WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Interactive (Tournament) Archives > Tournaments Archive > Wrestlezone Tag Tournament > 2nd Tag Team Tournament (2008)
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: The Outsiders vs. AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels
Outsiders 12 52.17%
Staniels 11 47.83%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via AIM to Shocky Send a message via MSN to Shocky
Default WCW Semi-Final; Match 1: The Outsiders vs. AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels

The following match takes place in the WCW Region under WCW Rules.

The Outsiders (Scott Hall and Kevin Nash)

vs.

AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels

sendpm.gif
Old 11-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Deadly Rap Cannibal
King of the Ring

Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...

Styles and Daniels would give them a run for their money, but the Outsiders have too much going for them. The size difference would be too much for a team like Styles and Daniels.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Rear Naked Bloke

Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...

Yeah, after they toppled Owen Hart and Yokozuna.

Overrated. It's a word that's thrown around a lot these days. However, it's a label the Outsiders are all too familiar with. They've been called it so much that any pro-Outsiders argument will address it even if no opponent has brought it up. Personally, I feel it's fitting.

Yes, The Outsiders were two thirds of the core nWo group. They were six time WCW world champions. But what did all this really entail? I put it to you that The Outsiders are something dreadful; a tag team no more than the sum of their parts. Even teams like Angle & Benoit added to each other, through rivalry and tension. But The Outsiders were just two guys, not really a team. I also put it to you that The Outsiders are not famous due to their in-ring skills, especially as a team. They spent most of their time posing in front of the camera, mouthing off and flailing their limbs wildly, big arrogant smirks on their faces. This was during their matches even. Sure, makes great heel psychology. Ultimately though, it's a massive weakness. The Outsiders are a pie of all crust and no filling.

AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels, they have plenty of filling. It's all juicy, tasty filling. While Hall and Nash are busy posing and insulting commentators, yada, yada, yada, Staniels will have already kicked their asses across the state and back before they can properly focus again. And say they do get the advantage back, it'll just be wasted when one of them starts combing their hair for the benefit of the audience. There's just no keeping up with a pace that electrifying when you stop every two seconds to pretend to spit at someone... and especially when you're Kevin "my knees, my knees!" Nash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu Papi, KJ View Post
Murdering him was obviously the wrong course of action, but it certainly wasn't unprovoked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat of Doom View Post
No one can be that big of a cunt and obnoxious and be an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
When all else fails, clench.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-08-2008, 10:59 PM

joker76 is a member of the JOB SQUAD

OK I get it everybody loves AJ and Daniels but come on already. These 2 should not have even made it out of the first round. I believe the TNA fans on this board are clearly overestimating how good AJ and Daniels are. Are they good yes, are they great yes they are. Are they very small YES they are definitely very small. AJ and Daniels have gotten this far because of very biased TNA fans and that is all. Not on their talents and their lack of size but because everybody wants to sweat AJ and Daniels. They never would beat the first two teams they beat and they definitely should not go over the Outsiders here. Hall and Nash would destroy them and if the going got a little rough for the Outsiders they would always cheat to win. Outsiders in a squash match for me.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-08-2008, 11:16 PM
Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Undisputed WWE Champion

IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker76 View Post
Outsiders in a squash match for me.
A squash!? Are you on crack?!

It's cool if you think the Outsiders are going to win, but to think they would squash a team like Styles and Daniels, who worked better in tandem than most team's I've ever seen is laughable.

I voted against Staniels ve Owen and Yoko, and the idea that AJ and Chris toppled Owen and Yokozuna is a true tournament upset. But The Outsiders are a step down from Owen and the big man.

The Outsiders were, at this point, at the declination point of their careers. They were riding Hogan's coat tails, and partially due to their influence, few wrestlers LIKE AJ and Chris got through in WCW.

AJ and Chris have the agility, speed, cunning, and desire to upset Hall and Nash, even on their turf with WCW rules. The idea that WCW's "slower, 4-sided ring will slow Staniels down" is an insult to every luchador who put WCW on the map with fast moves and high flying. And both AJ and Daniels were accomplished wrestlers long before TNA, so they've done their work in a 4-sided ring as well.

I'll take Staniels to upset The Outsiders in a GREAT match.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-09-2008, 12:24 AM
Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

I think I agree with IC, but I'm not sure. My problem simply is I'm not sure I can see a situation where they could pin either Hall or Nash. However, as IC said, these two match up great with the bigger men. Hall and Nash are big, but they're not big enough that they're invincible. Daniels can go on the mat with anyone his size, and that's something that neither Hall or Nash excel in. Hall and Nash are power guys and they always have been. The biggest problem here for Hall and Nash is that both of their finishers are much easier for small guys to escape than power guys. If that happens, all it takes is a Superman forearm from AJ (which I always mark out for) into a rollup from Daniels to get the win. As IC said, I'll take Staniels in an absolute classic.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-09-2008, 03:13 AM
I've wrestled alot of countries
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

DJ is looking to come up from OCW...DJ is looking to come up from OCW...DJ is looking to come up from OCW...DJ is looking to come up from OCW...DJ is looking to come up from OCW...DJ is looking to come up from OCW...

Its a simple, simple, simple thing to slove. The Outsiders are just too damn slow. They don't stand a chance againist the fastest men going in the business today. Plus, the outsiders NEVER EVER did any decent teamwork that I can recall.

Styles and Daniels win in 15 : 23(if Hall could go that long ) with the ol' Moonsault Frogspalsh combo meal
Old 11-09-2008, 05:49 AM
Rear Naked Bloke

Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...

True. The basis for the argument against Staniels so far seems to be The Outsiders' size. But you should realise that size comes with the sacrifice of speed; even the best big men couldn't avoid the laws of physics, namely that discovery that Isaac Newton made, I forget the name. Staniels were always about their electrifying pace, their tandem work making what were already two nonstop wrestlers even deadlier. And, like I already mentioned, The Outsiders liked to stop every two seconds to reassure the audience that they were twats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu Papi, KJ View Post
Murdering him was obviously the wrong course of action, but it certainly wasn't unprovoked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat of Doom View Post
No one can be that big of a cunt and obnoxious and be an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
When all else fails, clench.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via AIM to Shocky Send a message via MSN to Shocky

Kevin Nash was one year removed from being the longest WWF Champion of the 90's, so to say this guy was out of his prime is a big of an over statement. Scott Hall was a year removed from being arguably one of the greatest IC champions of all time, s to say that Hall was out of his prime, is a bit of an ovestatement.

Hall and Nash win this match, and it's a squash. Daniels, as I've said, doesn't do anything for me. Daniels doesn't match up with Hall or Nash at this point. As I said, this isn't the Silver Fox Kevin Nash, and it's not Big Daddy Cool, but Big Sexy is more then enough to handle both Daniels and Styles.

At this point, the Outsiders were going over teams like Harlem Heat, Public Enemy, the Steiner Brothers, Luger and the Giant, which saw Kevin Nash Jacknife the Giant. Plus, this was at a time the outsiders dominate the cruiserweights like nothing. If Staniels tries anything on someone like Nash at this point in his career, well I believe the image of Rey Mysterio getting launched like a lawn dart into the side of tv production truck comes to mind.

Nash and Hall, and it is a squash to me.

sendpm.gif
Old 11-10-2008, 06:23 AM

I.R.S was ace is looking to come up from OCW...I.R.S was ace is looking to come up from OCW...

Outsiders take it in a squash.
As good as Style and Daniels are, when working as the Outsiders, Nash and Hall destroyed Cruiserweights on a regular basis.
sendpm.gif