WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > General Wrestling Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-07-2016, 08:29 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Aztec warfare is the best whole show of each season, sure there's only two seasons to judge it off but its had probably the two most significant events in the show. Puma winning the first title in season 1 and Dario returning and unleashing Matanza last year.

The fact that its two weeks away is really taking away from Grave consequences next week. Especially when i think its just another excuse to write Mil out for a while until he returns for the run home to Ultima Lucha with a new accessory to signal his new found power. Although imagine if Puma was to lose and we got these cheesy underworld death scenes allowing Konnan to mentor him. Fuck me dead it would be hilarious yet somehow the greatest thing all at once.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:41 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

I was worried that I'd be burnt out with two gimmick matches announced going into the show. I'm pleased to say that I was wrong.

Mascarita vs Famous B was exactly what it needed to be. It wasn't designed as a barn burner story. The revenge plot was paramount, but while that played out, this was about fans having fun. Unabashed, unapologetic fun. I chuckled, I popped, and I rooted for the good guy, probably for base and shallow reasons. Don't try and overcomplicate wrestling when you don't need to.

Fuck, did Ivie get hurt again? If not, she might be the best seller not named Sami Zayn. Can't see it being a work, as it didn't affect the outcome, but then again there is still plenty of time in the season to play this out. Sami Callahan/Solomon Crowe/Jeremiah Crane continues to impress me with the lethality of his strikes. Dante/Killshot looks like it could be a nuanced storyline, though that's difficult to do effectively with a fresh, new character.

Grave Consequences. Wow. Awesome! I thought it would fail to live up to GCI, but I think it surpassed it. The first one was brutal, but the story here was just fantastic. Great showing here, and I'm glad to see Mil pick up another major win. Feels like he hasn't had momentum since the season finale of s01.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A11oftheLights View Post
Although imagine if Puma was to lose and we got these cheesy underworld death scenes allowing Konnan to mentor him. Fuck me dead it would be hilarious yet somehow the greatest thing all at once.
You're onto something. Could be some wonderful, b-movie quality reels coming our way.

One thing I really want to see going into Aztec Warfare; King Cuerno returning and having a really strong showing.

No. No one else misses Rybaxel
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 11:10 PM
Ooh baby I like it roooaaaaw!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @DW View Post
Ultima Lucha is their multi-episode season finale. We're 9 episodes into a 40 episode season (holy shit), so don't hold your breath just yet. Booking this match so early was a little strange, but I think it might have just been reassuring the audience that the match will actually happen, as it seems to have fallen on the wayside at least one occasion.

I don't know if you caught Aztec Warfare in season one or two, but you're in for a show. Hopefully, that will keep your eagerness at bay!
Good looking out. I had a feeling it was gonna be a ways off. I did watch the last Aztec warfare, and I dug it. I usually enjoy every episode that I've seen this far, especially if it features Pentagon.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:14 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I wish they'd shown that catrina mil scene from the start of the episode at the end of the last. It probably would have had me stressing for the whole week not just the hour. The smile on Vampiro's face definitely means something is up and I really look forward to it. Puma was shit last year, he wasnt used as the star he is and the shows are so much better for it. The minute his contract expires or LU finishes, Ricochet better be in NXT because I have not been a big as a mark for a wrestler since I first started watching wrestling just over 11 years ago
Old 11-11-2016, 08:24 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Oh and how much does Famous B sell. It worked in this match but geez i couldnt help but cringe. I wonder where the character goes from here, I'd really love for him to build a stable of stars and get a hold of all the titles just like Catrina did after Ultima Lucha. It could be used to catapult someone into a star if they breakout as the gift of the gods champion ala batista.

