WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-11-2018, 11:53 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...I_Like_All_Wrestling is looking to come up from OCW...

Let's not pretend that the Piper stuff isn't there. She's called Rowdy Ronda. She wears his jacket. Her merch and logo are in the style of Piper. The influence is there. But that's what it is. An influence. Similar to Punk and the 3 Star trucks and occasional elbow drop for Randy Savage.

Other than the example instance, they don't really tie her into Piper at all. I suppose it helps with older fans in a sort of homage nostalgia way, but I really don't think saying "Piper likes her" is something that converts a fan. And younger fans probably don't even know who Piper it (shame).

Rousery is over and it has nothing to do with Piper.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:55 AM

Razz is looking to come up from OCW...Razz is looking to come up from OCW...

Totally disagree with the OP. The commercial was excellent. Piper was sort of a mentor for her and she was always a huge wrestling fan. The fact they were able to integrate the clip from his podcast showing his support and encouragement behind her was a great idea and sort of spine tingling message that echoes from beyond. She has over achieved so far and the message shows that Piper believed in her. Wouldn't have worked as a commercial if she didn't have the success she has shown so far. She does not copy his persona or much of it but plays up the Rowdy nickname given to her and the attire in tribute to him. She is being focused on more of a female stonecold like character if any.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:35 AM

Glacier is looking to come up from OCW...Glacier is looking to come up from OCW...Glacier is looking to come up from OCW...

Next thing you know she will have a tag team partner named
Sandy Savage who will run into the ring carrying Slim Jims and
shouting "Ohhh Yeah!"
Old 07-12-2018, 02:39 PM
WWE Champion
Knockout Champion

Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...

Ronda has been over since she debuted. No worries there.

Roddy Piper was her mentor, so i guess she's paying tribute to him through her wrestling career.

She's a megastar and the only reason the women are getting pushed in WWE. Her success made WWE open their eyes to women athletes.

Ronda is just fine. No need to whine over nothing.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:20 PM

wwe fan2009 is a member of the JOB SQUAD

yeah she is paying homage to him with rowdy and the jacket and shirt but that's about it, she is her own person.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:20 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...

She became friends with him before his passing and WWE gave her his image but she was already that type badass character in MMA. Other than look there is nothing in her mannerisms that makes her like Roddy. Roddy is like the original loose cannon.
Old 07-14-2018, 04:12 AM

Glacier is looking to come up from OCW...Glacier is looking to come up from OCW...Glacier is looking to come up from OCW...

That may not be Piper talking in that video.

Sounds like an impersonator of some sort.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:20 AM

Razz is looking to come up from OCW...Razz is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
That may not be Piper talking in that video.

Sounds like an impersonator of some sort.
It's from when Piper had a podcast for a while, Ronda was a guest on one episode: https://soundcloud.com/piperspit/pp-...y-ronda-rousey
Old 07-14-2018, 09:07 AM

Ceen is looking to come up from OCW...

She probably is paying some tribute as Ronda was a fan, and I think she probably is a big fan, so that connection is why the Nickname.
But she is without all the Rowdy, a top star. She made herself. She works hard, she is not a Lesnar. I like her because of this, she is different from a standard women/men who came as a star and part times bad. The match with Nia is the main evidence, she looked reslly good for someone who is not a pro, she still is a rookie, but has a better setup than some NXT’s and WWE’s roster
Old 07-14-2018, 08:22 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
In the two matches Rousey has worked in WWE, she's gotten a bigger reaction from fans than Piper saw in decades, maybe ever at any point in his career.
I like some of your posts. I dislike some of your posts. Our opinions sometimes differ, but you generally seem to know what you’re talking about. The above is probably the dumbest thing I’ve seen from you.

Rousey has gotten big reactions—mostly because WWE gives its fans very little to get excited about these days. The delta in crowd noise would be less in better eras. But to even hint that it has possibly approached the biggest reactions Piper ever got in his career is not only ridiculous. It is dumb and I hope you can admit to mistakes. Indefensible.