WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > General Wrestling Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-22-2016, 05:47 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

Wow, this thread has less activity than Lucha Underground's viewership!

Ha ha!

Ha!

Well, I don't know about you all, I've been very busy. In fact, Smackdown has kinda nudged Lucha out of my priority viewing for the week. Nonetheless, I just marathoned the last three episodes. Here's my takeaway;

Matanza is just idle in the water, now. Dario's Dial of Doom was a nice attempt to keep him interesting, but as we've discussed time and time again, Matanza keeps almost losing. Cueto can rub it in that Matanza keeps running through the competition with ease, but we've seen otherwise! I don't care if you want to protect Killshot. He should not have gotten in as much offense as Prince Puma did!

Don't get me wrong, I like Killshot lately. He certainly won me over in the WMD match, but the story of the Unbeatable Monster Matanza hinges on how well he can keep the competition at bay. Puma's match should have been the only time Matanza was on the ropes, only to be thwarted by Mil Muertes, in my opinion.

Some great matches in the last few weeks! Puma vs Mil, Puma vs Matanza, the Triple Threat among the Trios champs, just great work! In fact, even Sexy Star has somewhat lived up to the pomp and circumstance that Matt Striker bestows on her each week. Her match with Jack Evans showcased a competitor who actually holds her own quite well in a singles match.

Looks like, what, two injuries? Taya and Fenix. Three if we're talking about Angelico. Does anyone have a non-spoiler report on those injuries?

Oh yeah, and Aztec Warfare III will be gracing us on November 18th! The Monster Matanza confirmed at #1, and Drago confirmed at #20! Fenix and Aerostar ineligible to compete in the match. This would be a great opportunity to take the title off of Matanza while protecting him, as they seem gung-ho to do.

No. No one else misses Rybaxel
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:09 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...

i've been struggling to balance uni, social life, sport, tv and video games. However i caught up last night.

I imagine Fenix will work through the nose, you can hide him in a trios match and have drago/aerostar carry the load. Expect them to drop take the title of the super friends (or whatever they are calling them) and Drago will join marty and miriposa.

Not sure if Matanza will drop the title, he has to but i'm not sure if he will. If he doesnt drop it im not sure if ever can
Old 10-27-2016, 09:50 PM
Ooh baby I like it roooaaaaw!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...

I usually catch LU if I have some free time on the weekends. I'm curious to see who will de-throne Matanza, especially being that with he's looking a little a little more vulnerable. It was looking as though Prince Puma was going to get the title back until Mil Muertes got involved.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:11 AM
Don't thank me; I've done nothing
WWE Women's Champion

Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...

The reveal that Lord Claw might need a body to inhabit was interesting. It could be that this was the entire point of the Temple - a fight club to bring together the best fighters from whom to choose a vessel for the god looking to initiate Aztec Armageddon.

It also provides Lucha with an out if they cannot get a big name to play Lord Claw. Rather than spend big money to bring in a big free agent and need them to hit the ground running in the main event, they can have an already established star in a mask, make up or something like all-black contact lenses.

I would imagine that Dario's Ultimate Opportunity will not come to pass; perhaps someone a little less intimidating will end up accidentally becoming the vessel. Maybe Jeremiah is rooting around in Dario's office looking to steal something.
Old 10-30-2016, 11:13 AM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by A11oftheLights View Post
Drago will join marty and miriposa.
I think you mean Kobra Moon. She was the one slinkying around Drago in the disgusting bathroom. I guess Daga isn't around anymore, so perhaps that story is dropped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Барбоса View Post
I would imagine that Dario's Ultimate Opportunity will not come to pass; perhaps someone a little less intimidating will end up accidentally becoming the vessel. Maybe Jeremiah is rooting around in Dario's office looking to steal something.
I could get behind that, but Cage as a destroyer-god would be pretty epic. Then again, to your point, I'd tremble under the foot of Mascarita, Dark Lord of All.

The latest episode was pretty damn good. I was shocked to see Sexy Star lose the Gift of the Gods championship, but it certainly made sense. She's still pretty sloppy, but her character arc is quite good. I just wish Ivelisse was the one benefiting from the story.

Speaking of, Sami Callahan is a welcome addition to the temple. I never saw much of him in NXT, but those kicks are FIERCE! I also accept that Lucha is a little rough around the edges in it's production, but Matt & Vamp asking who this guy is while the Believers chant "Sami" makes them look like real tools.

Please, please don't be foreshadowing the return of Konnan.

These "Rabbit" themed vignettes are intriguing. Very well executed. There's yet to be a real psychological character in the Temple yet, and this might be it. It's a shame the reveal has already been leaked, though;

Old 11-03-2016, 11:58 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

Did anyone else have any strange picture in picture issues this week? I totally missed the image of the "Tick Tock" stable. Looks like the group that was in that trailer.

I understand an unlikely babyface getting in a flurry of offense, and I know I'm beating this horse dead, but there was no reason for Cortez Castro to get any offense on Matanza! Zero! That's how much offense he should have had. The Crew grew on me, but Castro is a nobody. A nobody with a broken arm, at that. I'm willing to eat my words, but it doesn't seem like this angle couldn't be executed by a full-fledged jobber.

The visual of the cast being broken was cool, though. Props to the foley department.

My prediction; Grave Consequences III will be better than II, not as good as I. BUT DON'T BRING BACK KONNAN!

Through all of it's flash and pizazz, Lucha Underground has more than enough gems in their catalogue of matches. This was one of them. Chavo and Rey worked a great match. I wasn't crazy about the false finish, and Chavo could have worked Rey's leg a little more, but his uncle he is not. Smart work by both.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:56 AM
The Future Mr. Kelly Kelly
WWE Diva's Champion

ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...ztwhite is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via AIM to ztwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by @DW View Post
Did anyone else have any strange picture in picture issues this week? I totally missed the image of the "Tick Tock" stable. Looks like the group that was in that trailer.
El Rey Network was all jacked up this week. They kept running their weekend scary movie promos over Lucha's broadcast. It's bad enough that El Rey isn't offered in HD on DirecTV, but I digress...

I don't read spoilers, so I'm totally interested in the White Rabbit thing. It's looks promising.

Next week should be a pretty solid episode with the Grave Consequences match between Puma and Mil. Ricochet is one of the best in the business, right now (IMO) and he has a pretty good chemistry with Mil. I also dig the Catrina involvement, but I think they should use this match to advance her upcoming match with Ivelisse at Ultima Lucha Tres. I also see Vampiro getting involved in this match, somehow.

I love the return of Believer's Backlash, but having Mascarita Sagrada involved seems like a waste. I get that it's a way to make him beating Famous B believable, but...

Needless to say, let's just get to Aztec Warfare which is always a great night for LU -- at least the first two have been.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:12 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Puma will win this match. And Mil will have his annual death only to return stronger than before. Suprised they will have him miss aztec warfare but oh well
Old 11-06-2016, 02:41 PM
Ooh baby I like it roooaaaaw!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...

When is Última Lucha supposed to go down? I'm really looking forward to Ivelisse vs Catrina.
Old 11-06-2016, 03:47 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowdown View Post
When is Última Lucha supposed to go down? I'm really looking forward to Ivelisse vs Catrina.
Ultima Lucha is their multi-episode season finale. We're 9 episodes into a 40 episode season (holy shit), so don't hold your breath just yet. Booking this match so early was a little strange, but I think it might have just been reassuring the audience that the match will actually happen, as it seems to have fallen on the wayside at least one occasion.

I don't know if you caught Aztec Warfare in season one or two, but you're in for a show. Hopefully, that will keep your eagerness at bay!