WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-15-2016, 07:33 PM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default Does Shane have no respect for "the rematch" clause?

I have noticed, since Shane McMahon has started running Raw, that he doesn't seem to show any respect for something that has been wrestling for years. PPV main events are built on it, feuds are continued on it.

That is the ex-champion's "rematch clause".

Here are three examples of the rematch clause being ignored since WM32.

1) Triple H- Shane books a Fatal-4-Way on RAW which A.J. Styles wins. But did he forget that the previous champion, Triple H, has not had his rematch for the WWE Title he lost to Roman Reigns at WM?

There is no need for a No. 1 Contender's Match until the ex-champion has exhausted his opportunity.

Now, if this was explained away in the storylines it would make more sense. For example, maybe when Vince gave Shane the chance to run "Raw" "for the night" Shane should have used that opportunity to sack Triple H and Stephanie. Maybe have Triple H mention that he wanted a rematch that night on Raw, but Shane sacks him and orders a Fatal-4-Way. Then it would have made sense. But to ignore Triple H altogether doesn't make sense, considering that, when he returns and takes back Raw, he could just remove A.J. Styles from the main event, and place himself there instead.

2) Kevin Owens- It isn't just the WWE Title where the rematch clause is ignored. At least twice in two weeks, it has happened for the IC belt.

Firstly, last week on Raw, why did Miz get a title shot against Zack Ryder, and beat him for the title. Kevin Owens, as the previous champion, deserves a rematch, so they should have had Owens v Ryder.

Then, this week, when Owens calls out Shane on it, Shane says that Owens has to "earn" his shot. Why? He never got his rematch to begin with. He is OWED a rematch, he doesn't have to earn it.

3) Zack Ryder- Continuing on from this, not only did Owens have to fight in a match to "earn" the right for a shot at a title he already had the right to fight for, they then stuck him in the No.1 Contender's Match with - CESARO?

What about Zack Ryder's rematch clause? Ryder, as the most previous IC champion, should have fought Owens, since both are the last two champions before the Miz? How has Cesaro earned a shot at anything recently?

Also, why even have Zack Ryder win the IC belt, if he is going to lose it the next night, and then not even feature in the program to get it back? Why not just have the Miz win at WM32, and claim the belt straight away?

I wonder if Shane got a rematch when he lost the European title or the Hardcore title all those years ago? If so, he is a hypocrite. If not, he is just bitter.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2016, 08:06 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Zack Ryder already had his rematch for the Intercontinental Championship: he had it on the first SmackDown after WrestleMania and he lost. As a result, I see no real reason why Ryder should be given any sort of preferential treatment. Besides, as a fan, I can say that I have little to no interest whatsoever in Miz vs. Ryder III. As for the WWE Championship, again, I can't say that I'm all that intrigued to see Reigns vs. Triple H II anytime in the near future; we've seen that program quite a bit since the end of last year and I've got no problem with it being put on the backburner. Besides, Triple H hasn't been "denied" a rematch, he's been "overseeing various duties as the C.O.O. of WWE" and those duties will keep him out of the ring for a while; as a result, it's entirely possible Trips could demand for his rematch later on down the line when, possibly, it feels fresher.

As for Kevin Owens getting another shot at the Intercontinental Championship, it's easy to see where WWE is going with the whole thing. Shane is going to be sticking around for a while as a babyface authority figure with some backbone, something that we haven't seen very much of in WWE for a long while, and the Raw after WrestleMania is traditionally viewed as a means of giving just about everything in WWE a fresh start. As part of generating some degree of genuine feeling that's happening, certain things like guaranteed rematches are being looked over right now concerning heels like Kevin Owens because it generates support for Shane as a babyface. What we're getting instead is a couple of programs and potential programs that fans have been wanting to see for a while: the Zayn vs. Owens singles feud is going to be moving forward, AJ Styles has his shot at the WWE Championship, Triple H & Stephanie are off television for a while, Cesaro might become Intercontinental Champion and receive a strong run as champion. As a fan, when I compare those happenings with seeing a pointless feud with Miz & Zack Ryder or Cesaro spinning his wheels, I think I'll stick with what we're getting right now. In a perfect world, I wouldn't mind if Owens had retained and his feud with Zayn was for the IC title but, surprise, I don't always get everything I want and I'm okay with that.

Also, you do know that Shane McMahon really isn't "running" anything right? It's just a storyline. The same executives are in the same spots they've been in, the same writers are still working and Vince McMahon still maintains control of WWE, especially making the final creative decisions, with an iron fist.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2016, 08:18 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
I have noticed, since Shane McMahon has started running Raw, that he doesn't seem to show any respect for something that has been wrestling for years. PPV main events are built on it, feuds are continued on it.

