WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-26-2012, 03:51 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

SorgFamily is looking to come up from OCW...SorgFamily is looking to come up from OCW...SorgFamily is looking to come up from OCW...SorgFamily is looking to come up from OCW...SorgFamily is looking to come up from OCW...

I really loved the Austin-Angle-McMahon comedy going on right after Austin turned heel. It shouldn't have worked on any level. I mean c'mon, Austin playing "Kumbaya" on guitar to cheer up McMahon? And then Angle trying to win back McMahon's love by playing "Jimmy Crack Corn"? On top of that you throw in Angle bringing in the sheriffs badges and I think Austin brought in the cowboy hats it was all just too much. In a hilarious way mind you. It's like it passed funny went into ridiculous then came full circle right back to hilarious.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-26-2012, 04:45 PM

Kelso1ftw is looking to come up from OCW...

One thing I really loved was the last time DX was wrestling before HBK retired when they had that storyline going on with hornswaggle! When they had to go to little people's court under the ring and it was all midgets was great! I don't know how good it would have been if it wasn't for HBK and HHH but nonetheless I thought it was ridiculous in a great way!

Also really enjoyed the whole "I can do anything better than you!" feud with MVP and Matt Hardy! They had some good points to the feud like SCSA coming out to face MVP in a beer drinking competition and some of the stupid stunts they did to one up each other.

1. Daniel Bryan
2. CM Punk
3. Cody Rhodes
4. Damien Sandow
5. Dolph Ziggler
sendpm.gif
Old 12-26-2012, 05:34 PM

Hitman1102 is looking to come up from OCW...

Val Venis and Kaientai. "I choppy choppy your peepee"

Pure gold right there
sendpm.gif
Old 12-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

ShinobiMusashi is looking to come up from OCW...ShinobiMusashi is looking to come up from OCW...ShinobiMusashi is looking to come up from OCW...ShinobiMusashi is looking to come up from OCW...ShinobiMusashi is looking to come up from OCW...

I also was a mark for all of the Glacier, Mortis, Wrath stuff back in WCW back in the day. Mortis was pretty awesome looking, and Wrath has always been a favorite of mine going back to when he was Adam Bomb.

Looking back they were stupid characters, but compared to the WWF's stupid characters like the Godwins and Blackjacks, and Headbangers etc, they were a lot more interesting, and cooler looking as well.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-26-2012, 06:45 PM

AmerikanWolves619 is looking to come up from OCW...

Speaking of gold, one of my favorite storylines was where Evolution electrocuted (by accident?) Golddust. After his shock, Golddust began to have studder to the point where he had Turrent Syndrome. Every vinette that he did was absolutely hysterical. It really showed the kind of range that he had as a character.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-26-2012, 08:54 PM

SmattyG is looking to come up from OCW...SmattyG is looking to come up from OCW...SmattyG is looking to come up from OCW...

I have to go with Moppy for this one. Perry Saturn choosing to date Moppy over Terri Runnels was bizarre enough, but then the whole where's moppy? saga. Featured a classic segment between William Regal, Tajiri and Saturn, where Regal was trying to tell Saturn he found Moppy, and Saturn saying "That's not Moppy! That's just a mop with a face drawn on it" Gold!!
sendpm.gif
Old 12-26-2012, 10:27 PM

Toron is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
HBK & God vs. Vince and Shane

Was it wrong? Of course. You can't deny it was in bad taste.

Did it make for some great promos? Definitely. The match was awesome too, except for the finish. Shawn Michaels may very well be the best performer ever, and this match is not an exception. Vintage Vinny Mac.
I agree with this lol. Some people hated it, but honestly, I loved it. I just thought it was so funny. When they had that light come down the ramp, I remember cracking up. And hey, it really wasn't that bad a feud, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmerikanWolves619 View Post
Speaking of gold, one of my favorite storylines was where Evolution electrocuted (by accident?) Golddust. After his shock, Golddust began to have studder to the point where he had Turrent Syndrome. Every vinette that he did was absolutely hysterical. It really showed the kind of range that he had as a character.
Haha, I remember this to. That was pretty funny.