Finally, there's one guy in the crowd who is almost unbearable, kinda looks like Ezra Miller. Its gotten to the point where he thinks he's part of the show. When puma was slamming the casket on mil he's air slamming along with him. Another episode after a big win (might have been weapons of mass destruction) they cut to him with his arms outstretched like he was immortal or something ffs. Basically he's one of the idiots that make up the IWC who tries to make the shows about them
Old 11-17-2016, 07:52 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

FUCK OFF

SERIOUSLY GET FUCKED. This is a luchadora who in season 1 was squashed by Big Rick in like 30 seconds without even being hit. Since then she has had one match against miriposa that has been any good and we just saw from aztec warfare that miriposa aint shit. And meanwhile striker is trying to claim that she is once in a generation fighter or some shit. Fuck me dead. This feels like an absolute pisstake. I know Ivy is injured but she is probably 10x better at making me believe in her than what sexy star is. She was pummeled tonight and yet somehow managed to win without mounting any offence. Striker trying to give her the credit and Mack the assist on the elimination of PJ Black (maybe it was Jack Evans) was mindboggling. I honestly feel like they were trying to ride on the back of Hillary Clinton winning the election but taped too early.
SHE'S A FUCKING PASSENGER FFS
Click for Spoiler:
Oh well she's meant to be fucking off to become a boxer anyway so she cant be hanging around past this season. Maybe they'll push a decent female after that

Other thoughts from Aztec Warfare:
-Probably the worst of the 3
-Was action packed but really highlighted the lack of depth in main event talent
-Jeremiah Crane could be something if they book him write, has the character to match the look.
-Please push marty. If he can become a main event talent I'd love to see The Monster vs The Maniac
-There is a huge gap between the top of the roster and the bottom. Think it was a big mistake to have Puma, Fenix, Cage and Texano sit it out. The midcard was given too much of the burden to carry and they just arent believable threats (excusing the fact that sexy fucking star just won)
Old 11-17-2016, 03:05 PM
The Future Mr. Kelly Kelly
WWE Diva's Champion

ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via AIM to ztwhite

Aztec Warfare was meh -- at best.

Didn't really get the inclusion of several of the guys, or gals. Thought Rey Mysterio was most likely to win out of all the people in the match. Knew they wouldn't let Matanza retain and Mil Muertes wasn't going to carry the belt, again.

Ending was kind of garbage and pretty unbelievable. I guess it sets up the match next week with Johnny Mundo and the champ -- who will remain nameless for spoilers sake, even though like three people on here actually post about LU.

Can someone please explain why Matt Striker and Vampiro act clueless about the 'backstage' segments and vignettes? I know it's been that way from the jump, but it's kind of silly.
Old 11-17-2016, 06:41 PM
Ooh baby I like it roooaaaaw!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...

Rey seemed primed to win after pinning Matanza, but alas it wasn't meant to be. What really disappointed me was how Pentagon was eliminated. You have Black Lotus and three other broads just do and attack on the guys, and a weak one at that, and he couldn't recover at all?

To answer zt's question, it took me a while to figure it out, but Vamp and Striker don't have monitors I think to see what's going on backstage. It looks like they're meant to be for the viewers at home only.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:34 PM
The Future Mr. Kelly Kelly
WWE Diva's Champion

ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via AIM to ztwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowdown View Post
It took me a while to figure it out, but Vamp and Striker don't have monitors I think to see what's going on backstage. It looks like they're meant to be for the viewers at home only.
I get that, but why not have a producer fill them in on what's happening so it's a more fluid show?

Aztec Warfare III was a prime example of the absurdity. Johnny Mundo goes from #12 to #2 and Dario Cueto was then shown in the ring telling Melissa Santos -- who's smoking hot, BTW -- that he was making the change. Matt Striker and Vampiro made it seem like Mundo was shocked by the number and they acted surprised, as well.

Since I'm a TV producer, maybe it's more obvious to me and viewers aren't really bothered by it. Just strikes me funny.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:09 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

It's the style of the show. It's hard to word it but it's not meant to be a wrestling show. More of a drama about a wrestling show. So there is no backstage stuff because Dario is all about the fighting but obviously he has alterior motives