feel like you can't connect. Clearly, if you are bored then you have no interest in what's happening(and you're not posting about it...because...yanno...you're not interested). If you hate it, that's not bored, that's you hating it. That's connected.
The entire lead-in to Extreme Rules no-one had the WHC. That's the statis quo. Randy's build was "I'm gonna get my own show, so I gotta look like I'm capable or else Smackdown goes into the toilet of who-gives-a-fuck" Christian being "the guy" doesn't work on the entirety of his character and build to ER. Christian's build of "I'm a reliable guy winning one for my buddy and just kinda beat another mid-card guy who I beat a few other times in the last two months" doesn't scream number one guy on the show to me at all. Why do you need to establish(put the title on randy) right away? If you don't do that, then a lot of people will be like...ok, why bother bringing Orton over here if "you're just gonna keep him in some other guy's shadow".
Children's television isn't hard to understand. If you're better than watching it, don't.
If you want there to be more adult themes, like say...puppies, or a return to the blood, guts and guys killing themselves on tv then fine. Good for your side. Sex and violence, wooo.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-08-2011, 05:03 AM

CitiBoy7 is looking to come up from OCW...

Yeah so basically Cena and Orton are gonna hold the title for a long time. I don't understand why you think just because they are the biggest stars they have to cling on to the title so no one else can get a chance. I Understand why Cena is champ because raw and their heels but it was no reason why Orton had to become champ and I know he's replacing Edge but now their just over doing it. The real reason why Orton and Cena or champs is because it's what the kids want because you know if the kids favorites don't win the kids get mad and don't wanna watch anymore which would hurt wwe. Basically where stuck like this and maybe this is telling us wwe just isn't for us anymore.
sendpm.gif