Does anyone remember when they had Chris Benoit defeat Orlando Jordan in a match in less than a minute, back in......oh idunno....2003?....and then for like a month afterwards on every Smackdown they had some segment with Benoit going around doing things that he could also accomplish in less than a minute. And they had a clock on the top right hand corner. And in one of the segments he went to the bathroom and took a piss and he's like," See, I can also take a piss in under a minute". Haha, I remember this storyline because of that one line! On second thought, this wasn't a stupid storyline, this was great!

Another storyline I'd like to bring up was back in '98 when they had the Mark Henry/Chyna love angle. I thought it was pretty funny and I'm actually dissapointed they didn't actually have them get together in the end. Correct me if I'm wrong, because I don't remember it perfectly, but I don't remember any pro-longed relationship angle between the two of them ever coming to fruition, but it would have been great if they had. Maybe it would have stopped Mark Henry from getting involved with Mae Young

Last edited by Toron : 12-26-2012 at 10:31 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-27-2012, 12:40 AM

HiddenInPlainView is looking to come up from OCW...

How about Big Bossman feeding Al Snow his dog Pepper.....or when Chavo Guerrero had his toy horse Pepe thrown in the wood chipper....or Big Show riding his father's casket as Bossman drug it with his car....those were all classic
sendpm.gif
Old 12-27-2012, 06:24 AM
Totally Reeking of Awesomeness
X-Division Champion

HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I just watched Judgement Day 2006 when Booker T won the King of the Ring, and I have to say I loved Booker's king gimmick. Booker doing the ridiculous accent and hand gestures made me laugh everytime. It seems a lot of people give this storyline flack, but I thought it was very entertaining. Just the little things like calling Teddy Long Thadeaus, and making royal decrees just hit the spot for me. He was just the last person i would expect acting and talking like that, and honestly I thought it was great.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-27-2012, 10:39 AM
Sells seashells by the seashore
Undisputed WWE Champion

Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...Mustang Sally is an ECW Champion...

I must be alone in this one, but because of my passion for Drew McIntyre, I loved the "program" they ran for he and Teddy Long even though it was one of the dumbest I've ever witnessed.

After a real-life stay in WWE Purgatory, Drew was given a chance by Teddy to rejoin the roster. All he had to do was win a match set up by Teddy..... and Drew would be back in the fold.

Trouble was, Drew couldn't get the victory... no way, no how. And it's not as if Teddy was throwing Drew guys such as Brad Maddox has had to face to accomplish essentially the same thing. While Maddox finds himself opposing giants and other top-line guys, Drew was being fed people like Santino and Zack Ryder, for pete's sake. Still, he couldn't buy a victory until John Laurinaitis stepped in and gave him Hornswoggle. I was sitting there, scared to death he was going to lose to the dwarf, but Drew took the "glorious" victory and kept his spot on the roster.

Okay, so the follow-up: Why did Laurinaitis step in? Why did he give Drew a sure thing? Why did he want to involve himself in the first place?......Answer: we don't know. They never did anything else with the program, which is the main factor that made the whole thing ridiculous.

Then: What was WWE intending with this stupid program? I (foolishly) figured Drew was in line for a push, otherwise, why bother with this losing streak garbage in the first place?....Answer: We never found out the purpose. As far as we knew, giving Drew a losing streak was a beginning and ending in itself. Positively ass-holian in concept.

Okay, this qualifies as a stupid storyline, right? So, why did I love it?

The answer is obvious, since I'm Drew's biggest fan (and future love interest). I think it's understood that winning or losing isn't as important to a WWE performer as airtime, right? For almost two years before this program, Drew had been given virtually no time on TV, except for isolated "jobber" moments, and the occasional victory on Superstars. In 2011, he was even left home during the European tour, which must have embarrassed him when his family and friends saw WWE playing Glasgow and realized their guy hadn't even made the trip.

I figured he was close to being future endeavored, yet wondered how a guy so young and talented (and gorgeous) could possibly be let go.

As it turns out, the question hasn't been fully answered yet, but it's encouraging that Drew finally has a program to run with. There's absolutely nothing wrong in being paired with a couple other mid-carders to start something that allows audiences to see them again, hopefully culminating in all three being given a chance to show their wares for future programs (a la Nexus).

So, the storyline was uber-stupid, yet I loved it what ultimately came out of it. I guess we'll never know whether the writers intended for more to happen, and simply dropped it......or whether they did exactly what they meant to.

But, man, was it stupid.
sendpm.gif