WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-03-2015, 02:25 PM
Your Mother's Favorite Wrestler

MTL722 is looking to come up from OCW...MTL722 is looking to come up from OCW...MTL722 is looking to come up from OCW...MTL722 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Who had the most OVER WWE run of the last 10 years?

With all of the complaining and negativity going on in this forum for the last week, I am going to go against the grain here a start an ENTIRELY positive thread. Who, in the last 10 years, had the most over definitive HEEL or FACE run? Name the talent and timeframe or storyline of their run. The following are qualifiers and caveats that I'd like to see in this discussion
  1. No 50/50 reactions. Your answer must have been a clear heel or face
  2. No Cena. Not for reasons of hate, but for his 50/50 reaction
  3. This includes ALL talent. Wrestler, commentator, manager, etc.
  4. Finally, NO "part-time" talent. The talent must have been seen LIVE and IN PERSON weekly for at least 4 weeks

Have a nice day!
Old 12-03-2015, 02:39 PM
Knockout Champion

RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'm not sure about the criteria you use to consider someone "most over" and the time-frame is pretty weird.

Nevertheless, I'd say Chris Jericho, Rob Van Dam(2000-2002 I guess?, though he was pretty over in 2006 as well), and Randy Orton come to mind.

But I think Shawn Michaels and CM Punk were even more over. So it would probably come down to them both. And since Punk actually got more over after 2010, and HBK retired, I'd have to go with Punk. CM Punk had the most over run between 2006-2014.

Reasons:-
1)His ECW Debut.
2)Survivor Series 2006, the arena chanting "CM Punk" and NOT for Hardys or DX, arguably two of the most over tag-teams/groups in the WWE ever.
3)July 2011. Punk basically reinvented wrestling. Can you even imagine the rest of 2011 with Cena as champ and CM Punk never happening/rising? The WWE should be thanking Punk. But then assholes are assholes.

Last edited by RomanfreakinReigns : 12-03-2015 at 02:53 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-03-2015, 02:42 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
ROH Pure Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...

For the faces
Batista was way over from 2005-2007 as a face. He wasn't getting the reaction Cena was getting at least.

Jeff Hardy from 2008-2009 was the most over babyface on the roster, no doubt about it.

CM Punk was also over from 2011-2012 until he turned face, but not as over as the previous two.

My answer haowever is going to be Daniel Bryan. Nobody in the last 10 years came to level of fan reaction he had. Wrestlemania 30 is proof of that. The fans just wanted to see him become the champ. Even in his Team Hell No days, he was insanely over..

For the heels
Edge. Is there anyone else in the past ten years that made every single fan on the planet boo the hell out of him? No. Edge, from 2006-2009 was the company #1 heel. Everybody hated Edge. He had amazing charisma and that face of his, the only thing you wanted to do with that stupid face was to punch it.

Honorable mention here: CM Punk. Punk was a great heel from 2009-2011 and in 2012. But given the fact that in his first heel run he didn't have the success Edge had and during his second he was getting cheered, I give the heel throne to Edge.

Another honorable mention is Orton in his run from 2006-2009. However I always believed that Edge was the better heel, due to his charisma and mic skills, which IMO are far superior to Orton's.

EDIT: How could I forget Chris Jericho? 2008-2010? Universally hated. But still, Edge gets it for me.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-03-2015, 03:22 PM
Your Mother's Favorite Wrestler

MTL722 is looking to come up from OCW...MTL722 is looking to come up from OCW...MTL722 is looking to come up from OCW...MTL722 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by renaissanceman2014 View Post
I'm not sure about the criteria you use to consider someone "most over" and the time-frame is pretty weird. .
Over is over. Everyone here knows what that is. Who was best at soliciting reactions that they were supposed to get? Time frame is based mostly on this being a new generation. Funny how you went with a 2000-2002 run tho.

For instance, Vickie Guerrero during her GM run got NUCLEAR heat. It was mostly just based on her voice, but she was amazing at getting the entire audience to boo
Old 12-03-2015, 03:59 PM

LionheartY2J is looking to come up from OCW...

It has to be Daniel Bryan. This guy went from nothing to icon status overnight. In fact, I'd go as far as to say in terms of peak popularity in my lifetime, he's in a class with Hogan, Undertaker, Stone Cold, The Rock, and Goldberg.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-03-2015, 04:18 PM
.you.lose.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...Checkmate worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Babyface:

- The Undertaker: 2005 - 2007

Before he was a part-timer, the Undertaker consistently appeared on Smackdown and was probably the most over babyface on the brand, aside from a select few others, such as Batista. His feuds with Batista and Randy Orton are standout moments.

- Daniel Bryan: 2013 - 2015

The YES Movement is one of the largest fan movements in the history of wrestling. It transcended WWE and made appearances at sports arenas during games. Anytime such a thing happens for a wrestler, they are most certainly over. Injuries aside, Bryan faced top level guys like Cena, Orton, and Triple H en route to winning the WWE title in the main event of Wrestlemania.

- Batista: 2005-2006 (and perhaps even 2007)

People cried when he vacated the title due to injury. Think about that. This guy was over. He had a Daniel Bryan-esque storyline before Daniel Bryan; he was held down by Evolution and the crowd wanted to see him breakout and be the man. Then, he did. His feud with Triple H was great, then he went over to Smackdown and had some solid, if forgettable, matches.

Heel:

- Michael Cole: 2010 - 2012

Talk about nuclear heat. People loved (or hated) to hate Michael Cole. His feud with Jerry Lawler was awful, painful to watch, and so lengthy that people boo'd this guy before he even spoke.

There are plenty of others, but those were the first ones I thought to mention.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-03-2015, 04:25 PM

kkrulez64 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL722 View Post
  1. No 50/50 reactions. Your answer must have been a clear heel or face
  2. No Cena. Not for reasons of hate, but for his 50/50 reaction
  3. This includes ALL talent. Wrestler, commentator, manager, etc.
  4. Finally, NO "part-time" talent. The talent must have been seen LIVE and IN PERSON weekly for at least 4 weeks
So which is it?

Talent is talent. Doesn't matter how often that person is there.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-03-2015, 04:55 PM

YatesA is looking to come up from OCW...

I didn't watch wrestling when Cena was over so can't say for sure but wasn't he massive in 2006? CM Punk popped into !y head first as he was the one who kept me watching after The Rock initially got me back. Also Daniel Bryan is a contender. Edge and Jeff Hardy too I guess.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-03-2015, 06:24 PM
WWE Champion
Knockout Champion

Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...Messiah is looking to come up from OCW...

It's gotta be Chris Jericho. He was super over as a heel and can play a babyface at any time and be over as well. Daniel Bryan was very over as a face to, but wasn't a great heel. He tried but couldn't do it, people loved him too much.

Gotta love the people mentioning CM Punk. He was barely over at all, i guess any excuse to mention the guy.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:13 PM
Let me show ya somethin!!!
Million Dollar Champion

Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YatesA View Post
I didn't watch wrestling when Cena was over so can't say for sure but wasn't he massive in 2006? CM Punk popped into !y head first as he was the one who kept me watching after The Rock initially got me back. Also Daniel Bryan is a contender. Edge and Jeff Hardy too I guess.
Yes. That's the stupid part of this thread. He was crazy over in 05 and 06. It's easily the best answer for a face, with the best argument being DB.
sendpm.gif