WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > General Wrestling Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-27-2017, 05:16 AM
Join WZCW today!
World Heavyweight Champion

Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunaru View Post
Omega finally ends the speculation and confirms he'll be resigning with New Japan in February.

Hnnnnnnnngh.

Going to stick with my prediction of a New Japan Cup win and an IWGP Heavyweight Title win at Sakura Genesis to lead into G1 Special.
I don't know what it is but I don't tend to believe him. I know that he makes a lot of sense but I just tend to have the feeling that it is a gigantic swerve on his part. It almost seems as if what he said is something that someone would say if they WERE going to show up in the Royal Rumble.

I don't think there is any doubt, at least to me, that the WWE have contacted him about making an offer. He has openly said that he had a lot to think about after WK11 and I think that a contract offer from the WWE was one of them. Whether he has chosen to accept that or not is anyone's guess and I guess we will have to wait and see what happens at the Rumble.

The point I am making is that Kenny Omega had been an expert troll since after WK11 and he has worked us all into a frenzy. I am going to try to stop speculating on his speculation because it doesn't mean anything. Until he either shows up at the Royal Rumble or he signs a new contract with NJPW, I'll just wait and see. And I reckon we should all do the same.
Old 01-27-2017, 03:32 PM

Tsunaru is looking to come up from OCW...

If you acknowledge that he's been an expert troll since WK11, can you not see that it's entirely possible that the entire thing has been a work and he's had no intention on leaving New Japan in the first place? His match with Okada combined with his "free agent" status has resulted in him being probably the most talked about wrestler this year, and with him now confirming his return to New Japan, he's going to be drawing more eyes to the company, just in time for them to have their first shows on North American turf.

I've no doubt that he's received offers from the WWE. They would be stupid not to have tried to bring him over. It's more a question of whether or not he actually entertained those offers, or if that was him working the fans and not this new situation of him saying that he's going back to NJPW.
3) AJ Styles (WWE)
4) Kevin Owens (WWE)
5) Asuka (NXT)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 09:38 PM
Only have NJ World now!
Knockout Champion

ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'm glad the Omega issue has finally been put to rest. Personally I believed it was a work the whole time. There was no way New Japan would've let him win the G1 and main event WK, then just leave. Not after Nakamura and Styles!
Old 01-30-2017, 10:56 PM

Omega now confirmed to be working Revolution Pro April 14th, which as I'm sure you should be aware is a working partner with New Japan, and due to the iPPV nature of the show, is a promotion that Omega would be unable to work with under a WWE contract. So just for you Dave, that's it. It's officially settled, he's not working us by saying he's going back to New Japan just to end up in WWE instead.

So Okada vs Suzuki. Should be pretty good, but I think it'll have a hard time topping Styles vs Suzuki at G1 24. I would definitely not complain about being proven wrong though.
3) AJ Styles (WWE)
4) Kevin Owens (WWE)
5) Asuka (NXT)
Old 01-31-2017, 03:15 PM
Only have NJ World now!
Knockout Champion

ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I can't remember which match it was, perhaps it was that G1 match, when Suzuki sold the Rainmaker where he literally went 180 and did a headstand selling the move. Amazing haha

"If Okada wins here, just who the hell beats him afterwards?" to be fair I saw this argument for the Omega match but I really think Suzuki will win this one.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:56 AM
Only have NJ World now!
Knockout Champion

Well ladies and gentlemen, your IWGP champion... STILL Okada! I really don't know what to think of this result.

This match played out very differently to what most people imagined I expect. It wasn't really a back and forth contest. Instead it was Suzuki playing the detestable villain, working over Okada's leg and WK injuries at the press conference, and then utilising every trick to try and put Okada away.

In hindsight it makes sense. Suzuki is 48(!) years old. YTR of all people pinned him several times. For Suzuki to be on par with Okada (which would then imply he's on equal footing with Omega) is slightly absurd.

I think this matches more testament to Okada's greatness. This was a completely different style of match, it told the story well. Okada is my favourite wrestler going. However I think Suzuki should've won this.

