WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-26-2010, 02:20 AM
[This Space for Rent]
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...TheOneBigWill is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via MSN to TheOneBigWill
Default Dark Days Ahead?

Simply put, should the Undertaker turn heel. He's mainly always been a face because of the fact that he isn't a full time worker and when he's on any show, he always receives massive pops. So it makes sense to keep him face.

However, those few and far between moments of darkness in which he truly was evil. (I'm mainly recalling the Ministry days) He was on top, and not just as a side-show attraction. He was one of the true best at what he does and bringing in ratings.

While the Company is in this PG era as it were, I doubt they could/would swing with sacrifices and devilish forced weddings. However, in the near future (once Smackdown establishes better faces beyond the Big Show, Christian and Kofi Kingston) would it be in the Undertaker's best interest.. to turn heel?

Could this work? If so, how?

The way I see it, Smackdown's top heels are; Jack Swagger, C.M. Punk and Drew McIntyre. None of them, with minor exception to Punk, have what it takes to carry a brand as the top heel. The Undertaker could do it. What does everyone think?

Make sure to explain yourselves. Explain how you feel this would or would not work. Add examples of what could happen to make this work, or why you truly feel it'd never work for the Undertaker again.

Be Happy, Have Faith, Believe That ALL Things Are Possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
There are a lot of retards in this world, it only takes one of them to lick an elevator button for all of us to be fucked.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-26-2010, 03:20 AM
Has a pretty good dick.
WWE Diva's Champion

Via Armbar scored a win over Santino Marella...Via Armbar scored a win over Santino Marella...Via Armbar scored a win over Santino Marella...Via Armbar scored a win over Santino Marella...Via Armbar scored a win over Santino Marella...Via Armbar scored a win over Santino Marella...Via Armbar scored a win over Santino Marella...Via Armbar scored a win over Santino Marella...Via Armbar scored a win over Santino Marella...Via Armbar scored a win over Santino Marella...Via Armbar scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via AIM to Via Armbar Send a message via MSN to Via Armbar

There would be a major face void on Smackdown. You have Big Show who is currently doing a decent job at being the show's top face but other than him you have Mysterio as the other top face. Not to knock either of those men but neither should be carrying a show. Not to mention Taker would be feuding with those two guys more than likely. I really don't see Show being able to have the crowd on his side against Taker whether the deadman was a heel or not. Show can get acceptable pops against guys like Swagger but Taker is someone that really can transcend the whole face/heel dynamic. Mysterio could possibly get the crowd on his side if Undertaker really took it to him with random beat downs and sneak attacks. Really though, does that sound like Taker? That just doesn't fit the character.

He can always play things up a little heelish. He did at certain points with Michaels so he is certainly capable of getting booed. The situation has to be just right though. You need a mega face for him to feud with and there are few in the WWE right now. The angle also has to be right. People really understood that Michaels could retire and they didn't want it to happen. A normal feud over a title just isn't going to do the trick. There is no point in turning him completely heel at this time in his career. He probably only has a year or two left and going through the transformation I feel would be needed to do it just isn't productive. It would be interesting for sure, but very unlikely and incredibly hard to pull of completely.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-26-2010, 06:58 AM
SHALL WE BEGIN?
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

LULZ good luck with that. The Undertaker could chokeslam a baby and still get a face reaction.

Preposterous idea anyway, SD already has a DIRE lack of major face talent, why on fucking earth would you turn the most over face they have? They only have about 3 or 4 legit guys as it is, turning one of them would be nuts.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:23 AM
Fuck erbody but me
X-Division Champion

Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via MSN to Nate DaMac

Simply put, I just don't think it would work. From a strictly shock value standpoint, it would be excellent...... for about a month. Then the shock dissolves and reality sets in: There is only one face on Smackdown that could believably and truly defeat him, and that's The Big Show. Does anyone really want to see that program dragged out for 2-3 months? I'm not one to bash Show, but as a face, feuding with brash heels like Miz, Swagger, and Jericho are far more entertaining than watching him go up against someone like Taker. And even after all of that, who would be next? Christian? Meh. It would be alright but if Christian were to get even a fluky victory over him, it would be forgotten immediately. Kofi? You'd dislocate your shoulder trying to reach for that one. Maybe Kane. Lord knows that has never happened before. I just don't think there's any logical reason to make this happen. You'd have to bring Cena or Orton to Smackdown, I don't even think HHH would get a face reaction against Taker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
I'm not big on the ethnic groups.

Last edited by Nate DaMac : 05-26-2010 at 10:24 AM. Reason: apostrophe
sendpm.gif
Old 05-26-2010, 12:30 PM
Part Time Poster
Mr. Money in the Bank

Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...

