WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-12-2017, 02:35 PM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
So Austin being a wifebeater makes it OK for someone else to be a wifebeater? How does Austin being a wifebeater make it OK for ADR to be one?

This one's easy. Frequently defendants enter a plea of "no contest" when the expense of a trial- both financial and in terms of celebrity- would be far more damaging than disposing of the matter quietly. You remember how the dirt sheets spent a year chronicling the Austin trial? Yeah.

No, d_henderson, beating your wife isn't OK because Stone Cold did it and some people didn't mind. And if we're going to talk in terms of your "but Stone Cold was that much of a celebrity" argument, ADR is only equal to Steve Austin if you don't count everything after he stopped getting called The Ringmaster.
Whenever anything like this comes up he comes out with the Steve Austin/Debra wife beating and all. Seen it all before and will next time someone gets tainted by it.

Glad to see that GFW has taken action, although since all the shows are taped Del Rio will still be on TV unless they edit it out somehow, which I wish they would do.

By the time the next taping session roll around hopefully he'll either have smartened up or be gone from the company.
Old 07-12-2017, 03:07 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
NWA Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

The point is that since Benoit, Domestic Battery of ANY level in wrestling is a big no-no... as big a faux-pas as a drugs test fail or breach of "business etiquette" because it immediately puts the idea that wrestlers are violent towards women back into the public consciousness... also remember that it was only a couple of weeks back that it was the 10th anniversary of that, so it's BAD timing.

Austin did it, but he did it before Benoit so to an extent, he gets that pass. Everyone since who works for either WWE or TNA has been pretty much suspended or removed from TV from it, including Hall of Famers like Nash and Lawler (although both had charges dropped and were not "in the wrong" as such) as the sheer idea is toxic to the wrestling business.

There is very much a "don't shit where you live" mentality now, especially in WWE. It's why some relationships get frowned on and others don't. Bray's recent situation is messy and a good advert for this as was Cena and Orton's divorces... If it causes bad publicity or fallout, then you've done fucked up.

The relationships that work are the quiet ones, people like Ambrose and Renee or Naomi and Uso or Carmella and Cass... They keep it as quiet as they can...if there's a problem, you don't involve the business or do it publically.

Best example was on Diva's when it was Alicia still crushing on Wade Barrett... who even knew they'd dated, much less it would be that serious that there'd be even "exaggerated" fallout months later. But they kept it quiet and it didn't hurt them.

ADR's problem now is compounded by the burned bridges with WWE, the increasingly erratic behavior HE is displaying and the age gap with Paige/her family losing patience with the relationship.

It's VERY easy for the "no smoke" argument to apply even if charges were not brought and that being enough for Paige's family to stage some kind of "intervention" on her... or even Dwayne doing so... what ADR then does could decide both their futures.

Not suggesting he'd go all Benoit... but it's clear their relationship is self/mutually destructive and how that works when they're apart is an unknown quantity. ADR had a wife etc before... what does he do if he doesn't have her or Paige? That he is constantly asking people to fight on social media etc is an indicator that left to his own devices, things could go wrong.

Like I said before, really hope this gets resolved for both of them... they both need to do some work on themselves before they look at continuing their relationship or careers. I've a feeling Paige will get that chance to rebuild... ADR may have just nuked one too many bridges.

Last edited by THTRobtaylor : 07-12-2017 at 03:14 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 05:27 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

As far as the whole Austin situation goes, I did lose a lot of respect for Austin when all this came out. From a legal perspective, even though he didn't plead guilty, it still came across that way to me. I've been a corrections officer for over 10 years now and while that doesn't automatically make me some grand expert on the legal system, I've come across more than my share of technicalities that can twist the system so much that it's sometimes hard to tell exactly what's what. Back in the early 2000s, there was no TMZ, no Facebook, no Twitter, no social media to speak of, otherwise this story would've been all over the place and WWE would've had absolutely no alternative but to do something. I'm not saying that doing nothing in the first place was the right thing to do, maybe Vince thought it wasn't the company's business at the time to get involved in such things or he just hoped that the whole thing would be hushed up as quickly as possible. It's impossible to know or tell really.

