WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Interactive (Tournament) Archives > Tournaments Archive > Wrestlezone Tag Tournament > 2nd Tag Team Tournament (2008)
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Edge and Christian vs. the Hollywood Blonds
E&C 11 52.38%
Hollywood 10 47.62%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via AIM to Shocky Send a message via MSN to Shocky
Default WWE Semi-Finals; Match 2: Edge and Christian vs. The Hollywood Blonds

The following match takes place in the WWE Region under WWE Rules.

Edge and Christian

vs.

The Hollywood Blonds (Stunning Steve Austin and Flyin Brian Pillman)

sendpm.gif
Old 11-08-2008, 01:34 PM
WZCW's EurAsian champion (Still)
World Heavyweight Champion

Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...Lee is an ECW Champion...

As a tag team the Hollywood blonds lasted about a year, and had a joint NWA/WCW tag title reign. I genuinely think that this team has gotten so far is because of it being made up of Steve Austin and Brian Pillman, both huge names.

Then you have Edge and Christian...
Two time match of the year winners
7 time WWF Tag champions

the reeked of total awesomeness, I was always a fan of them, going from the brood, to 5 second pose, I was entertained, and defo marked out for them.

Interesting to note; Hollywood blonds = 7 main championships between them (austin wth 7 WWF)
E&C 7 main singles titles (5 for Edge, and two for Christian cage)
Dave also did my sig.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-08-2008, 03:39 PM
WZCW's Mr Excitement
WWE European Champion

a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...a0161613 is going to make some noise in the draft...
Send a message via AIM to a0161613 Send a message via MSN to a0161613 Send a message via Skype™ to a0161613

This is probably the one match that I would have to have seen happen. I believe the Blondes set a template for what E&C became in their later years.

E&C didn't impress me until until around WM16, i thought they were a little bland but i believe that their wins in the TLC 1 & 2 really pushed them on and from they really shone at a time when the Hardys' and the Dudleys were also around.

An awesome match up.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Deadly Rap Cannibal
King of the Ring

Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...

This would be a great match, but E and C were together as a team a lot longer then the Blondes and they had a lot more success. It would be a close match, but E and C would pull it out in the end.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Rear Naked Bloke

Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...

Success is unimportant, really. If it was, the Mega Powers would have shot through this tournament with their holy power of their ability to draw.

I'm still absolutely amazed that The Steiners got taken out by E&C, they were my pick to take this whole thing. It's beginning to become irritating that the silent majority is controlling this whole thing more and more. The teams with the least vocal backing are picking up the wins - yes, I count Staniels among them. Doesn't mean they don't deserve to, of course. It would just be nice if people backed themselves up instead of voting en mass and then chucking their keyboards out the window.

This really comes down to personal preference. Of course, E&C would take it even if it didn't. I think that realistically thinking, the Blondes would take it; they have the advantage of being more polished, well-rounded and as smart if not smarter than E&C. They should win, in my opinion. Title reigns are irrelevant in the hot potato world that was E&C's WWE.

I have no doubts that E&C will win though. Maybe even this entire thing... now there's a depressing thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu Papi, KJ View Post
Murdering him was obviously the wrong course of action, but it certainly wasn't unprovoked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat of Doom View Post
No one can be that big of a cunt and obnoxious and be an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
When all else fails, clench.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Rear Naked Bloke

Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...

Still a few days to go on this. I demand that I be given vocal support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu Papi, KJ View Post
Murdering him was obviously the wrong course of action, but it certainly wasn't unprovoked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat of Doom View Post
No one can be that big of a cunt and obnoxious and be an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
When all else fails, clench.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...Shocky is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via AIM to Shocky Send a message via MSN to Shocky

My vote is going towards the blonds, well the Hollywood blonds. Edge and Christian accomplished a lot, but none of their title reigns are memorable. In fact, without the Hollywood Blondes, Edge and Christian would have been stale. Pillman and Austin were doing things in and out of the ring a decade before Edge and Christian stole it. The five second pose, or all the funny stuff they did, Pillman and Austin did a decade before, whether it be the filming spoof or a flair for the Old.

Edge and Christain will win, Hollywood Blonds should.

sendpm.gif