That is the ex-champion's "rematch clause".

Here are three examples of the rematch clause being ignored since WM32.

1) Triple H- Shane books a Fatal-4-Way on RAW which A.J. Styles wins. But did he forget that the previous champion, Triple H, has not had his rematch for the WWE Title he lost to Roman Reigns at WM?

There is no need for a No. 1 Contender's Match until the ex-champion has exhausted his opportunity.

Now, if this was explained away in the storylines it would make more sense. For example, maybe when Vince gave Shane the chance to run "Raw" "for the night" Shane should have used that opportunity to sack Triple H and Stephanie. Maybe have Triple H mention that he wanted a rematch that night on Raw, but Shane sacks him and orders a Fatal-4-Way. Then it would have made sense. But to ignore Triple H altogether doesn't make sense, considering that, when he returns and takes back Raw, he could just remove A.J. Styles from the main event, and place himself there instead.

2) Kevin Owens- It isn't just the WWE Title where the rematch clause is ignored. At least twice in two weeks, it has happened for the IC belt.

Firstly, last week on Raw, why did Miz get a title shot against Zack Ryder, and beat him for the title. Kevin Owens, as the previous champion, deserves a rematch, so they should have had Owens v Ryder.

Then, this week, when Owens calls out Shane on it, Shane says that Owens has to "earn" his shot. Why? He never got his rematch to begin with. He is OWED a rematch, he doesn't have to earn it.

3) Zack Ryder- Continuing on from this, not only did Owens have to fight in a match to "earn" the right for a shot at a title he already had the right to fight for, they then stuck him in the No.1 Contender's Match with - CESARO?

What about Zack Ryder's rematch clause? Ryder, as the most previous IC champion, should have fought Owens, since both are the last two champions before the Miz? How has Cesaro earned a shot at anything recently?

Also, why even have Zack Ryder win the IC belt, if he is going to lose it the next night, and then not even feature in the program to get it back? Why not just have the Miz win at WM32, and claim the belt straight away?

I wonder if Shane got a rematch when he lost the European title or the Hardcore title all those years ago? If so, he is a hypocrite. If not, he is just bitter.
Maybe you should work your dilemma out with this guy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
WWE has the right to book who they want on top, you have the right to whine and grizzle about it, and to switch off or not buy tickets, instead of coming on here, complaining and then following it with action of actually walking away, instead of just talking about it.

I have the right to come on here and talk to fans of wrestling about our love for wrestling, without trolls trying to criticize the product at every turn.
The stories are simple and shouldn't need explanation. HHH has a rematch clause but he doesn't seem to be around to take advantage of it along with all the other advantages he has in his role as basically the boss. Owens inserted himself in the World Championship scene plus he's kind of a dick so why would Shane give him anything easy. Zack Ryder got his rematch and lost on Smackdown. He needs to get in the back of the line since he wasn't much of a winner to begin with.

But I'd much rather talk about our love of wrestling.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2016, 08:41 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...

WWE hadn't always respected rematch clauses. The Rock still hadn't got his lol and his lost the title 3 years ago. I'm not sure if you could count Orton's match at Battleground 2014 as his rematch.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2016, 09:09 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Well actually I don't think HHH is even interested in a rematch with Reigns. He was just a placeholder till Mania and he was used to put Reigns over, because he was a better alternative than Sheamus was. So Reigns has the title, and he will most likely hold it till Summerslam or the Rumble. HHH is out of the picture.

Ryder lost the title to the Miz, and had his rematch already and lost. So now techinally Owens should have a match with Ryder, but he's destined for a feud with Zayn. This clears the way for a returning Cesaro to get in on the action.

And before you ask "Why Cesaro?", why not, he's just that damm good and deserves a run with a midcard belt.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-15-2016, 09:58 PM
I Don't Need No User Title
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Shane McMahon is NOT running things or making any decisions. He's just there.

Triple H hasn't been on TV. No one wants to see HHH vs. Roman again anyway.

Who wants to see Kevin Owens vs. The Miz? Let's just hop right in to Owens vs. Zayn.

Zack Ryder will get his rematch. I don't see why it can't be a triple threat match.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-16-2016, 03:56 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
Zack Ryder will get his rematch. I don't see why it can't be a triple threat match.
Well I reckon that you didn't read above posts revealing that he has already got it.

Zack Ryder lost the title at Raw and was provided the rematch on the following Smackdown itself.

