WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-20-2014, 12:13 PM
Thread Killer
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...Danger Burger scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_Swagger View Post
Well I guess MVP (or what his name is going to be) has burned his bridge with the WWE now. Because they told him when he had left to go wrestle in Japan that the open was always open for him to return to the WWE, but if he were to sign with TNA the door would be closed on him.
Where do you glean this information from? I never heard anything of the sort. And WWE have welcomed several guys back from TNA before. Booker, Truth, Christian to name a few. Why would it be any different for MVP??

I missed the MVP period in WWE, but I've heard good things, and he's a step above the usual signings for TNA. New angles, new matchups, why not.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:07 PM
A REAL American
WWE Women's Champion

CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...CM Steel worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Burger View Post
Where do you glean this information from? I never heard anything of the sort. And WWE have welcomed several guys back from TNA before. Booker, Truth, Christian to name a few. Why would it be any different for MVP??

I missed the MVP period in WWE, but I've heard good things, and he's a step above the usual signings for TNA. New angles, new matchups, why not.
Well MVP himself just said via Twitter that he's NOT signing with TNA wrestling and it was only a rumor. So I guess there's nothing further to discuss on this subject. Have a nice day :-)
sendpm.gif
Old 01-20-2014, 01:23 PM

Cody Trail is looking to come up from OCW...Cody Trail is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
MVP was a name in the late 2000s but I never really got the big plus side to him. I found him to be ok in the ring and charismatic but nothing more than that. However, this is starting to address TNA's biggest concern: the need for some fresh faces (as in people, not good guys). THe roster TNA has is decent but they're running out of matches they can have against each other. Bringing in names like the Wolves and MVP isn't going to solve these problems but it might alleviate them a little bit.
Unfortunately, TNA is incapable of creating stars of their own. Signing MVP is just another example of Dixie Carter bottom feeding off of Vince McMahon's has-beens and left-overs. Only now, any has-been or left-over with any shread of star power left (outside of Kurt Angle) is gone.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-20-2014, 01:35 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Slash-LN scored a win over Santino Marella...Slash-LN scored a win over Santino Marella...Slash-LN scored a win over Santino Marella...Slash-LN scored a win over Santino Marella...Slash-LN scored a win over Santino Marella...Slash-LN scored a win over Santino Marella...Slash-LN scored a win over Santino Marella...Slash-LN scored a win over Santino Marella...Slash-LN scored a win over Santino Marella...Slash-LN scored a win over Santino Marella...Slash-LN scored a win over Santino Marella...

I never really cared much for MVP in WWE until I had personal interaction with him and he was really awesome. Then I kind of started rooting for him.

I was kind of hoping TNA would be bringing in some younger guys to make stars.
I mean he's already 40 so there isn't a whole lot of time there to build him up. He would almost need an instant push when he came in. If he actually does come in.

I know some guys wrestle into their 50s and stuff but let's not fool ourselves. MVP isn't exactly a Sting or Ric Flair type name. He probably wouldn't get the same response long term that those guys get even in their older years.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-20-2014, 02:49 PM

Loganity is looking to come up from OCW...

IF this is true it's a decent signing for TNA But it is 2014 so for me personally I have little interest in MVP. Being "apart" of the storyline would be fine, but if he IS the new "investor" that's a bit of a letdown, of course TNA are pretty good for letdowns...
sendpm.gif
Old 01-20-2014, 05:56 PM

Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_Swagger View Post
Well MVP himself just said via Twitter that he's NOT signing with TNA wrestling and it was only a rumor. So I guess there's nothing further to discuss on this subject. Have a nice day :-)
Yeah because MVP would go on Twitter and just admit he signed with TNA. Use your brain, that doesn't mean anything, and Meltzer saying he signed with TNA means nothing to. These people like Meltzer give false information all the time and TNA obviously wouldn't want MVP to give away on twitter he signed with them, especially if they want to keep it a secret.

WOAT: AJ Lee, Zack Ryder, Dixie Carter
sendpm.gif
Old 01-20-2014, 07:01 PM
Ambassador of the Grind
WWE Women's Champion

Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...Lowdown worked a dark match on ECW recently...

MVP was ok as a performer around '05/06, but I wouldn't say he was a major factor in those days either. Would I welcome him to TNA? Sure, why not. TNA appears to be trying to make some moves for the future. I can see MVP being apart of the investor plot as well.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:03 PM

Metal Head Mike is looking to come up from OCW...

MVP could be good signing for TNA. This could lead to bigger names signing with TNA in the near furure. Did follow his work in NJPW. Hope he brings the energy he had there. I'd like to see him work with Kenny King in the near future. Could be a good pairing IMO. Throw in Willie Mack could be a cool stable of wrestlers 2 good young guys with veteran leadership. Wishful thinking on Willie Mack. Would like to see what he bring to the table. Been a Willie Mack fan for years
sendpm.gif
Old 01-20-2014, 08:08 PM
Unregistered User
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Barack Lesnar is looking to come up from OCW...Barack Lesnar is looking to come up from OCW...Barack Lesnar is looking to come up from OCW...Barack Lesnar is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
They're about 5 years too late with MVP. If he'd quit WWE a year sooner and had joined TNA short time later he could've been a real asset. But his main and bet run in wrestling was 6.5/7 years ago. He's a has been and seems like a low-rent signing.

Though I'll just pretend it's 2006 and look forward to him having that long awaited feud with Kennedy/Anderson.
This.

This would have been amazing RIGHT after he left the WWE.

Decent in-ring, and a very charismatic dude with an original gimmick and great on the mic.

IMO, he suffered from WWE having too many stars (although he could have easily been a World Champion on Smackdown but whatever, spilled milk).

But now? He's 40 years old and I don't think it'd be logical to base the company around him. However I definitely would enjoy seeing him on TV.

If he's the new "investor", cool. Don't know how that would kayfabe make sense since he never had the gimmick of being rich but it's better than Dixie.

TNA needs to sign John Morrison. Great with promos, could be the face of their company in a crossover capacity, could do movies and whatnot, and not that old.