WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-11-2017, 10:41 AM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 worked a dark match on ECW recently...stingray11214 worked a dark match on ECW recently...stingray11214 worked a dark match on ECW recently...stingray11214 worked a dark match on ECW recently...stingray11214 worked a dark match on ECW recently...stingray11214 worked a dark match on ECW recently...stingray11214 worked a dark match on ECW recently...stingray11214 worked a dark match on ECW recently...stingray11214 worked a dark match on ECW recently...stingray11214 worked a dark match on ECW recently...stingray11214 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

This is the perfect example of "forgetting how good you had it until it is gone". The Hardy's had the freaking world at their feet. They had a great gimmick. A schedule they could handle. Matt bringing Reby and the baby along. Making money hand over fist on the Indy scene. ANd, storylines that THEY could control. All the Hardy's had to do was sign an extension while Dixie was in charge. She would had let them keep "Broken".

But, NOOOOOOO...

They had to go play footsie with Vince, Trips and the rest of the Stamford gang. They had to send feelers back and forth. And, when Dixie tanked, Double J and Eddie Nordholm Shoved it all the way up with a red hot poker. Now, they are back to the same gimmick in WWE that nearly broke them in half. No matter how many people scream "Delete! Delete!", Anthem owns the gimmick. And, definitely will shove it up deeper because Reby cannot keep her pie hole shut. And, the Hardy's have a 300 day a year schedule that they cannot handle. Oh, did I mention that Matt can no longer bring Reby and his son on the road?

Look, the Hardy's are just as much to blame in all this as Anthem. Sure, Anthem looks bad. But, they are in the right. And, Nordholm will continue to tighten the screws.
The Hardy's made their bed. Let them sleep in it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 11:11 PM
Knockout Champion

New Hot Fed is looking to come up from OCW...New Hot Fed is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray11214 View Post
This is the perfect example of "forgetting how good you had it until it is gone". The Hardy's had the freaking world at their feet. They had a great gimmick. A schedule they could handle. Matt bringing Reby and the baby along. Making money hand over fist on the Indy scene. ANd, storylines that THEY could control. All the Hardy's had to do was sign an extension while Dixie was in charge. She would had let them keep "Broken".

But, NOOOOOOO...

They had to go play footsie with Vince, Trips and the rest of the Stamford gang. They had to send feelers back and forth. And, when Dixie tanked, Double J and Eddie Nordholm Shoved it all the way up with a red hot poker. Now, they are back to the same gimmick in WWE that nearly broke them in half. No matter how many people scream "Delete! Delete!", Anthem owns the gimmick. And, definitely will shove it up deeper because Reby cannot keep her pie hole shut. And, the Hardy's have a 300 day a year schedule that they cannot handle. Oh, did I mention that Matt can no longer bring Reby and his son on the road?

Look, the Hardy's are just as much to blame in all this as Anthem. Sure, Anthem looks bad. But, they are in the right. And, Nordholm will continue to tighten the screws.
The Hardy's made their bed. Let them sleep in it.
Many guys are gonna realise their mistakes soon enough. Look at what happened to the Dudleys. Bully was hired as a commish on Impact but left them in the dust and wanted one last glory ride with the Vince. Did not happen. They did jackshit with them.(funniest shit, the guy was too proud to return to Impact and admit his mistakes and sign with ROH for no money, good luck, pal lol). Christian left TNA to go back to and they still never cared for him. I cannot wait to see Roode, Galloway and Crazy Steve bring jerked around with failed pushes and disappointments.
Old 05-14-2017, 11:13 PM
ROH Pure Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I suppose people taking TNA's side over the Hardys are also okay with a record company screwing over the signer and writer of a song. I mean, the singer concieved the song, wrote it, and sung it, but the record company claims it, and controls when it can be used, not the singer.

The person who made up the concept should get the final ownership of the concept. They did the work.

It was Matt Hardy who conceived the "Broken" idea. He wrote the segments and played them out. It was the only thing TNA have done in the last couple of years anyone even talked about, and if not for that gimmick, TNA would be an even bigger basketcase than it is today, and there wouldn't be a company for Jarrett and Anthem to even buy and throw their dictatoral weight around. TNA should be kissing the Hardys' feet for keeping the company even slightly relevant. But, like every other good thing TNA has ever done, they then follow it by pissing it down the toilet.

You are all just upset because the Hardys went to WWE who you hate, instead of ROH, so you see them as "sell outs". Face it, if Vince stopped Steve Austin using the "Stone Cold" nickname, you would be upset, but when it isn't one of your favourites being screwed over, you have no problem with it, hypocrites.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:19 AM

jpickens is looking to come up from OCW...jpickens is looking to come up from OCW...

First off if SCSA went to another promotion rather than retire then he would've been simply known as Steve Austin completely different from the Hardy's besides IW did them a favor since there was no way the WWE would have watered down the broken gimmick.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:54 PM
ROH Pure Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpickens View Post
First off if SCSA went to another promotion rather than retire then he would've been simply known as Steve Austin completely different from the Hardy's besides IW did them a favor since there was no way the WWE would have watered down the broken gimmick.
When Austin did the TV series "Nash Bridges" and did films (like "The Expendables") he was still referred to as "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

Besides, didn't Austin create the "Stone Cold" moniker (actually Jeannie Adams, his wife at the time, came up with it). So I don't know how WWE can own the IP on it.