As far as the Patron/Paige situation, I agree with an earlier poster than we really don't know what all the facts are and we likely never will. If the audio didn't exist to lend some credence to the claims of the woman who claims to have witnessed and heard all this, I'd have mostly written it off as just more tabloid fodder. Before the audio came out, Paige did kind of try to diffuse the whole thing by mentioning bad news about her uncle, which was true, but she omitted all the things going on with Patron. Paige's family claims that he's been physically abusive towards her for months, with pics to prove it, so MAYBE Paige has really been controlled by him and this is an opportunity for her to get out from under his thumb.

In my opinion, and that's all it is, based on what we think we know, they need to go their separate ways. I don't know if Patron is going through a mid-life crisis or what, but Paige is still a very young woman who can salvage her career; she only turns 25 next month I believe, so I think the best thing for her to do would be to leave, stay with her family for a while, work on whatever other issues might be going on, such as drugs or booze, and try to get back on track with her career as a wrestler.

However, Paige is obviously standing by her man as she posted this just a while ago:

"I had a phone call saying my uncle is in a bad way. I'm crying outside the restaurant. I go in, Alberto is hugging me. I'm a little sensitive and we start bickering about something so small. I say I'm leaving and he says something that I won't write on here but it wasn't nice and I, even though I shouldn't have done it. I threw a drink in his face because I was so angry. Again. Shouldn't have done it. It was in front of a lot of people.
I walk out. He follows me a few seconds later and gets the cops and security and a crazy lady decides to leave whatever she's doing to follow us and invade our privacy in the completely low way. Only low life people would do.
Anyways. It was ME who was being held for battery charges because I threw a drink on him. No. He never touched me and no I never hit him with a glass 3 times like the internet in all their glory is making out. It's completely ridiculous how one story can spiral out of control. Oh and guess what internet. He smelt like beer BECAUSE I THREW A BEER ON HIM. Nothing more. Nothing less. No one got arrested. There's no mug shots. There's no charges. Nothing.
The horrible, disgusting human being of lady decided she wanted to make money out of our misfortune. I wish, WISH people would give us the privacy we deserve. I know we won't get it. But I WISH that would happen."

So yeah, it's pretty much all the internet's fault and the fault of this "crazy lady." I notice she didn't mention anything about the audio of her telling him to stay the fuck away from her and that he's ruined her career, though I guess trying to explain that away would make her come off even more ridiculous.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 07-12-2017, 05:41 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...
Default Paige Responds To Alberto El Patron Domestic Incident Again

Quote:
"Alberto didn't want me to say the full story because he didn't want people to know and I didn't want people to know that I threw a drink on him," she wrote.
But the full story is.

I had a phone call saying my uncle is in a bad way. I'm crying outside the restaurant. I go in, Alberto is hugging me. I'm a little sensitive and we start bickering about something so small. I say I'm leaving and he says something that I won't write on here but it wasn't nice and I, even though I shouldn't have done it. I threw a drink in his face because I was so angry. Again. Shouldn't have done it. It was in front of a lot of people.

I walk out. He follows me a few seconds later and gets the cops and security and a crazy lady decides to leave whatever she's doing to follow us and invade our privacy in the completely low way. Only low life people would do.

Anyways. It was ME who was being held for battery charges because I threw a drink on him. No. He never touched me and no I never hit him with a glass 3 times like the internet in all their glory is making out. It's completely ridiculous how one story can spiral out of control. Oh and guess what internet. He smelt like beer BECAUSE I THREW A BEER ON HIM. Nothing more. Nothing less. No one got arrested. There's no mug shots. There's no charges. Nothing.

The horrible, disgusting human being of lady decided she wanted to make money out of our misfortune. I wish, WISH people would give us the privacy we deserve. I know we won't get it. But I WISH that would happen."
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...ncident-again/

--

This seems to contradict the story of the witness somewhat, but the audio is still damning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:30 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

At this point, i think both are in need of reel help because this is becoming such a toxic relationship it not even funny. Based on what has been reported as of now, i think that both are at fault here. Paige is so in love with Alberto that she will cover for him no matter what he does to her. That's a problem in itself and at when does her family come out and says something about this and actually try to help her see that this relationship is not good for her.

Last year, i wrote something about why WWE was actually meddling in they're relationship. back then, i thought they might know something about Alberto and we're trying to help her and everybody thought that they should try to break them up and why are they singling them out. Now we know why they meddle and tried to break them up, they probably had a feeling that something like this would happen and they wanted to protect her from everything that happened since she started dating alberto.