While it is a good idea in retrospective, I just couldn't see it happening. Taker gets a good reaction no matter what he does and rarely will he get booed (I remember some boos during his stuff with HBK, but HBK got some as well. Pretty much just who you preferred). Plus SD is lacking in the face department more so than the heel department in my mind. Yes they have Mysterio, but I don't see Rey as the top drawing face of a brand and in main event feuds for the title. I think the role he has now is much better suited for him. Taker when he returns will be the top face and will likely work a program with Swagger over the title down the road. The positive thing with having Taker as a face is that he elevates the heel to a step above where they were before working with him. Whatever heel works with Taker will get some needed heat and the guys like Swagger and McIntyre who need some more heat will only benefit. I'm not sure if Taker was a heel he'd help the faces out like that. Those that prefer Taker would still take him over the faces.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:06 PM
Nick
WWE European Champion

Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...

It's been said already, but Smackdown just doesn't have a babyface on it's roster that could get the crowd to boo Taker. Big Show is doing alright against Swagger, but I think that has a lot to do with Show being a veteran guy, a familiar face. Swagger is new to the title scene, so there isn't a face he could wrestle that wouldn't look credible against him.

Christian just isn't on Taker's level. He's over with the fans, but not like Taker, not even close (nothing wrong with that, Taker is about as over as you can get right now). Also, Christian is more of a comedic face, which wouldn't play well in having a feud with a supernatural character like Taker. Kofi..yeah, he isn't ready for that feud, not even close.

To be honest, I'm not sure there is a babyface on the entire WWE roster that could get the crowd to boo Taker. Cena is the most popular, obviously. But would live crowds really side with Cena over Taker (kids would, no doubt)? I think in some cities, yes (Boston, obviously). But in a lot of cities, I could see Cena taking the majority of the heat, regardless of storyline. Same goes for Orton. He is probably the hottest face they have going right now, but could they be sure that Taker would be booed as a heel?

I just feel, at this point in Taker's career, it would be really, really hard to get him serious heat from any live crowd. I have a feeling you could have him kayfabe murder someone on television, and the crowd would go nuts for him. I'm just not sure there is anything he could do to make the crowd hate him anymore.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-26-2010, 01:14 PM
Has Returned.
Intercontinental Champion

Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...Ferbian scored a win over Santino Marella...

I think it's kinda obvious that Undertaker will be very very hard to turn into a heel, while it can be done, we have to remember this is the guy who got a face reaction against Shawn Michaels, at both Wrestlemania's, this is the guy who gets one of the companies biggest pops, if not the biggest (I may question it, I have to compare him with Cena and Randy at the same show first)

As many people have said, turning Undertaker heel would leave a large void on Smackdown, a large void in WWE overall I feel, but ultimately, as I said, it would be hard, he'd get cheered for the most of it anyway, because, it may be me, but I just feel there's always been somewhat of a heel characteristic over Undertaker, I believe he's been classified as a tweener for the most of his career, due to being cheered, even if he chokeslams the shit out of a guy like John Cena, who he fucking tombstoned, and still got cheered.

I wouldn't mind seeing them attempt to turn Undertaker, but I ultimately, won't be surprised if it failed.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:17 PM
Special Victims Unit
WWE Women's Champion

Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...Serious Mozzarella scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via AIM to Serious Mozzarella Send a message via MSN to Serious Mozzarella Send a message via Skype™ to Serious Mozzarella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal View Post
LULZ good luck with that. The Undertaker could chokeslam a baby and still get a face reaction.
Well the problem with that is that anyone put up against Undertaker is going to look like the underdog, whether or not they have a champion. If you put 'Taker in a feud with someone like Rey Rey, to establish his heel-turn, and have him do some nasty shit, I'm sure you could squeeze some heel reactions from the live audience, if you really, really tried. I mean, worst case scenario, you'll get a tweener, Randy Orton type pop.

I think turning him heel would work, but it probably won't be a good idea, what with the 4(?) faces on Smackdown right now?
sendpm.gif
Old 05-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Future Endeavored
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

MoneyMack is looking to come up from OCW...MoneyMack is looking to come up from OCW...

As most people have already mentioned- Smackdown is lacking faces currently. So I dont really see it happening anytime soon. But I would love to see Taker as a heel one last time before he decides to hang up his boots & retire.

How would I do it? First- let me say that putting him up against guys like Cena or ReyRey isnt the best way to do it IMO. Too many fans love Taker & will cheer him no matter what he does- as some of you have suggested he murder someone. SO- How would I do it myself??

I personally think theres only ONE way to do this heel turn correctly & I dont know if the guy im thinking about is still available to work. Bring back Paul Bearer with Undertakers Urn! Taker wouldnt be able to talk for himself anymore. Paul Bearer now "owns" the Undertakers soul again & Taker does whatever Bearer tells him to do. THEN & only then does PB have Taker start taking out the companies top faces. Taker goes back to worshiping PB, but even more- the urn. THIS is the ONLY way I personally can see Taker being a heel ever again. Some "veteran fans" will still love Taker- its a given. But taking the mic out of his hand and making him work under Paul Bearer again would turn alot, if not all of the "younger generation" of Taker fans.

This would be how I would do it. & I REALLY think it would work. Its funny this topic was just brought up- cuz I was talking with my friends the other day about: Undertaker needing to turn heel ONE last time before retirement.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:02 PM
the root of all evil
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...

you wanna have taker turn heel? make it easy... have him shave his head and join the straight edge society.
sendpm.gif