If I was sought after as a wrestler, one of my conditions is that I get to keep my IP, and loan it out to the company. Once I leave, I take my IP with me, since I created it, to the next company.

I don't see why TNA still want the "Broken" gimmick. They can't use it, since the Hardys have left. They are just doing this out of spite, no other reason.

Anyway, WWE should pay TNA for the "Broken" gimmick, as Vince will soon get his money back, both from the "Broken" merchandise, and also when he buys TNA (which he eventually will) and owns them anyway, and sacks Jarrett and co (unless they lose control beforehand, knowing how shambolic TNA is).

Last edited by d_henderson1810 : 05-17-2017 at 04:57 PM.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:15 PM

jpickens is looking to come up from OCW...jpickens is looking to come up from OCW...

But as I said had Steve opted to continue wrestling and went to another promotion he would've either had to go back to stunning or some other moniker but since he retired from the business and went Hollywood Vince is all right with it since it gives him good cred in the wood.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:54 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
When Austin did the TV series "Nash Bridges" and did films (like "The Expendables") he was still referred to as "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

Besides, didn't Austin create the "Stone Cold" moniker (actually Jeannie Adams, his wife at the time, came up with it). So I don't know how WWE can own the IP on it.

If I was sought after as a wrestler, one of my conditions is that I get to keep my IP, and loan it out to the company. Once I leave, I take my IP with me, since I created it, to the next company.

I don't see why TNA still want the "Broken" gimmick. They can't use it, since the Hardys have left. They are just doing this out of spite, no other reason.

Anyway, WWE should pay TNA for the "Broken" gimmick, as Vince will soon get his money back, both from the "Broken" merchandise, and also when he buys TNA (which he eventually will) and owns them anyway, and sacks Jarrett and co (unless they lose control beforehand, knowing how shambolic TNA is).
When he did nash bridges, he was still wrestling for wwe so they could use te stone cold moniker, and I've got a lot of steve's movies and outside of the wwe produced the condamned, they don't use the stone cold moniker in any of his movie.

Unless somebody went and trademark a gimmick before using it on tv, like bully ray did, then the company owns the right to the gimmick. Matt forgot to do that before starting the broken gimmick in tna so technically, they own the right to the gimmick.

Anyway, will I did enjoy the gimmick in tna, I really don't want to see it in wwe, it's not because it was a good gimmick, it's because if the house of horrors is any indication, wwe don't have a clue on how to do this kind of stuff and sadly they won't let matt have full control of the gimmick like he did in tna.
Old 05-20-2017, 04:37 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...wrestlingmasters55 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Another thing that I'm starting to realise, impact wrestling officials seem to have figured out how to play the social media game and play it to their advantage. Reby sky's rant his hurtin them more then helping them at this point. The more she goes on her rant, the more they look like the bad guys in all of this and you need to stay level headed when you go to court or try to make a deal with somebody which she isn't doing. Matt should really have a talk with her at this point and explain to her how her rant os slowly killing their chance of getting the broken gimmick back.

After her last rant, I siding with tna now because while I get that he invented the gimmick, he really should have trademark it before using it in tna, plus having dutch mantell be the more diplomatic guy in this would thing while reby is just going on rants that goes nowhere is helping them
Old 05-20-2017, 03:23 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

Let's make something clear. The Broken gimmick, is not losing value. Not at all. WWE is centered around casual fans and those casual fans, have never seen the Broken gimmick being performed. Which means that whenever the broken gimmick gets introduced into the WWE, it will be something entirely new, for everyone.

Also, WWE themselves, do not need the gimmick. The Hardys do and again, not so much. The Hardys have been a sensation for so many years. Their name has value and they don't need a gimmick to get over. I doubt they will get more over than what they are now. They will just get more entertaining.

IMO, TNA are the only ones losing something and that's easy money. WWE made an offer for something they don't need, not one bit. If TNA believes that WWE need the Broken gimmick and they're trying to get a better deal because of that, then they're fooling themselves. It's ok for them to try to make something out of this, but as of right now, WWE is doing them a favour for even giving them any money.

So just take the money man.
Old 05-20-2017, 04:29 PM
King Of The Wasteland
ROH Pure Champion

Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I asked KB if WWE could find a way round it if they can't get a hold of the Broken gimmick. I thought of Matt going the militant crazy route ala Straight Edge Society CM Punk and Jeff could amp up the weird artyness that he is. Or alternatively just have Bray Wyatt turn them.

It's perfectly fine for TNA to hold onto the rights but at the same time there's not much they can do. There wasn't really any (good) Broken merchandise and the only other thing they could do is realise a DVD charting the gimmick right up to Matt and Jeff leaving.

Yeah they could try and do something with someone else but it would just feel like an Asylum version of a blockbuster movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
You can get rid of chlamydia. Much easier and cheaper than getting rid of a fetus.