Originally Posted by FlairFan2003
You must have lived in a cave with no TV. Here was a standard week of wrestling TV here in Pittsburgh circa 1990...
* NWA Pro Wrestling (hour long syndicated, aired Sat mornings on local Fox Affilate)
* WWF Superstars (hour long syndicated)
* WWF SupetStars Of Wrestling (2 hours on WWOR Cable, originally aired Sat nights, then moved to Sun mornings)
* NWA Pro (a different syndicated TV program, aired late night Sat)
* NWA "WCW Saturday Night (2 hours prime time Sat night on TBS)
* WWF Prime Time Wrestling (2 hours prime time Mon Night on USA)
* NWA Power Hour (one hour Sun night on TBS)
This doesnt include periodic specials like Sat Night Main Event or Clash of Champions.
There was a ton of wrestling on TV before the advent of The Monday Night Wars
I live in Montreal and for us, we only had wwe superstars on saturday afternoon and maple leaf wrestling which was just another version of superstars.
We had awa on espn playing on tsn and that got replace by wcw power hour for a couple of years in the erarly 90's and saturday night's main event on nbc that's prety much what we had here. We started to get more wwe programmng around 94 when tsn sign a deal with wwe to air wwe programming but before that. All we had as far as wwe programming was concern was superstars.