WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Media Hub
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-18-2016, 07:33 AM
Behold my diction
WWE European Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

The nation of France is on our minds and in our hearts. They've had many devastating occurrences within the past year and a half, but they've never lost the stigma as a nation of courage and beauty. They're a culture that, at their core, seems to understand the beauty of the human spirit.

Serge Elissalde is a French animation director, who created his first animated film in 1990. It was called "The Street Sweeper", and it captured the essence of an identity that is so stubbornly irascible and yet vulnerable to the power of innocence.

Something to warm the soul:

Old 07-25-2016, 06:47 AM
Behold my diction
WWE European Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

What I'm about to share, I've posted before on the forums. I posted it to bring light to a performer who -- for all I can research -- innovated the concept of a dark brooding gimmick in the world of pro-wrestling. A British man who went by the name Kendo Nagasaki captured the imaginations of pro-wrestling fans the world over. His persona was so captivating, that in 2008 a British animation director named Rob Pointon was inspired to create a nine minute video promoting Kendo Nagasaki. The video included an amazing animated short.

Kendo Nagasaki; Genesis in Portrait:

Old 08-01-2016, 01:03 PM
Behold my diction
WWE European Champion

One very fascinating thing about being alive, is that all life is in large part the product of carbon dust forged in the hearts of stars. The idea of being "from dust" has always fascinated me.

Daniel Larsson and Tomas Redigh are a Swedish duo who work together in a band named "Rymdreglage". They've created many amazing stop-motion animations to go along with their songs for their YouTube channel, my favorite of which is an animation that relates to my introduction. It's a stop-motion animation that -- to me -- depicts a man born of dust, almost appearing to be reintegrated after having been disintegrated.

Rymdreglage - Respawn:

Last edited by enviousdominous : 08-01-2016 at 01:08 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:22 PM
Behold my diction
WWE European Champion

Yesterday was my birthday, and it reminds me of an animated film that really got me interested in writing. It's not a film about writing, it just had the right aesthetics to get my imagination going into overdrive.

This animated film is called "Hunt", and it depicts a young child who I saw as very similar to myself when I had watched it on my twelfth birthday. I had received a collection of animated shorts called "Masters of Russian Animation", and this was an offering by animation director Eduard Nazarov.

I really can't do justice to how much I love this film:

Old 08-15-2016, 10:24 PM
Behold my diction
WWE European Champion

Some compilations of animated work take a very long time to produce and compile. An animator named Bruce Bickford spent 20 years making short claymation films for his DVD compilation, his work totals 48 minutes of animation. His DVD, titled "CAS'L", can be purchased here, and -- for what it's worth -- I highly recommend it.

Here's a very trippy excerpt from CAS'L:

Old 08-23-2016, 12:07 AM
Behold my diction
WWE European Champion

David Lynch is a director I've been very critical of, but that's mainly because I feel that I've seen his work at its most captivating and at its most nonsensical. Sometimes he combines a mixture of brilliant and nonsensical I suppose, perhaps his meaning isn't always easy for me to grasp.

In 1968, David Lynch produced an animated short film that recalled a moment where his wife's niece was experiencing a night terror while reciting the alphabet. We get to experience a fascinating exploration into the nightmare of a child which was thankfully captured by a great director.

David Lynch - The Alphabet:

Old 08-30-2016, 12:30 AM
Behold my diction
WWE European Champion

Sometimes being haunted by imagery can be a wondrous experience. With animation, this can be done with technique as much as it can be done with content. Piotr Dumala is a Polish animation director who specializes in what is called "destructive animation", in that he creates each frame by cutting into painted plaster and painting over cuts that had already been made. This example of his work is being shared more as an example of the technique, but it's still one that'll likely give you some captivating nightmares.

Piotr Dumala - Flying Hair

Old 09-05-2016, 09:28 AM
Behold my diction
WWE European Champion

My earliest observations of humor were when I would watch episodes of Month Python's Flying Circus that had originally aired long before I was born. While watching, I'd be put into a unique state of mind while watching the bizarre animated shorts of Terry Gilliam. I wasn't completely sure if I was watching disfigured people, as he would often use images of actual people in his animation. I wasn't amused per se, more that I was fascinated and couldn't figure out why.

In 1971, Terry Gilliam created an animated short called "The Miracle of Flight" that aired on the Marty Feldman Comedy Machine. I'm unfortunately unable to find the original broadcast, which contained animation that was cut for a 1974 theatrical release. Even without being the complete vision of Terry Gilliam's creativity, the 1974 version is still amusing without not being bizarrely fascinating in its imagery.

Terry Gilliam - The Miracle of Flight:

Last edited by enviousdominous : 09-05-2016 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-11-2016, 09:15 AM
Behold my diction
WWE European Champion

Fair warning; this submission might make a few viewers angry in regard to its content.

The 1980s were a strange time, the US and Russia were competing in a propaganda war. In 1985, the Soviet Union was still very much unified as a group of nations dedicated to preserving the grandeur of Communism under a Russian head of state. All those of us within either country really knew was that our country was awesome and the other country was horrible.

In 1985, Belorussian animator -- and founder of BelarusFilm -- Oleg Belousov created a short animated film based more on an attempt to convey the misery of life in the US than an attempt to reflect on actual occurrences within the US. Beyond the propaganda of depicting impoverished citizens of the US, this film suggests that advancements in video game realism would likely contribute to excessive violence.

I'm sharing this as an example of how some individuals on the other side of the Cold War saw American life, and to showcase a unique animation style from a nation that isn't famous for its animated films.

Oleg Belousov - Cowboy Games:

Old 09-19-2016, 07:25 AM
Behold my diction
WWE European Champion

There's something desensitizing about prosperity, that lacking a necessity to avoid constant peril makes existence somewhat mundane as a side-effect. We can't help taking our time for granted, to a human being a seventy year life-span is full of countless examples of unique experiences that can never be truly replicated. Seconds out of the day are arbitrary, we're all looking forward to certain key events and our lives in between those events are just mindless filler.

The following animated film is based on the idea of seeing reality though the eyes of a man who has awareness of his own doom clock. The rest of humanity is ignorant, which is best for them. His example is how I'd see my own, suddenly reacting to ever small experience and savoring those that would ordinarily just be another mundane part of the day. To no longer be wealthy with available time is about the only way I could see myself truly understanding the value of time.

Bernardo Britto - Yearbook:

Last edited by enviousdominous : 09-19-2016 at 07:30 AM.