Again, i hate seeing something like this happening to somebody that use to be such a great role model for wrestling fans, now she's such a wreck it's not even funny anymore. She needs help and so does Alberto but it's seem like even if somebody tries to help them, they won't accept it.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:19 AM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
So Austin being a wifebeater makes it OK for someone else to be a wifebeater? How does Austin being a wifebeater make it OK for ADR to be one?

This one's easy. Frequently defendants enter a plea of "no contest" when the expense of a trial- both financial and in terms of celebrity- would be far more damaging than disposing of the matter quietly. You remember how the dirt sheets spent a year chronicling the Austin trial? Yeah.

No, d_henderson, beating your wife isn't OK because Stone Cold did it and some people didn't mind. And if we're going to talk in terms of your "but Stone Cold was that much of a celebrity" argument, ADR is only equal to Steve Austin if you don't count everything after he stopped getting called The Ringmaster.

Now, look, Rayne, I know that you are a "Stone Cold" sycophant who can't see anything that the man does wrong, but let me explain some things.

Where did I ever say that beating your wife is okay? I didn't defend ADR, I was asking those asking for him being removed from "Impact" if they demanded the same thing when SCSA's domestic abuse came out?

I never said that it was okay for El Patron to do it, any more than it is okay for Austin to do it.

But El Patron hasn't been charged or found guilty of anything yet. Let justice take its course, and if he is found guilty, then what he did was wrong.

BTW, THREE different women have made abuse allegations against Austin (Jeannie Adams, Debra and his girlfriend after Debra) have all accused Austin of being physical and intimidating to them. El Patron has been accused once, to one woman, and the case hasn't even gone to trial. Once to one person is still bad, but to say that Austin isn't guilty is ludicrous when a court found him otherwise, and he has had multiple women accuse him.

You sound like you are enabling Austin's treatment of women, rather than condemning it. I am only calling out double-standards, and how Austin being a known wifebeater didn't hurt his career, so it might not hurt El Patron's either. It should have in both cases.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:41 AM
Sally Section
Mr. Money in the Bank

Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
Now, look, Rayne, I know that you are a "Stone Cold" sycophant who can't see anything that the man does wrong, but let me explain some things.

Where did I ever say that beating your wife is okay? I didn't defend ADR, I was asking those asking for him being removed from "Impact" if they demanded the same thing when SCSA's domestic abuse came out?

I never said that it was okay for El Patron to do it, any more than it is okay for Austin to do it.
No. I'm just not a fan of moral equivalency. Thinking you're a fuckup doesn't necessarily mean I'm enamored of Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Quote:
But El Patron hasn't been charged or found guilty of anything yet. Let justice take its course, and if he is found guilty, then what he did was wrong.

BTW, THREE different women have made abuse allegations against Austin (Jeannie Adams, Debra and his girlfriend after Debra) have all accused Austin of being physical and intimidating to them. El Patron has been accused once, to one woman, and the case hasn't even gone to trial. Once to one person is still bad, but to say that Austin isn't guilty is ludicrous when a court found him otherwise, and he has had multiple women accuse him.

You sound like you are enabling Austin's treatment of women, rather than condemning it. I am only calling out double-standards, and how Austin being a known wifebeater didn't hurt his career, so it might not hurt El Patron's either. It should have in both cases.
You aren't calling out double standards; you're assuming that anyone who voices opposition to ADR beating his fiance must have approved of SCSA doing the same. I understand that accusing someone of a double standard is WAY easier when you tell them their opinion for them, but it just doesn't work that way. It's entirely possible to think that you are a fucking idiot without approving of someone beating their wife.

Can't really respond much as your post didn't actually have much substance to it beyond "well you must like Stone Cold" and taking it from there, but I thought I'd isolate a gem you left us as my parting gift to you. Props on digging deep into your middle school D.A.R.E. education to remember the word 'enabling', but minus points for not seeming to grasp what it means.

Quote:
You sound like you are enabling Austin's treatment of women, rather than condemning it.

El Patron has been accused once, to one woman, and the case hasn't even gone to trial.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:36 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...MWRedskins worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Dont know if the story is true or not (the domestic violence, not the suspension).
But if it is, then he for sure should be unemployed and not just by GFW, but by all wrestling companies. This kind of personal problem will do more harm than good for both your company and the wrestler himself.

if he is stripped of the Championship (which would be again, bad for the championship since he just won it)...then i think the title should be on the line in a tournament where two former WWE guys are in it. i dont think the two ex WWE guys (and who i want there is Jack Swagger and Wade Barrett) should win the title, but put them in the tournament to make it interesting, but have the finals being between Storm and Eli Drake....that way the winner is either 1) one of the best talking heels in the business or 2) a fan favorite face with really good mic skills and deserves a nice run with the world title.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:31 AM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
No. I'm just not a fan of moral equivalency. Thinking you're a fuckup doesn't necessarily mean I'm enamored of Stone Cold Steve Austin.