As for the OP, Shane McMahon is just in an on-screen role. He has nothing to do with making matches.

Triple H hasn't appeared since Wrestlemania so how come he gets a rematch?

Owens challenged Reigns on the Wrestlemania-fallout Raw for the big title but he failed to become the No. 1 contender for it. So this week he asked for a rematch and simply had to earn it as he should but couldn't because then it would be a heel Vs. heel match for championship which rarely happens.

And Ryder defended against Miz because Miz was going to win and Ryder pushed him off the ladder to win. So isn't it justified to defend against Miz?
sendpm.gif
Old 04-16-2016, 05:25 AM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

In the history of wrestling, if the guy that beat the former champion loses the championship, the former loses his rematch clause, so sadly, owens doesn't have a rematch clause anymore since ryder lost the belt to miz and even got his rematch so let move on from this.

Has for the wwe championship, it's clear that hhh isn't coming back for now so what is shane to do, not have a title match at payback ? Wait for hhh to show up and use his rematch clause? Storyline wise, they needed to find a number 1 contender since hhh wasn't coming back and I wouldn't be surprise if they use the rematch clause thing at another ppv.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-16-2016, 05:57 AM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
Zack Ryder already had his rematch for the Intercontinental Championship: he had it on the first SmackDown after WrestleMania and he lost. As a result, I see no real reason why Ryder should be given any sort of preferential treatment. Besides, as a fan, I can say that I have little to no interest whatsoever in Miz vs. Ryder III. As for the WWE Championship, again, I can't say that I'm all that intrigued to see Reigns vs. Triple H II anytime in the near future; we've seen that program quite a bit since the end of last year and I've got no problem with it being put on the backburner. Besides, Triple H hasn't been "denied" a rematch, he's been "overseeing various duties as the C.O.O. of WWE" and those duties will keep him out of the ring for a while; as a result, it's entirely possible Trips could demand for his rematch later on down the line when, possibly, it feels fresher.

As for Kevin Owens getting another shot at the Intercontinental Championship, it's easy to see where WWE is going with the whole thing. Shane is going to be sticking around for a while as a babyface authority figure with some backbone, something that we haven't seen very much of in WWE for a long while, and the Raw after WrestleMania is traditionally viewed as a means of giving just about everything in WWE a fresh start. As part of generating some degree of genuine feeling that's happening, certain things like guaranteed rematches are being looked over right now concerning heels like Kevin Owens because it generates support for Shane as a babyface. What we're getting instead is a couple of programs and potential programs that fans have been wanting to see for a while: the Zayn vs. Owens singles feud is going to be moving forward, AJ Styles has his shot at the WWE Championship, Triple H & Stephanie are off television for a while, Cesaro might become Intercontinental Champion and receive a strong run as champion. As a fan, when I compare those happenings with seeing a pointless feud with Miz & Zack Ryder or Cesaro spinning his wheels, I think I'll stick with what we're getting right now. In a perfect world, I wouldn't mind if Owens had retained and his feud with Zayn was for the IC title but, surprise, I don't always get everything I want and I'm okay with that.

Also, you do know that Shane McMahon really isn't "running" anything right? It's just a storyline. The same executives are in the same spots they've been in, the same writers are still working and Vince McMahon still maintains control of WWE, especially making the final creative decisions, with an iron fist.

I get what you are saying.

I don't mind if they are pushing guys like AJ, Cesaro and Zayn up. But the storylines and the reasons for them have to make sense.

For example, you said that Shane may the authority figure for a while. Well, this doesn't make sense because he LOST at WM.

So after Vince did everything to destroy his son, and stop him running Raw, he lets him run Raw anyway.

This is why this year's WM was pointless. Zach Ryder winning meant nothing, if he loses the belt the next night. A.J. gets a WWE Title shot after LOSING at Wrestlemania, and Shane runs Raw after LOSING his match.

I am just questioning the illogical storylines of late, and how they say one thing, and then do another.

Do everything they are doing now, but then explain why. Have Shane gain control by blackmailing Vince (by whatever was in this strongbox that was mentioned). Have Owens lose his belt at WM, Zach beats him, Miz beats him, and have a Triple-Threat at "Payback". Have Triple H not get a rematch because Shane fires him from WWE. Stuff like this explains why they are doing things like that. Maybe even have Shane say that he no longer honors "rematch clauses". But they seem to be doing a bunch of things without explaining on air why.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-16-2016, 05:59 AM
Accidental spam artist

Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Hey let's not forget about Batista. He still hasn't gotten his rematch.
sendpm.gif