Suzuki did literally everything to perfection, his plan worked... I almost felt like he earned the belt. I actually thought for a moment Okada was going to tap, Suzuki kept resorting to the most basic of submissions but yet it worked so well.

But then Okada still manages to win. I'm sure many will be making Cena comparisons. I can't help but feel that's appropriate. It's not like losinto Suzuki would've made him look weak. He already had injuries, I think this would've been an ideal time for him to drop the belt.

And of course my question from before "Who beats Okada now?"

Okada is one of the few wrestlers in New Japan who is able to speak clearly enough for me to somewhat understand (my reading and writing is far better than my speaking and listening, funnily enough most foreigners learning Japanese are the opposite haha). Okada said his usual "Please allow me to say three things.";
1) Suzuki... until now I've always hated you. Tonight... I hate you even more.
2) The New Japan Cup is coming. Anyone who has the balls to win and challenge me, step up!
3) Nothing especially... Ah but there's something I've forgotten. There's someone I want to challenge. He probably won't compete in the New Japan Cup... Tiger Mask W!
Old 02-25-2017, 10:03 PM

I'm still pulling for Omega to win the NJC and then take the title at Sakura Genesis. It just seems the most logical booking if he's going to end up holding the belt when they make their trip stateside.

Honor Rising is tonight. It's a pretty basic card, but I can't help but feel that something is going to happen between Omega and Cole. They've teased some tension between the two in a couple Being the Elite episodes, and we all know what happened to Omega's partner in his first real match back last time he lost a title match at Wrestle Kingdom. That could easily just be me looking too between the lines though.
3) AJ Styles (WWE)
4) Kevin Owens (WWE)
5) Asuka (NXT)
Old 02-27-2017, 03:32 PM
Only have NJ World now!
Knockout Champion

I just wanted to say Elgin vs Naito was an excellent match, and I believe a deliberate attempt by them to try to outdo Onega vs Okada haha.

I haven't watched any of the Honor Rising shows yet. The New Japan Cup... I really have no idea who will win! When I think about it I really am terrible at predicting New Japan outcomes.

Since it's close to my birthday I got myself a ticket and will be at Sakura Genesis!
Old 02-28-2017, 08:31 PM

New Japan Cup brackets have been announced. Block B is decidedly more stacked than Block A, with 4 guys in B that could realistically win (Omega, Suzuki, Ishii and Shibata) to Tanahashi (and MAYBE Elgin) in A.

I'm predicting the finals goes down to Tanahashi (beating EVIL, Honma and Elgin) and Omega (beating Ishii, SANADA and Suzuki) before Omega takes it and sets up his IWGP Heavyweight title rematch at Sakura Genesis.
3) AJ Styles (WWE)
4) Kevin Owens (WWE)
5) Asuka (NXT)
Old 03-01-2017, 08:32 AM
People Like Me, We Don't Play
ROH Pure Champion

FunKay the Lesser is a United States Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a United States Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a United States Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a United States Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a United States Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a United States Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a United States Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a United States Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a United States Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a United States Champion...FunKay the Lesser is a United States Champion...

First off, Suzuki vs. Shibata should be ridiculously nasty and brutal. Those two just seem like they were destined to butt heads at some point. In fact, if this first bout ends up being any good, then I could easily see them working an elongated programme to help elevate Shibata to the main event.

As for who's going to win the whole thing, I'm not certain, but the obvious final for block one is Tanahashi vs. Elgin and Omega vs. the winner of Suzuki/Shibata is the likely outcome in block two. Elgin vs. Omega would be the most intriguing outcome for me simply because both men have legitimate stakes in the IC and Heavyweight Championship pictures, and therefore with both guys hanging around and probably going after Naito and Okada sooner rather than later, it makes sense to me to have them square-off in a fairly intriguing fresh match-up in New Japan.

But an all gaijin final might be off the cards, so, either Tanahashi vs. Omega or Elgin vs. Shibata or Suzuki would both be quite intriguing. That said, New Japan tend to throw a curve ball in there to make things interesting so who knows, maybe we'll finally get that Toru Yano vs. Yoshi-Hashi match that everyone's always wanted...
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
THis guy gets it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Legend.