You aren't calling out double standards; you're assuming that anyone who voices opposition to ADR beating his fiance must have approved of SCSA doing the same. I understand that accusing someone of a double standard is WAY easier when you tell them their opinion for them, but it just doesn't work that way. It's entirely possible to think that you are a fucking idiot without approving of someone beating their wife.

Can't really respond much as your post didn't actually have much substance to it beyond "well you must like Stone Cold" and taking it from there, but I thought I'd isolate a gem you left us as my parting gift to you. Props on digging deep into your middle school D.A.R.E. education to remember the word 'enabling', but minus points for not seeming to grasp what it means.
I should have expected name-calling and childishness from you, Rayne.

You see, I don't need to call you names (your mere existence is already an insult to humanity), so let me explain it to you so that it seeps into your thick skull.

You defended Austin by explaining away him saying that he plead "no contest". Except that he has admitted himself in interviews when asked, he has said that he regrets hitting Debra, he only did it once, he was drunk at the time, and he won't do it again (which is what most wife-beaters say).

All I am saying is, hitting a woman is wrong, whether it is El Patron or "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, or whomever did it. I merely said that some people here in the past have defended Austin, when it is an indefensible act.

I also pointed out that it didn't hurt Austin's career, and he still appeared on WWE television, still sold numerous merchandise, and still went into the HoF. I know El Patron isn't on Austin's level, but he is the biggest thing they have at the moment, and I would not be surprised if they remove him from TV for a while, and wait and see what the verdict is in court (knowing how screwy Paige is, I would not be surprised if she withdraws the charge,even in a misguided sense of loyalty, whether he actually did it or not).

Also, they have taped the shows way ahead, and would have to do some heavy editing, but, as I have expressed my disdain for WWE trying to remove Chris Benoit from DVDs (and what he did was worse), then I don't like them censoring their product to cut out any alr4eady-filmed segments with El Patron in them.

Also, GFW or Impact or whatever the hell they call themselves now, don't rely on sponsors as much as WWE, and I doubt they would lose too many viewers, unless the three people who watch Impact now get upset about it.

Besides, you are assuming that this joke of a company will handle a situation like this the right way, when they have hashed up most things they have touched in the last twelve years, so why should this be any different?
Old 07-17-2017, 06:50 AM
Sally Section
Mr. Money in the Bank

Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
I should have expected name-calling and childishness from you, Rayne.

You see, I don't need to call you names (your mere existence is already an insult to humanity), so let me explain it to you so that it seeps into your thick skull.
Let's bring it back exactly one post!
Quote:
Playing the victim role only works when you're a sympathetic victim. You're the kind of victim people look at and say "..........good." If you've got a justifiable complaint to make, it's that I'm way better at being insulting than you are.
Quote:
You defended Austin by explaining away him saying that he plead "no contest". Except that he has admitted himself in interviews when asked, he has said that he regrets hitting Debra, he only did it once, he was drunk at the time, and he won't do it again (which is what most wife-beaters say).
Actually, no. You asked why someone wouldn't defend themselves in court if they were innocent. I provided an answer as to, strictly, why someone who was innocent would plead no contest. To be fair, this one took you two whole posts to lose the plot. But you've wedged yourself into a spot now where you've told me what my opinion must be, and now we have to create my argument for that opinion.

...........no, I'm giving you too much credit. You're just a fucking moron.

Quote:
I merely said that some people here in the past have defended Austin, when it is an indefensible act.
Quote:
Take your "but I merely said", and shove it neatly up your ass. You accused specific people, not "some people", of defending Stone Cold with absolutely nothing to base this on. What you actually said is recorded for people to see.

Quote:
Besides, you are assuming that this joke of a company will handle a situation like this the right way, when they have hashed up most things they have touched in the last twelve years, so why should this be any different?
This is you, again, telling someone what they assume, without seeing a single word of their argument to that position. This is why people tell you to go fuck yourself, and the only disagreement on that topic is how wide and sharp the implement you should use is.