WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-07-2017, 06:06 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
NWA Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Had Jarrett and the other clown in charge spent time focused on the company, not on stupid lawsuits and Twitter wars with The Hardyz, I might have had some sympathy at this point.

They're going back to "full circle", they started as a weekly PPV company and now they'll try "online" for most of their stuff and a few TV deals out there... considering the problems the WWE had getting The Network off the ground, I can't see any VoD network for GFW being done properly/right and not landing them more in the shit... if we believe what is being said, they don't have the financial backing to cover that.

What I think is that the company will put out more and more "plans" and something sudden will happen... The library to WWE makes sense if a deal can be reached to keep the company open in some form as it means there IS VOD potential there... how WWE monetises that for them is another matter or just buy it and fuck Anthem and the horse they should have never ridden in on.

At this stage, many fans have no more confidence in ANYONE turning TNA/GFW round... it's dead... they had their chance to change and forced Corgan out...

The crazy scenario that might not be so crazy... Hogan could show up and buy it all yet... he's cash rich and hasn't returned to WWE... he could waltz in and buy that company relatively cheaply or the library and have a bargaining chip with Vince going forward.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:57 PM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Karma is a bitch (and I am not referring to Awesome Kong)

The Hardys would be laughing now.

I know how they can get some ready cash. Sell their video library to WWE, and make it enticing by throwing in the rights to the "Broken Universe" into the mix for free as a goodwill gesture. Then GFW can pull up their pants after WWE makes them their bitch, and walk away.

Just save a lot of trouble and sell the company to WWE now. Vince will put the shows and PPVs on the Network, put some of the talent on NXT, and make DVDs of the careers of A.J. Styles, Kurt, Samoa Joe etc.

WCW and ECW were more successful and loved, and yet they fell to Titan Towers. TNA is a dead duck.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:26 AM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I love Reading the non TNA/GFW Fans jump of joy everytime somebody reports that the company is in financial trouble and they might close or sell.

It's entertaining. From what i'm getting as of now, the whole Sports illustrated article was bullshit and the reported and his editor didn't fact check this before putting it on their website. The fact is Anthem just bought the company a couple of months ago. They knew what they we're getting themselves into when they bought it and yes maybe they are losing money right now, that happens to pretty much anybody that buy a company that'S in trouble financially.

When Ted Turner bought Jim crockett's promotion in the late 80's early 90's. The company was losing a ton of money for the first five years of existence at some point they found a way to turn a profit and they we're profitable until turner lost power of his own company.

That'S what's happenning with Global force wrestling right now, they are in a rebuilding stage and i think they are on the right path to turn this thing around now as the product as become better then it was before. They are actually building long term stories now and while being on POP isn't the ideal solution at less they have TV now so they can focus on making this company profitable again which i think they can.

I think that they made a bigger deal out of Jarrett taking a break for personal issues that it needed to be. Jarrett as always been the type of guy that put everything on his shoulders and has to take a break because the pressure is too much. He will take care of whatever he has to take care of in his personal life and will comeback to GFW after.

Sorry to say this to the fans that want to see the company die just because they don'T want to release the broken universe to the hardy's, but the company isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:05 AM
Sally Section
Mr. Money in the Bank

Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...

What revision of history are you using to say that WCW was a profitable enterprise?
Old 09-09-2017, 03:48 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
What revision of history are you using to say that WCW was a profitable enterprise?
1996-1998.

The weeks they were winning.

the Five Moves of doom?
Old 09-10-2017, 09:18 AM
Sally Section
Mr. Money in the Bank

Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...

Winning a ratings war doesn't automatically translate to making a profit. Those ratings victories were borne on the back of massive, throughly documented expenditures well beyond profit that were completely unsustainable.

They made a small fortune from 1996-1998. They spent a large fortune to do it.
Old 09-10-2017, 04:29 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikkbones View Post
1996-1998.

The weeks they were winning.
WCW was doing what Crockett Promotions had done years earlier: they were spending vast amounts of money just trying to keep up with the then WWF. While it's true WCW was winning the ratings war at that time, it's not as if they were blowing the WWF out of the water each week with 2 to 1 wins or anything. Coming out #1 in the ratings isn't the end all, be all means of measuring a wrestling company's success as you have to take into consideration the overall bottom line. For instance today, while WWE's ratings aren't what hey used to be, which is something that can be said for just about every show on television given how viewing TV programs has been changing the past several years, WWE is and has been making more money than it ever has in its history.

As for the notion of Anthem getting ready to sell GFW, I'll believe it when I see it. For years, just about the only things being reported on TNA, Impact Wrestling or whatever the hell you choose to call it these days have been stories revolving around how much financial trouble the company's been in, how they're sometimes months late on paying talent, how the company's been living hand to mouth and how they're on the verge of shutting down but yet they're still hanging on. The demise of TNA/Impact/GFW has been the dirt sheet version of the boy who cried wolf since the company left Spike TV in 2014.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 09-10-2017, 04:36 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
WCW was doing what Crockett Promotions had done years earlier: they were spending vast amounts of money just trying to keep up with the then WWF. While it's true WCW was winning the ratings war at that time, it's not as if they were blowing the WWF out of the water each week with 2 to 1 wins or anything. Coming out #1 in the ratings isn't the end all, be all means of measuring a wrestling company's success as you have to take into consideration the overall bottom line. For instance today, while WWE's ratings aren't what hey used to be, which is something that can be said for just about every show on television given how viewing TV programs has been changing the past several years, WWE is and has been making more money than it ever has in its history.

As for the notion of Anthem getting ready to sell GFW, I'll believe it when I see it. For years, just about the only things being reported on TNA, Impact Wrestling or whatever the hell you choose to call it these days have been stories revolving around how much financial trouble the company's been in, how they're sometimes months late on paying talent, how the company's been living hand to mouth and how they're on the verge of shutting down but yet they're still hanging on. The demise of TNA/Impact/GFW has been the dirt sheet version of the boy who cried wolf since the company left Spike TV in 2014.

Bischoff has said the period between 1995 and 1998 wcw was turning a profit.
I'm pretty sure by that point they were doing better than Vince.

the Five Moves of doom?
Old 09-10-2017, 05:30 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikkbones View Post
Bischoff has said the period between 1995 and 1998 wcw was turning a profit.
I'm pretty sure by that point they were doing better than Vince.
From 1995 to 1998 and even the early parts of 1999 WCW was turning a profit if you believe Eric bischoff. He's a pretty credible source since he actually saw the Books for WCW back then.

Plus, WWE wasn't on the verge of bankrupcy from 1995 to mid 98 when the whole attitude era finally started to get some steam with austin vs mcmahon.

I don't know how this thread went from talking about jarrett and GFW to discussing about WCW. When i use this exemple in my previous reply, i didn'T think it would become such a big subject.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:13 PM

GhettoV1 is looking to come up from OCW...

Every September since 2013 there has been news about GFW having money problems and by Bound by Glory they bounce back like last year when at the eleventh hour they received the money needed to have the PPV and the TV tapings the day after.