WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Media Hub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-25-2016, 01:08 PM
Behold my diction
ROH Pure Champion

enviousdominous scored a win over Santino Marella...enviousdominous scored a win over Santino Marella...enviousdominous scored a win over Santino Marella...enviousdominous scored a win over Santino Marella...enviousdominous scored a win over Santino Marella...enviousdominous scored a win over Santino Marella...enviousdominous scored a win over Santino Marella...enviousdominous scored a win over Santino Marella...enviousdominous scored a win over Santino Marella...enviousdominous scored a win over Santino Marella...enviousdominous scored a win over Santino Marella...

There was this old game called Skyroads, which was a pretty basic game where you play as a little hover craft that has to hop over obstructions or to other platforms while constantly moving forward along an obstacle course.

It had a pretty damn enthralling soundtrack, here's the games very catchy intro:

Now, one might want to imagine how that would sound played on an electric piano. Lucky for those of us who would want to imagine as much, a young man named Casey Thayer posted a video on YouTube of himself using an electric piano to play various tracks from Skyroads to include the intro. And here he is:

Last edited by enviousdominous : 05-25-2016 at 01:19 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:26 PM
Torn between Rooney & Kate Mara
WWE Champion

Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...

Out of all Donkey Kong Country SNES games, Diddy's Kong Quest is the one enjoyed playing the most. It's one those games that constantly annoyed me as a kid, because I couldn't get past King K. Rool. And when I finally did for the first time, I stumbled around in the secret level or the Lost World, until I was too frustrated after hitting too many brick walls, so I said to hell with it.

Still, 2 is definitely one of my favorite childhood games. Played it over and over again throughout the years, and the soundtrack is top notch stuff. Nothing feels disposable throughout the game, and each track really works as a perfect tie-in for the atmospherics, the setups, and the landscapes on different levels. Some of my favorites:

Old 06-20-2016, 06:12 PM
Behold my diction
ROH Pure Champion

enviousdominous scored a win over Santino Marella...enviousdominous scored a win over Santino Marella...enviousdominous scored a win over Santino Marella...enviousdominous scored a win over Santino Marella...enviousdominous scored a win over Santino Marella...enviousdominous scored a win over Santino Marella...enviousdominous scored a win over Santino Marella...enviousdominous scored a win over Santino Marella...enviousdominous scored a win over Santino Marella...enviousdominous scored a win over Santino Marella...enviousdominous scored a win over Santino Marella...

Come with me now, on a spirit journey through the far reaches of time and space as we seek answers to life's most compelling mysteries. Also; Earthworm Jim wanted to tag along and I didn't see a reason why that would distract us.

It's weird when a deliberately off-beat video game pulls out a music track that seems more like it would be a Dead Can Dance interlude or an Enigma outro. That video game was Earthworm Jim 2, and those who played the level "Lorenzen's Soil" (an obvious pun on the movie Lorenzo's Oil) were treated with one of those video game music tracks that prompt you to pause the game and just... listen for a while.

Here you go:

So, I never played Earthworm Jim 2 on the PS1. YouTube likes to do auto-plays of videos that they think are similar to what you just experienced, and sometimes they actually get it right in that effort.

I was spacing out to my latest submission to this thread, when YouTube connected me to the version of that same song as it's played on the PS1 version of Earthworm Jim 2. Umm, they went all out in making that song capture my soul.

Definitely worth listening to even if you've already listened to the original, a rare moment when a masterpiece is responsibly improved upon:

Old 06-20-2016, 10:16 PM
Torn between Rooney & Kate Mara
WWE Champion

Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...Mitch Henessey is a United States Champion...

SNES X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse was my first X-Men game. I was looking forward to fighting Apocalypse, but it was kind of disappointing. Apocalypse is an easy boss to defeat, but on the flip side of that, Magneto was a real pain in the ass.

I always had a lot of fun playing as Psylocke and Gambit, but I hated playing as Beast, because he bored me. It's easy to pick up on the similarities between a lot of themes, but Wolverine had one of the best next to the theme used on Magneto's space station, and the theme for the bosses is another one of my favorites:

Old 06-22-2016, 07:30 AM
Behold my diction
ROH Pure Champion

Sometimes it's amazing what an obscure DOS game can produce in terms of music when they're limited to ancient midi technology.

In 1993, Strategic Simulations released another part of a huge library of games based on the popular table-top game Dungeons and Dragons called Dark Sun: Shattered Lands. The music played while experiencing this game's menu and character creation isn't mind blowing, but if you really listen you can hear the small details that make this one a great example for this thread.

It starts at 40 seconds in, have a listen:

Last edited by enviousdominous : 06-22-2016 at 07:36 AM.
Old 06-28-2016, 07:52 AM
Behold my diction
ROH Pure Champion

There's something about Shadowgate that I can't accurately describe;

The main title theme is so damn intriguing, it captures the state of mind where you're traveling into an unknown world of danger where your only relief is eerie calm. This game legitimately gave me nightmares as a kid, but I could not stop playing until I made it to the end. The puzzles were pretty stupid in hindsight, but the sense of triumph was electric when I killed the behemoth.
Old 07-19-2016, 02:23 PM
Behold my diction
ROH Pure Champion

There was this old point and click adventure game by LucasArts called Full Throttle, and they had a great soundtrack which mostly consisted of tracks written by the band called The Gone Jackals. One song really stood out though, it becomes one of those moments where you just stop playing and listen to the entire song. The Gone Jackals seemed to add a joke track of sorts called "Increased Chances - Chitlins, Whiskey and Skirt", but it's an amazing track in that it very casually mocks the idea of a redneck living in a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Old 08-24-2016, 10:32 AM
Behold my diction
ROH Pure Champion

The. Most. Epic. Video Game. Moment.

Speechless.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:56 PM
One Winged G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...Dagger Dias is an ECW Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Been a while since I last posted in here.

Lagoon - Master of Water

Click for Spoiler:

The theme for the game's namesake, Lagoon Castle. It was a massive castle at the very end of the game, followed only by the cave that led to the final boss. It was also bigger than the other two castles you visited during the game (Philips and Siegfried) combined. I recall much frustration trying to navigate the place as a kid but the catchy excellent music helped.... Almost as if the developers were saying "We're sorry that this level is such a pain, here's an awesome song for you to listen to for motivation!". Memories include getting that stupid statue item, getting the red caped sprite along with the final armor, preparing to fight the boss named Battler, and the Silence Terrace although this song does not play in that room.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:20 PM
Behold my diction
ROH Pure Champion

There was an obscure game that I played as a kid called "Time Lord", that I remember mostly for its music. The levels were pretty basic side-scrollers with some depth as you could walk up and down terrain, the music made the levels pretty damn immersive. It's also worth noting that the game's soundtrack was composed by the very famous David Wise.